Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else on a foodie farewell tour? I've been on one since I got my date (1/27) I think I've gained 10lbs! On on my last few days, my pre op starts Tuesday. This is madness!

I did that a tiny bit....

You'll still be able to eat all the food you love post-surgery, just smaller quantities. The sleeve is just a tool, however. I'd recommend taking your pre-op time to start incorporating healthy eating habits. It will help start your weight loss, build your confidence, and make the transition to the pre-op and post-op eating plans a much easier change.

Best of luck on your journey!

I did my "food funeral" but it's really not a necessity. Once I started my pre-op--I was DEADly serious about it. Yes the pun is intended. I decided to take my pre-op diet seriously, my weight loss surgery seriously as well.

I had been on so many "diets" that resulted in weight loss but not long term weight loss. I made up my mind that dammit I was going to go into this with an attitude of "This is IT!" I am done with half measures and by God I am going to make this work!

Yes, I ate things that I thought I wouldn't be able to eat after surgery. Turns out I can eat anything I ate before surgery but now I feel like WHY? My sleeve is small and I now refuse to put junk in it. I'm not perfect. I still eat small amounts of things that are not good for me. I don't stay on program ALL the time BUT I can eat very little and say enough--don't need that stuff. I didn't go through the surgery to eat those things in quantities which caused me to be morbidly obese and need the surgery. Besides, eating food that's not healthy seems to make me feel crappy and frankly, I like feeling good!

Best of luck to you. Like AlwaysVegas said. Use this time to start to change your habits. Remember it takes time and practice to change any habit. The longer you practice it--the more ingrained it becomes and the more of a habit it becomes.

Good luck and I hope your surgery goes well.

Blessings,

Kathleen

Thank you! I'm getting very excited!

I thought I would go on eating binges, but so far I really havent

It's not goodbye forever. It will just be different. Cravings will change and soon it just won't be worth it to have that "treat". Keep in mind, losing weight before surgery gives your surgeon more room and the size of your liver will shrink. I crashed and lost 10 pounds 2 weeks before surgery. Is the food funeral really worth it? Going to have to find other things that bring you joy other than food. There's a great big world waiting for you to discover. :-)

I actually have blogged my farewell tour of foods. While I realize that I will be able to eventually have these foods again and since I see it as a grieving process -my relationship with food- it helps me prepare for my anticipated surgery. Anything that helps you prepare it helps.

Good luck. ????

Well, tonight I had my last food funeral. This is stuff I'm never going to eat anymore, even if I can. Tomorrow I get back to eating my 3 high Protein, low carb meals a day plus two Protein shake Snacks. I expect to get insurance approval by next week and then I will have my date. Between now and surgery it is all about practicing the behaviors I will need to be successful after I have the surgery. I feel like this is my last chance to get my life back. I am going to win!

• Well... We leave this Tuesday on a 15 night vacation that includes 5 nights at WDW, a 6 night cruise and then four more nights at WDW. I will be home 27 days before my surgery and this is when I will really focus on things related to pre surgery. I am HUNGRY (hee hee) for all info I can find on what will be my new lifestyle and my "rebirth" in a way, BUT this is my last vacation of "life as I know it" and I am just going to focus on being in the moment and try not to think too much about the surgery during this time. I have already started to slow down my eating, take little bites, chew chew chew, and cut down on fluids during my meals. I will continue this on vacation but I am going to have what I want and so to answer your question, I guess I am having a foodie farewell tour of sorts. Having said that I KNOW that my joy in life after surgery is going to be so much richer than the most decadent meal I could ever dream of now. I will always be a foodie but I expect my tastes are going to change quite a bit and I welcome it with open arms :-) Good luck to you!!!!

Nope, I had worked long and hard to develop clean eating skills. I had no desire to binge. I just wanted to be healthy and not have my life ruled by food.< /p>

A good many of you have far more restraint then me. I enjoyed the

holidays with its feeding frenzy...of course I gained 15lbs.

I'm totally not trying to sound judgemental. ... but seriously, after 4 months post op, you learn to not be so "in love" with foods. The passion gets sapped when the first 2 months it feels crummy going down and then you can only eat about 2-3 ounces at a time. Find something else early, preop that makes you happy and excited. .. not food. Trust me, I get it.... preop, I'd plan my day out to get Breakfast at McDonald's and then get lunch at another fast food place and then 2 mcdoubles back at McDonald's right around dinner. Now, I eat two tiny bites of bun, then just 1/2 a single patty.... no fries or drink since there's no room. Getting full feels like I've had a huge thanksgiving meal, almost slightly uncomfortable. Prepare to have your cravings change too...

I'm rooting for you guys. You can and will do it just fine. Just be prepared for hard work, changes mentally, physically. Definitely not a walk in the park, which you know. Be prepared for excuses why you aren't eating much around folks who don't know you've had surgery.... excuses for why u are losing weight fast, etc. Lots of people will question your family members to see what is going on. It's just a life changer. I'm here if anyone needs to vent.

Edited by alexsisv

• Well... We leave this Tuesday on a 15 night vacation that includes 5 nights at WDW, a 6 night cruise and then four more nights at WDW. I will be home 27 days before my surgery and this is when I will really focus on things related to pre surgery. I am HUNGRY (hee hee) for all info I can find on what will be my new lifestyle and my "rebirth" in a way, BUT this is my last vacation of "life as I know it" and I am just going to focus on being in the moment and try not to think too much about the surgery during this time. I have already started to slow down my eating, take little bites, chew chew chew, and cut down on fluids during my meals. I will continue this on vacation but I am going to have what I want and so to answer your question, I guess I am having a foodie farewell tour of sorts. Having said that I KNOW that my joy in life after surgery is going to be so much richer than the most decadent meal I could ever dream of now. I will always be a foodie but I expect my tastes are going to change quite a bit and I welcome it with open arms :-) Good luck to you!!!!

Minniegirl I'm new to the journey so I don't have much advice, I just wanted to say your vacation sounds fabulous!!! I absolutely love Disney...are you a DVC member? My home resort is Saratoga Springs but I've never stayed there. We do Disney Cruises and love them! I even did my honeymoon on a DC haha! Anyway hope you enjoy yourself and best wishes to you on the surgery!