Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

@@Eli Alexander You look AWESOME. @@Aprilhoffman78 I was low on Iron and B12 which i got a shot for and just all Vitamins in general. I take a bariatric Multivitamin that I got at Vitamin world chewable and grape flavored not the best but I just drink some Water with it and it seems to be OK. Guess we just don't absorb the vitamins we use to. Forever he said

i need to keep up on it.

@ Veronica Page thank you for the reply. Ughh.. Vitamins lol okay I will look in to it. the vitamins i got from my bariatric dr are huge like quarter size even the chewable ones.. I'm going to boost my Iron and B12 and see if that helps. I noticed my hair is getting shaggy again too. Fun fun!!

@@Aprilhoffman78 Well let me just give you this lil bit of an alternative. I there are soft chew Vitamins that you can take kinda like the viactiv and my chewable B12 they are called Celebrate. You might be interested in those. I have not gotten any but my cousin says they taste pretty decent and she loves them. Maybe this will open up some options for you. Good luck!

Yea it definitely disappears. Just walk around a ton and of course watch what you eat.

A vomiting update:

I was having problems with frequent vomiting. Much better now. 2 things.......I stop much sooner. (picture 1/2 boiled egg in the AM keeps me satisfied for hours. I Eat more often. And I think more healing has occurred.

All is well.

On my way to under 200lbs. I can see it from here. Yippie! I can do this.

Best to everyone!

Had my 6 month check up yesterday...I've lost a whopping 1.6 pounds since my 6 week check up. All my labs, including thyroid, Iron levels, etc are normal and in a good range. My surgeon is stumped. I work out HARD 4 days a week (think a lighter weight crossfit), diet is good, restriction is good. NUT called today to set up appts to visit with her about my diet. I'm not her biggest fan, no one is really. And at $30 a visit with her, I'm not inclined it just sit across a table from her and have her drone on and one about Protein (which I'm getting in), veggies (which I'm also eating), low carbs (which I'm doing), etc. But she did offer a MedGem test. Has anyone done this? It tests your metabolic rate. I think that will be interesting. The nurse also offered a script for Adipex...I'm not thrilled about taking diet pills, but something has to give, right??

@@txprincess before surgery I had an RMR test. It is a breathing test to assess metabolic rate. I figure that it is similar to that. I have been losing very slow my surgery date was 1/27/15 and I have lost about 22 lbs since then. Surgeon is not concerned because it has been continuous. And my RMR was low preop. According to that I only burn just under 1100 calories per day without exercise. I have CFS and other health problems that make it tough to exercise. I pretty much can only walk for short periods at a time. So the # didn't really surprise me. I actually don't eat any "true carbs". Most of my carbs come from dairy, the few veges I do get in and Quest bars. Hopefully they can figure out why you are not losing.

You started surgery with low BMI you will not lose as fast as someone like me who is heavier and a HARD workout is just not something that the body is use to. I say if you are losing even if it is slow its still good. With your diet and work out routine and lil stomach you are not going to gain which is something I would say is awesome. I'm sure it is frustrating though and do hope you work it out. I just have to remember that I need to have a caloric deficit of 500 then what my RMR is and I will lose. So I strive for that every single day and and it seems to be helping. Good luck to you

9lbs away from goal!!!!

post-245589-14351955536766_thumb.jpg

post-245589-1435195580961_thumb.jpg

5lbs to surgeons goal!! 2wks will be 6mo post op! Pushing to hit goal by then. We shall see ????

@@Aprilhoffman78 - you look amazing!!! Incredible job!

Edited by mduffield

I've been stalled at 225 for like three weeks, any ideas????

Measure yourself I have 3wk stalls..a lot measuring helps keep the drive :) or eat something completely weird it seems to throw my body off n go back to losing?