Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

Moment of truth --- I ate like total crap over the holidays! Way to many sweets and my workouts weren't as often as they should have been. Gained 3lbs! ???? ( probably would have been more if I didn't go to the gym.)

BUT -- one week of eating by the rules and several miles of running and those pesky lbs are gone. This is the victory of the sleeve! You can reign yourself right in and get back into good habits.

I've been in maintain mode for about three months and working on building more muscle. It's so great, BUT still important to stand on that scale and keep myself in check. I can eat 1,800+ calories (easily) any given day ( and workout days, I'm so hungry!) but with good food choices and my lovely restriction, it keeps me right where I want to be.

How are you all? Check in please! I love to hear all your success! And if your struggling then you REALLY need to check in ;)

Hi all. I had my surgery on the 9th of Jan. It went super and I felt great. Now however I am home from Mexico and am having a hard time. Mostly with weakness and dizzy spells. I almost blacked out in the grocery store today. Kinda scared me. I've tried salt, coffee and also homemade chicken Soup. Not helping. Anyone else have or is having these symptoms?

Hi all. I had my surgery on the 9th of Jan. It went super and I felt great. Now however I am home from Mexico and am having a hard time. Mostly with weakness and dizzy spells. I almost blacked out in the grocery store today. Kinda scared me. I've tried salt, coffee and also homemade chicken Soup. Not helping. Anyone else have or is having these symptoms?

Hi! We are all a year out ( 2015 group!) you're sounding dehydrated to me. Sip sip sip!! Try an electrolyte drink? You need to contact your surgeons office and make them aware. They will know how to guide you the best, this early out.

I'm feeling great a year out, down 75 pounds altogether, running twice a week plus 2 functional training exercise classes. but also 3 pounds has crept back on, due to snacking after supper!! (I'm trying not to eat after 9 pm) because once I start snacking, I keep coming back for more food 20 minutes later!! (I'm eating healthy snacks) it's just the bad habit that I had that got me fat in the first place!

Hi all - checking in!

Surgery was a year ago on 1/19 and I am at GOAL!!!! Had my annual appointment with the surgeon's office - PA & Nut were both very pleased and said they would see me next year.

I'm super happy... on to maintenance. I track my food EVERY DAY and stick to a certain amount of calories/ protein/ carbs but other than that I don't stress too much. My nut has been very helpful and I think I'm in a really good place to maintain.

I don't post much but have followed this group all year and everyone's input has been so valuable.

Looking forward to hearing about how everyone is doing!

Nicole

Hello all! Just found this forum. I was sleeved 1/6/16 and I'm on full liquids for a few more days. Glad to find you all here! I'm only down 17lbs in almost 4 weeks. It's a little discouraging.

Look forward to getting to know you all!

Jen 42year old sleever from Atlanta

Www.Sleevechick.blogspot.com

I haven't been on in about two months cause I wasn't really losing anything. My doctor gave me a scolding and said I should of reached goal already and that was discouraging a bit. So I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. I have pcos and still trying to find the right balance for that and lose weight at the same time. I guess I'm just making sure I'm not gaining anything. Hope everyone is doing well and staying strong!

It's been a struggle to maintain I'm not going to lie. I've found myself gently creeping up on the scale when I used to be 147-151 now it's more like 152-156. My goal is to be in the low 40's so still need to work on it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

@@divajenATL

Just so you know, this is the January 2015 thread. Look for your year 2016 and best to you!

January 2015 Sleevers-please check in!

i'm in a really serious blaaaaaaa. .....probably depressed.....I didn't reach goal but I am maintaining what i lost within a few pounds. But I don't have the energy I had before, I'm very tired of watching my food, just no motivation. Bad foods creeping in. I think the losing and feeling SO GOOD was invigorating and a huge high and now that's long gone.

Would love and need to hear from others! Thank you

I've fallen off the wagon... too hard to get back up on my own so I'm back on here. 8 months after surgery I was at my lowest, down 64.4 pounds at 185.6 on 9/15/16.

Now a year later, today, I've regained 27.4 pounds so that puts me at post op 1 year and 8 months down 37 pounds.

I know where I went wrong, I've got excuses but I won't bore you with them here. Have any of you done this and successfully gotten back on the wagon and are on your way toward your goal again? I need some, "me too, but it's possible to turn it back around"

TIA

Sent from my Android using the BariatricPal App

@@sleevedmanda

I do not have the exact experience but I sure do feel for you and get it. The pain and shame is overwhelmging. All I can say is that for me, even tho I haven't gained much weight back, I feel as down as I did before surgery SO....I'm guessing I still have some serious problems not related to weight. I just blamed all my issues on being obese. So here I am, a smaller person but still the "same me" with the same underlying issues.

I do see other posts from longtime sleevers is that you can recover. It is harder than postop weight loss but possible. They say to start on the liquid diet again, and clean up eating habits, the sleeve still works but we have to follow the eating plan. I've been toying with doing that but just not ready to do that.

I will make a commitment to you today (cuz I have to tell someone) I am going to eat well this day. No sugar, no crap, follow the food plan just today. One day at a time.

Thanks for listening.

Hi Buddies!

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are struggling. Can you believe we are 20mo out!??

My weight leveled out around 150lbs ( 10lbs under surgeons goal.) I was able to get under that but had to work out for hours and hardly eat. Not ideal lifestyle.

Now I'm 20wks prego with my 2nd baby and doing pretty good! I def have a bigger appetite and struggled majorly during the first 16wks with severe nausea. I've put on about 10lbs but my OB is happy and says I'm well within normal range and my labs are good. It's a serious mind trip to be gaining again ( even prego!) and I'll be excited to have this baby and get my body back.

Eating healthy and exercise is the best thing we can do for our bodies! Start there and limit those portions. Remember lifestyle pays off; not extreme dieting.

Best of luck to you

@@sleevedmanda

I do not have the exact experience but I sure do feel for you and get it. The pain and shame is overwhelmging. All I can say is that for me, even tho I haven't gained much weight back, I feel as down as I did before surgery SO....I'm guessing I still have some serious problems not related to weight. I just blamed all my issues on being obese. So here I am, a smaller person but still the "same me" with the same underlying issues.

I do see other posts from longtime sleevers is that you can recover. It is harder than postop weight loss but possible. They say to start on the liquid diet again, and clean up eating habits, the sleeve still works but we have to follow the eating plan. I've been toying with doing that but just not ready to do that.

I will make a commitment to you today (cuz I have to tell someone) I am going to eat well this day. No sugar, no crap, follow the food plan just today. One day at a time.

Thanks for listening.

I am going shopping this weekend to prep for the pouch test.

Sent from my Android using the BariatricPal App