Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

I'm not even worrying about how many calories I'm getting in cause I'm not even close to 600 calories. I'm not concerned about even getting in Snacks cause I'm not getting hungry just eating out of needing to but I'm so bored with everything. We are suppose to have bread or Pasta or rice for at least 3 months. My doctor said def no slider foods. So I def can't eat mashed potatoes. Cottage cheese is also a slider food when it comes to me. I spent a good portion of last night looking at recipes on line and got some but still its a lot of things with cheese and i'm worried about getting blocked up again. So frustrating. Plus I noticed that I can eat a whole can of tuna which is only 4 oz and be completely satisfies and eat 2-3 oz of chicken and be STUFFED. So weird but it is whatever. I'm glad to see we are doing the best we can. It is a learning curve! Oh yea I went to the doctor this morning.....31 lbs. since surgery and I'm almost at 6 weeks. AWESOME!

Edited by Veronica Page

I'm getting up to around 650-700 because I keep my Protein so high.

Sliders. That is confusing to me because how do you eat the puréed and soft food stage if you can't have things like mashed potatoes, steamed mashed vegetables, blended Beans, cottage cheese, those types of things. Wouldn't that all be considered sliders or do I have it wrong? Doctors, nuts and diets are so different!

I was told to add tuna and other soft blended solids 4-6 weeks. Is that being overly conservative compared to others?

Oh, and I meant to say

CONGRATS 31 is awesome! ????

I also am still thinking if diet at 23 days post op, I wasn't thinking of you being 6 weeks. It'll make more sense then.

I've been MIA, but finally five weeks out and the stall has broke this week! YAY! I was getting so depressed and tired of seeing no movement and then all of a sudden 5 more lbs fall off. This proceudre is truly teaching me patience, self control, and endurance! I hope all of you have been well and are hanging in there! Much success to everyone!

Veronica I think your Doc is wise to encourage eating the way will do for the rest of our life.

They do all seem to recommend a different plan. They told me no potatoes, rice or bread ever cuz it stretches the stomach. I'm OK with no rice and potatoes and with my lap band I couldn't eat bread so I'm OK with that. Although I do love shush. Guess I'll be doing sashimi.

Someone on here tried soda with no problems. Just want to add that just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should. Carbonated beverage can STRETCH our new tiny stomach and put pressure on our incision. You may not feel it but it might not be good for you. Sorry for the lecture.

Bottom-line, just like our recovery, pounds lost and what and when we can eat is individual. That is so interesting to me as of course I am tempted to compare myself TO EVERYONE!! HEHE

I'm signed up for no bread, no rice, Pasta or soda for life with my doc too.

Was coached that you were never to go back to what people now consider "normal" eating. Never how we used to eat, that a large variety of foods would need to be eliminated for success and optimal health.

That actually helps me and it makes me strong. I know if I allow those foods to creep back in, then I'll slowly increase and I can stretch my stomach with the old habits/cravings.

Seeing everyone's thoughts, struggles, encouraging words etc gives lots to think about.

I'm only 23 days post op so I'm not in to much variety yet.

I'm still struggling with eating though but in a different way. I worry I'm eating too many Beans, cottage cheese has sodium, mash potatoes is carbs. That kind of thing. I'm really obsessing too much on trying to be perfect! I stressed and worried over eating 5 ounces of cottage cheese/protein powder/and cilantro chutney last night.

It's like I waited so long and want this so bad I'm afraid I'll fail at losing weight like I have so many times in the past.

Fortunately besides seeing I'm really needing to relax a lot, I'm eating well, staying hydrated, working out and feeling as well as can be expected at this point.

Anyone else feeling this way?

This is exactly how feel. I wish I can just relax and not worry so much about me failing.

I went to a local WLS support group yesterday. There was a woman who was about 8 yrs post-op sleeve and still looked fabulous. She is a staff member from the WLS clinic I went to.

One of the main topics for the group was fear of failure. We all felt it. Her encouragement was to focus on healing for the first 6 weeks and not worry about failing. Follow your doc's plan and you won't fail. It's normal to feel the fear. ...We've failed so many times before. It's a life time change we've made and it will take a while and some time to figure out how to live our new life style. We didn't get obese overnight, and we won't change our behaviors overnight.

The best advice I heard is that The WLS and new sleeve hit's the pause button for us while we loose weight and figure out how to live our new life. She said that soon enough the pause button starts to move to forward, so make your behavior changes now and get your NEW way of living life (and eating) a solid practice. And stop worrying. We have choices, it's up to us to make good ones to be successful.

I thought it was wise council.

Ashy and bewell

This is why this support can be so great. I feel better right now just hearing someone else say that's how I feel too and others as well. This is s big deal! We've done a major thing physically and mentally that we hope we let change the rest of our life! I know I need to relax, but s little fear, will keep us mindful. You don't get big enough to have this surgery without having problems with food so of course we scared. I'm so glad I said it out loud earlier because you guys validated my feelings one, but two, pointed out that it needs to be controlled, not obsessed over.

I appreciate the time you spend sharing

My Doctor basically said this is a body reboot. You are going to get the chance to not only lose weight but to also learn how to have Portion Control and learn what you can eat and what you can't. she does not want me to think that I will never be able to have that slice of cake but to think instead of that huge piece a little slice is o.k. and I will be satisfied. That I will never be able to eat the amount of food I use to be able to get but I will be able to eat it in moderation. I suppose it is an unrealistic expectation for me and for most to think you are NEVER going to have that small slice of pizza again or enjoy that piece of toast. I'm completely willing to give it up for 3-6 months but I want to be able to eat those things again and want to know what my limits are so I don't over indulge. I don't drink soda so that is not a sacrifice to me anymore and I'm willing to forever forgo the sugar. I don't want to live my life missing out on things so I'm committed to the change.

Agree with everything you said and one of the things I didn't mention I couldn't eat was potatoes, cake ...

Rice, bread and a few other things was more because of in many people it causes problems long term. And because of some of those foods that swell and can lead to more stretching. So my doctor as well teaches moderation (although there are definitely some things she said to never touch again, soda) and says that one day I'll feel like I can eat just about anything I want in small portion, but just to be aware of the ones that are more prone to trigger changes that may lead to weight gain.

I think we're saying the same thing and should be proud we're being diligent enough to listen and learn from the experts as well as our own bodies

One month post op and it's lent and in buffalo that means a Friday fish fry tradition. I didn't want my limitations with diet to take this away from something my hubby and I enjoyed so we went!

Opted for week one for a polish restaurant where I knew they would have my husbands standard fish fry but other choices for me. I ended up with scallops and sweet/sour cabbage and chowder. Yummy. Passed on the bread and gave my husband the potato pancake and brought home a good sized doggy bag! Hoping for the same success next Friday!

My stall broke, finally. I ate more and was on the sofa with a bad cold the last few days. Lol. I also bumped up my Vitamin D, which does effect me losing weight. My doctor, former trainer and I figured this out 6 years ago.

One thing I want to point out and remind myself. Everyone loses weight differently. Some faster, some slower. Age, sex, diet, exercise, metabolism, starting weight, sleep, medications, health conditions, etc. all have an effect on weight loss. We all do share the same goal though: lose weight. We are not in competition here, only for support and knowledge.

Btw...thank you for the sliming post! Made me feel like I was not alone.

Someone asked about recipe ideas. I've been to Pinterest to get some. I recently made meatloaf and mini quiches in muffin tins and froze them.

Wishing everyone a great week! XOXO

I have been going to Pinterest for ideas but A LOT of it is based on dairy products and don't want to get blocked up again. I still have made some no crust pizzas and had some really good omelettes. I have meats and what not I guess I'm just getting a lil bored cause I'm missing the pastas and breads and some starches. I did just buy a Pasta that is made from veggies so I'm going to give that a go tonight.

I also bought items from this awesome online store with flat shipping! It's called Netrition.

Check out the low carb section.