Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

@@Veronica Page - great point to bring up and I'm happy to share what I'm eating as far as starches and carbs.

I've had rice, ( sushi? YUM!) potatoes, bread ( once or twice.) and Pasta.< /p>

Here's the 411 - eat Protein first. I only ever get 2 maybe 3 bites ( of carb.) and I'm full. I always stop at that point! I've found that protein sits better in my tummy with a bite of carb.

I've lost consistently and I now do a liquid day once a week. My loss is slowed for sure, but I'm nearing the finish line. It's so important we find a healthy lifestyle that's actually reality and not some crazy diet that we will ultimately fail at. I also work out a lot most days ( my rest days I avoid carbs.) It's how I keep myself in check.

My health is great and I have energy for all my running ????

Good job throwing out the scale! Don't let it mess with your head!

@@mduffield Thanks for your input in that. I was not sure what to honestly do with my diet since most meat it making me sick and I have these days where I try to take the shakes in and within two hours I feel hunger again. So I tend to have some starches to I don't graze or binge on bad food choices later, I'm hoping to have a stall break soon though. Good luck to everyone on the thread it is hard but I think we are all doing really well!

GREAT job everyone :)

I'm one of those daily weighed but only record it once per week. I find it interesting how weight changes daily and have grown accustomed to its variances. Today I broke a 2 week stall. I've been losing around 2 pounds a week lately and down to 177 from highest weight of 232!

I am so glad to see everyone is doing great! It looks like I reached my 1/2 way mark today! Yippee! :)

I have fallen off the wagon and hit my head on a tub of carbs. Ooops! I also stopped swimming and doing any exercise. Again, oooops! I came here for inspiration, something to give me the push and/or encouragement I need. Getting into the gym feels so hard right now. Not sure what is going on with me.

I was also having trouble getting my Vitamins in- too big and too many. I looked around for a one a day chewable that tastes okay. I found one that I am not forgetting to take! I ordered a 30 day supply to test it out directly from the company (see link). So far so good!

http://www.procarenow.com/Bariatric-Complete-Chewable-MultiVitamin-Once-Per-Day--Formulated-for-Roux-en-Y-Vertical-Sleeve-Duodenal-Switch-30-Day-Supply_p_10002.html

I wish everyone continued success!

I am mostly feeling great, but I am finding that the weight loss is sloooowing down. I've even had a few upticks in the last 2 weeks--grrr! Guess it's time to remind myself to check in and make sure I'm hungry before I eat, and to really listen for those oh-so-subtle "full signals". I also have heard that things slow down as you get closer to goal...and I use trendweight to remind myself that it's a marathon, not a sprint!

I'm finding some funny things about my sleeve...it does not like ground beef/hamburger, for instance, but is a-ok with steak. Weird, right? And while I could eat a whole muffin or cupcake no problem, it will complain at the tiniest bit of whole-grain anything else (wraps, toast, etc.). I mostly don't eat processed carbs, but it strikes me as odd. Oh, and salad? No prob. But nice cooked veggies? Not a fan. Probably it will all even out in time!

I've had to get rid of a huge amount of clothing, and pull out clothes I had been saving for ages and ages. It was kind of weird--all these bins of crap that I was sure I'd need again. And I mean, now I'm the right size. But, um, that old navy t-shirt isn't really THAT special. And those Abercrombie jeans aren't even in style any more! I guess the bins were my security blankets...as long as they were around, I had some hope of getting back into those sizes. Now I'm trying to balance buying things that will fit for a couple of sizes and using things that still work for me.

Hope everyone else is doing great and feeling fab and READY for SUMMER!

Okay I finally figured out the ticker and how to get all this stuff up here great job! People! My newest complication is..... I have bumps on my body like rashes and tingly skin. I've read it's a Vitamin def. anyone have this?

Okay I finally figured out the ticker and how to get all this stuff up here great job! People! My newest complication is..... I have bumps on my body like rashes and tingly skin. I've read it's a Vitamin def. anyone have this?

I haven't had any rash but if your concerned about a deficiency, i'd highly recommend you have labs done and check vitamin levels. Always good to know where your at! I have way more peace of mind after doing mine last month. :)

@@Aprilhoffman78 two things. One you look so beautiful in your pic! and second I to got a rash and went to my pcp. My was cause I too was low in much needed Vitamins. So I got back on my vitamins and popped a claritin and called it a day. Since then I have not had any problems. Oh and I had some good news this week I fit into my goal jeans of size 16 yay and I started going back to the gym 5 times a week and making sure I at least burn those 500 calories. It has helped cause I went up two pounds and then have managed to kick those two pounds back off and 2 extra so I'm super happy. I still need to remind myself not to get caught up in the carb trap. Good luck everyone!

Edited by Veronica Page

I moved my Vitamins last week when I was cleaning and have forgotten to take them every day since! Thanks for the good reminders.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Hay!

Jan 5th sleeved!

Doing great, feeling SOOO MUCH BETTER!!!

Here is my before and after so far.

Left was 2 weeks after surgery

Right was mid April, so I've lost some more since than, but started lifting weights too so I've been bouncing around the same weight.

But I'm excited!!

New pics to be coming soon since the wedding I'm in is June 19th!

But the dress is hot pink not blue!post-220851-14333548744686_thumb.jpg

@veronicapage thank you so much! It's such a mental weird game isn't it? The Vitamins make me gag..ugh so I haven't taken them since month one besides occasionally the B12 dissolve able. I drink my orange juice every morning thinking that will do ???? guess not my surgeon is 2 hours away so the reg dr. Will do blood work? Trying to save the drive. You are doing and looking great as well???? if it's not to intrusive what vitamins were you low in?

Edited by Aprilhoffman78

Hi everyone, I love checking in and hearing about all the progress.

I have some good news, yesterday I got on the scale and including the 27lbs I lost pre-surgery, I have now lost 100lbs. Down from 310 at my heaviest (11/26/2014) to 283 at my surgery (1/20/2015) to 210lbs now. I am thrilled and so proud of myself. I'm tearing up just typing this. Anyway, keep up the great effort, we all go at a different pace but it seems like everyone here is making progress.

30lbs to go till my goal ????

My heaviest

post-245122-14333908164126_thumb.jpg

Yesterday

post-245122-14333908646481_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eli Alexander

Holy moly! @ Eli Alexander! You look great! Congrats!!!????????????

Edited by Aprilhoffman78

@@Eli Alexander wow, that's great!! I'm proud of us all!

Hi everyone, I love checking in and hearing about all the progress.

I have some good news, yesterday I got on the scale and including the 27lbs I lost pre-surgery, I have now lost 100lbs. Down from 310 at my heaviest (11/26/2014) to 283 at my surgery (1/20/2015) to 210lbs now. I am thrilled and so proud of myself. I'm tearing up just typing this. Anyway, keep up the great effort, we all go at a different pace but it seems like everyone here is making progress.

30lbs to go till my goal ????

My heaviest

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1433390815.453782.jpg

Yesterday

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1433390863.802544.jpg

Wow!! Eli! You look fantastic and I'm sure you must feel 1000000 times better!! Keep up all the hard work!!