Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

Dumping comes from the other end! And for those of you experiencing the horrible Constipation I def recommend getting your Fiber in every day. I was not going to share but two weeks ago I had to go to the ER because I could not pass my BM and had to do a manual kinda thing. I felt like dying due to embarrassment but I'm not going to lie it was like having an elephant off my chest. I learned my lesson and decided on a probiotic and or activia yogurt! Ok that was my lil TMI

Very good advice that all should heed! Glad you're ok and sorry for the experience.

I have a difficult time here too, and now take something every morning and evening and it has pushed me to workout more because only since I've started moving more has it gotten better.

Good advice about the fiber. I thought it might be because I haven't been able to get all my Water in.

So it's been about 4 weeks since my sleeve. I've lost 27lbs pre surgery and 27lbs post surgery for a grand total of 54lbs lost. I've really been a best case scenario. I'm feeling great, not having any difficulty with any drinking or eating and have been enjoying my new active lifestyle. Early on I was losing really fast, now I'm down to 3 lbs in the past week, so things are looking like they are getting harder, but I'm perfectly happy with 3 lbs ad long as it's lost. I usually do exercise twice a day, once is a long walk and the other is gym, cycling of another long walk. I'm eating all foods, even dry ones, but I'm making certain that anything I eat is low fat, low sugar and low calorie. All in all, I'm eating about 650-750cal a day.

I love myfitnesspal, it's been such a helpful tool. I've become friends on myfitnesspal with a couple other sleevers through this forum and it's nice to keep tabs on each other. Keeps us working towards our goals.

My waist over the past 3 months (pre and post op) has gone down from a men's 50 inch pants to a 42 inch pants. My shirts were looking like blankets so I went out and bought a few new ones. I don't want to buy too much since I'll only be fitting it for a short time. But it feels so great, my shirts have gone from 4x to 2x.

Great hearing all of your updates. Good luck and I really hope that any of you that are having difficulties find that a bit more time fixes those issues.

Old me (November 2014)

post-245122-14242784834248_thumb.jpg

Me at 4 weeks post sleeve (February 18 2015)

post-245122-14242785332706_thumb.jpg

@@Eli Alexander AWESOME weight loss. I can see the difference it is sooo clear. I'm glad you are so motivated with you workouts. I'm having a hard time and only get in that long crazy walk but I would love to get more in. I hope it keeps going for you. I'm loving a 2-4lb weekly weight loss. I would of never seen that without this surgery. Kudos!

Thanks Veronica.

I was reading your earlier posts about hating to go to the gym with super fit folk, and could totally relate. I dreaded it at first, and still it's not my favorite, but look at what you just did for self improvement. You just let a surgeon cut you open and subject you to loads of pain and trauma. That's 100 times worse than prying eyes of some random ripped gym rats. You owe it to yourself to just be proud of your accomplishments and not be weighted down by the expectations of others. And the truth of the matter is that most of those workoutaholics wouldn't even look down on you, if they ever stop looking at themselves in the mirror, they would be inspired that people of our weight caliber would be working diligently on becoming fit. Don't let the opinions of others shackle you to past shames. You are on your way to a more beautiful you, you might as well reward yourself by getting out of the cold.

Has anyone taken Advil this far out from surgery? It's what I have on hand, but I know right after surgery we couldn't take any Ibuprofen. I wondered if just taking 2 until I can get Tylenol would reek havoc on me. Thanks for any help!!

Hello January Sleevers! Can you believe that all of us have been "together" in this journey for 3-7 weeks. Still just newbies really. This blog is such a support for me.

In general I'm very happy with how I am doing at 5 weeks. (I was a band to sleeve revision) No regrets but I am learning every day that life will be very different now, especially how, what, and when I eat.

I am still struggling with what I can eat and how much. I still vomit if I eat too fast or too much. (And too much is over 1/2 cup of food. And too fast is about 1000 times slower than I ate pre-sleeve.) It's hard to get in 800 calories a day. Water still tastes weird and the only liquid I can get in is watered-down no sugar Fruit drinks. When I see all of you taking long walks, hikes etc I do get a little envious. I can walk about 1/2 mile before I get kind of tired. I am older (63) and have an arthritic hip from carrying this excess weight so long. Weight loss will make it easier but as my Doc said, WLS isn't going to heal that worn down hip. I can certainly do more than before the surgery and weigh loss but I am not running any marathons just yet. (I am so happy when I see some of you in your younger years losing this weight before you ruin a hip)

Today I have to share that I am missing the feeling of over-eating and the haze/daze it gave me. The brief emotional feeling of fullness and satisfaction of some binge food.

Of course I am overjoyed that now I can be outside more, be more active, feel better, look better, etc. I am still learning to accept this activities as my new satisfied full feeling.

However, I've used food as an emotional support for so long, I am feeling some loss that I can no longer eat to get that feeling from eating. It's great that now I eat to stay alive. But still, if I'm honest, at least today, I miss that old eating experience. (I know it was always followed by the self-hate, but there was a few moments of feeling pretty darn good.)

Hummmm, is the honeymoon over for me? I had a lap-band so I am well aware of the initial high of losing weight and feeling so great. I know it feels like it will last forever. I'm a little leary of that high because at some point we will all be past the easy weigh loss (and even now some are struggling) and we'll have to work a little harder and be more aware of the downs and find the inner emotional means and external support to get thru them.

I know this loss I'm feeling today will pass, and I'm not looking for advice just sharing where I am. Maybe someone else might the same. Rather than having this feeling of loss and emotional changes trip me up now or later in my weight loss, I think I may look for a councilor that knows about this stuff.

All the best to you all. baj

@@Eli Alexander I know you are right. I'm going to start going first at the over night then I will make it twice a week during the day. I'll still do my walking cause I feel since I'm using nature force it is a better work out. Hey and I know i'm already beautiful I just want clothes to go with it! lol

I'm on week 6. As much as I was excited to try new food. I'm hating it. You just never know what's going to work for you. I tried mild curry chicken last night. Then had pulled pork today. Neither agreed with me. I just slimmed and dumping. I never thought I'd say it. But now I miss the liquid diet. =(

I'm on week 6. As much as I was excited to try new food. I'm hating it. You just never know what's going to work for you. I tried mild curry chicken last night. Then had pulled pork today. Neither agreed with me. I just slimmed and dumping. I never thought I'd say it. But now I miss the liquid diet. =(

I know everyone is different, but I'm doing pretty well with all the new foods but I have been following two rules which have been very helpful.

1) I measure out only two (sometimes 3) ounces if it's a dryer new food like pork chop or roast chicken. Then, I try and make that two ounces last a full half hour of eating by dividing up the portion into two, and I don't touch the second portion till the 15 minute mark. And I chew like a wildebeest.

2) no new foods that are rich in fats or sugars. Everything is lean and low calorie. You can get a 3oz portion of pork chop that has only 100 calories, or as many as 250 calories if you choose a fatty piece. The rich stuff is hard to process for me.

If I'm still hungry after my meat portion is gone, I only eat soft foods after it. As time goes on, it will be easier.

Good luck.

I don't know about you guys but I'm getting super bored with my diet. Anyone have any low carb but not really high in fat ideas. Ive been eating a lot of poultry and fish and soft ground beef and maybe roast beef here and there but I feel like since we are suppose to eat breads or pastas or certain veggies yet that I'm running out of cooking ideas. I was thinking about going and getting a gastric recipe book but I was looking to see what everyone else was eating first.

I'm only 23 days post op so I'm not in to much variety yet.

I'm still struggling with eating though but in a different way. I worry I'm eating too many Beans, cottage cheese has sodium, mash potatoes is carbs. That kind of thing. I'm really obsessing too much on trying to be perfect! I stressed and worried over eating 5 ounces of cottage cheese/protein powder/and cilantro chutney last night.

It's like I waited so long and want this so bad I'm afraid I'll fail at losing weight like I have so many times in the past.

Fortunately besides seeing I'm really needing to relax a lot, I'm eating well, staying hydrated, working out and feeling as well as can be expected at this point.

Anyone else feeling this way?

At 5 weeks out, what I can eat right is very limited. And it changes day by day. I've been able to eat yogurt but last night i had a little (two very small bites) after a meal and vomited it right back up. Just didn't settle right.

I still do Protein Drinks mostly and eat one small (1/4 cup) and maybe two meals a day. I have to eat something soft with meat or I can't get it down. And I still have to work to get in 800 calories. My stomach is very sensitive and the food will come right back up. The AM is the worst, it takes a while for my stomach to wake up.

Thank heavens for Fuzzy Navel Protein Drink. It's the only way to get my Protein in. And it tastes great.

I'm wondering if it will be this way forever.

It does make meals easy because my selection is so limited.