Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

i think we have all let some bad habits slip into our lives again and I'm not really wanting to beat myself up about it. i just want to recognize it and move on. We never said we weren't going to eat normal I think we needed to learn Portion Control and moderation, I'm glad that everyone is still doing so well. I know that working out is so hard... I still go daily but lately it has been a true struggle, I go but it is not for as long and I'm hating it more then ever. I'm going to take some time off in November for my birthday weekend and hope when I come back relaxed and happy I will once again be committed in the sense that when I do go I'm not slugging along!

@@Veronica Page

I think you are doing amazing Veronica. I started at 276 and could have easily hit over 300 on the pace I was going. It's been harder the past 2 months. Had a lot of changes and travel and lapband honeymoon is over. But I'm slowly losing again. I feel great.

I'm happy to hear you are still losing and the point is you aren't gaining. I have been eating a lot lately but I feel like I need it otherwise I have been shaky and semi sick. I did put on two pounds but its up then down ect. I just try not to pay attention and not let it get to me. Stay strong!

@@Veronica Page

What i'm about to write may be crazy talk and I'm fooling myself but I don't think so. -----In past weight loss efforts, eaching the 200 lb mark has been my downfall, twice! I reached 200 lbs, panicked and started gaining back all I had lost.

This time the stall gave me time to adjust physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I really needed to get more familiar with my new body and my new body image. The initial weight loss is so fast I didn't really have time to re-calibrate. Anyway, I'm headed back down albeit slowly now. I also see a therpist once a month to keep me on track. Right now is a slippery slope for me. I can easily start getting sloppy and gaining weight back.

I am so happy for the folks on here that are at goal or nearing it! Great job! AND also to the folks like me that are getting there slow but sure. All of us really. This is hard, really hard work.

@@bewell it is a slippery slope, you get comfortable and semi lazy and think look i'm doing so well I can have a little bit of this and that it won't affect me. Next thing you know, you are up 5 lbs and can get the mental thoughts well darn forget it and just start eating the old way again. That is what happened to me this week. I gained a pound or two and then got sick and when I saw a 5 lb weight gain and said forget it for a day or two and then today snapped out of it and said up what am i doing? So I got up went to the gym ate pretty well so far and realize this is going to take hard work and determination for the rest of my life. I go to an over eaters group every other week and I didn't think I was going to need it for this long but I definitely do and don't even remotely feel bad about it. You don't develop an eating issue overnight and it is going to take more than a couple of sessions to fix it. I'm an emotional and stress eater and my job causes a lot of that, along with kids, marriage, friends and family. I know people have a life but this forum and website keeps me on track and reminds me I'm not the only one struggling daily and if I need help there are so many people here to help me out! I'm crossing my fingers for you and your success. I still have a ways to go but I'm just glad that I'm not what I was anymore.

Finally past the 3 month slow weight loss/stall. I never gained any weight so I know I was eating OK. I continued to lose but very slow. And I was losing inches.

Now the scale is dropping faster, FINALLY!. So relieved. I was worried cuz my eating was still pretty good. I can eat more and want more but just can't eat it. Exercising more too.

I really feel I needed this time to recalibrate physically and emotionally.

Now I'm ready for the next phase and losing again, thank god and my tiny tummy.

Edited by bewell

I made goal weight awhile ago.. Problem is I cant stop losing.. anyone hear of this or dealing with this? I'm starting to really really not like the way I look.. especially my face.

I have heard of some people having that issue but it was diet issue. They were eating still to lose and not maintain. a caloric intake issue and still working out will cause some issues if you aren't eating enough of course. I wish you luck but I'm not much help since I'm still no where near goal. Good luck and keep us informed!

Losing too much is one of my greatest fears now that I'm closer to my personal goal. I want to see myself at 140 but nothing lower than that. I have a large frame so I don't want to be a walking skeleton.

@@Aprilhoffman78 - I would definitely have a conversation with your surgeon. Sometimes it's as simple, as a nutrition issue. In my case, I'm working hard to build my muscle back ( enough Protein + reasonable workouts.) I hit goal months back and continue to lose very slowly. 5more lbs is my "dream" but I'm also realizing its thin for me, unless I can get some tone again.

You maybe just need to eat more. Also, have you had a full blood panel recently? I just got diagnosed with thyroid issues ( AFTER losing 90lbs.) Sometimes we have health factors, we can't control and they effect outcome.

Edited by mduffield

Thank you guys for the helpful advice. My personal goal weight was 130, dr said 115 I'm at 109. I feel like I look like a crackhead..I'm sure people that don't know me or haven't seen me in awhile have their own whispers, so much outsider opinions I didn't anticipate..I haven't had a blood panel I will look into that. I eat all the time and have started bringing back unhealthy choices (Doritos,chocolate) which is so stupid knowing I'm doing that to gain weight and why I had the surgery in the first place. Such a roller coaster this is. I too have lost aloooot of muscle and can't carry lift anything. So working out has been as always last on my to do list.. I will keep you updated ????????

Try upping your healthy fat intake. I steer clear of anything low or non fat if I can help it. Maybe add in some fruits too? I don't know what your diet is like but those may help slow things down. I don't think many of us had considered that we'd be faced with the challenge of halting weight loss on purpose.

How did everyone do over thanksgiving!? The holidays are SO full of naughty treats! I enjoyed small amounts and drank lotsa Water. No gain when I stood on the scale this morning. Yay!

How did everyone do over thanksgiving!? The holidays are SO full of naughty treats! I enjoyed small amounts and drank lotsa Water. No gain when I stood on the scale this morning. Yay!

Had a bite or 2 of the essentials and more later in the night (family does it at 3p). Lost a lb. At 155 since yesterday.

Still gradually losing but I'm not working for it. I'm just trying to eat for nutrition. New Dr gave me new Protein guideline of 50g which leaves room for fruits and veggies in typical proportions.

I don't want to get below 140# ever (large frame & I like my curves). The lowest I've ever been is 145# but thought I was too skinny and gained another 5# back. I was 20 then (31 now) and I feel I had more baby fat on me so just going to wait and see.

I want to put on some muscle weight but am not finding the time or energy with school.

They greatest thing about WLS is the freedom I feel to focus on healthy foods and not get bent up over a few lbs on the scale. I used to get so depressed when I'd gain 1 our 2 because I knew more weren't far behind, unless I tortured myself.

Female fatness runs in my family. I tell everyone my new philosophy on being overweight: Overweight or underweight, all are malnourish. It's not what you eat as much as what you're not eating. Just keep moving until you feel ready to call it exercise.

I think I'll be ready to post be & aft here soon.

So this next year is going to be focused on repairing skin damage. Old stretch marks, loose skin, cellulite, and scars. Wanna help me form an action plan?

Loose skin is so ick. I read in a Shape magazine that performing light cardio for 30 min 2x/week helped skin repair faster and reversed some signs of aging. Perks up the elastic and collagen fibers. I've also been wondering if compression would help cellulite because it improves blood flow in the compressed areas.

Scars still hurt sometimes but are paling out. Silicone strips are planned and maybe some derma needling. Also thinking about scar massaging but gives me the creeps (cause you dig in and pull at the surface scar tissue).

Stretch marks get the derma rolling, but that's all I got for now. Any thoughts on retin-a cream? Still got a tube from Mexico. Gotta get rid of the chin flap that has surfaced.