Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

I haven't included my preop when thinking about it and talking to people. But now I wonder why I shouldn't! It's weight I lost and not going to gain again!

Hi fellow Jan Sleevers. I am now 17 days out and have done really well until last night. I awoke at 1:45am to an outrageously fast heartrate , 200 bpm. I had nausea, loose bowels, flushed face and cottonmouth.

I went to ER and the only thing they could find wS slight dehydration and low phosphorous. They sent me home with klonopin and a beta blocker to keep my heartrate down. Has anyone dealt with anything like this? Maybe a complication with fast weight loss? I've loss 17 pounds in 17 days. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated. I will be calling my surgeons office tomorrow to get his opinion on the beta blockers.

I'm still on the liquids mostly but I have added in one solid meal. So I do three homemade Protein Shakes and one 4oz dinner. Either fish or I have been making those no crust pizzas. They are ok but I'm using some turkey pepperoni cause one less fat and calories but second they are softer. So have a sweetness to them. I was 273, 13 days ago went up to 275 for 10 days or so then today I was 270. So it has moved. I'm grateful cause it was really causing some stress within me. How has yours been going? Did you get out of the stall? Also to add I know this is pushing it but I'd love to lose 3 more pounds before March so I can have an even 40lb loss. Fingers crossed!!!!!

Edited by Veronica Page

I'm still in a scale stall at almost one month but I have lost some inches AND my blood pressure has gone down so much I was taken off those meds. Oh and also my blood sugar seems to have normalized around 90. Down from the 150s. Some little NSVs for me. @@Veronica Page I'm really happy for your loss. You're exactly one week ahead of me.

Inches are great and I would be happy with inches lost....muscle gained probably. I noticed I was eating things with some high salt intake. I think that is why I need to make sure if anything I got my Fluid intake. I still need to lose those 3lbs by March to keep my motivation going, I want to get a workout in but I do not want to go to the gym. Still don't feel confident enough to stand in front of those people. Especially at my gym it seems like every super fit person works out there.

Inches are great and I would be happy with inches lost....muscle gained probably. I noticed I was eating things with some high salt intake. I think that is why I need to make sure if anything I got my Fluid intake. I still need to lose those 3lbs by March to keep my motivation going, I want to get a workout in but I do not want to go to the gym. Still don't feel confident enough to stand in front of those people. Especially at my gym it seems like every super fit person works out there.

I am still at a scale stall, but today my husband wanted IHOP I had an egg! The best thing happened we were sat at a booth with a table that does not move, it was super busy I couldn't ask for another table. All I can think was how uncomfortable I was going to be, when I sat down my stomach had room. My stomach was not touching the table! I was so excited!!! So I guess I am losing inches. I started going to the gym a week ago, I go to a gym were it is nothing but super fit people. But let me tell you they don't even pay attention, I put my earbuds in and just start walking or on the bike. My nut says if I didn't start doing more then walking the scale was not going to move. That motivated me to start going to the gym. I told myself I didn't care what people said or the way they looked at me at the gym, either way people will talk or stare at me. At least I am in there doing something to change. You do you @@Veronica Page ????

Lol AWESOME NSV! I love when I went out to eat and sat at the booth and it was roomy! BEST feeling EVER! I walk about 5 miles a day it is just brrrr cold today and I hate working out in the cold plus I know this is petty but I hate getting wind burn and I do get it here. I was thinking about trying to find a workout buddy cause it would be more motivating and I would not feel singled out. I also was thinking that since I don't sleep til 4am I would go to the gym late at night on my husbands days off. That is 3 days a week and I feel that is good enough.

@@Veronica Page I've totally stalled. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I was losing a lb a day before. Now I'm stuck. What did you do to stop the madness? I'm going a little cuckoo over this. :)

Also, how much Protein, exercise and calories are you getting in? I'm trying to figure things out here. Thx!!!!!

Had my 6 week follow up today. I just love my surgeon! He is so calming and encouraging...voiced my concerns that I haven't lost 50 pounds yet (was kind of kidding). He said I was exactly where I needed to be and that once I started adding in some exercising, I would be even more successful.

I asked him if there was a calorie count I needed to stay at/under. He said no, as long as I was getting 65-80 grams of Protein, there wouldn't be any room for carbs/high calorie food. That made me feel better too.

He strongly encourages resistance/weight training instead of a strictly cardio and aerobic routine. This make me happy. Running is the pits! lol! I would much rather pump some iron! :)

@@Eurogirl10 Well I think we all need to realize that the first couple of days up to a week is pure Water weight. We are so use to pure sodium and carbs and food that is constantly holding up water and now that we are losing actual fat our bodies are adjusting and need to up some of our work outs and intake or other foods and fluids. I'm able to drink about 60 oz of Fluid every day. I drink every 5-6 mins and make sure its constant UNLESS I'm about to eat and then I stop 30 mins before and 30 mins afterwards. I def tend to throw up if I don't. I'm on solid food but I'm only eating one solid meal a day because I feel like I can hold a lot of food in my stomach. So I drink two Protein Shakes a day now I was on 3 but two is enough and that gets me about 50-70 g of Protein a day (just shake wise) in. I use soy milk which has protein in it and make my own shakes. I don't get that chalky taste going with bananas and protein scoops. Its about 150 cal per shake. Then I decided to add some shredded baked chicken and fish and some soft cheeses and red meat but only roast beef cause its soft. I eat about 600-700 cals a day. Since I walk 5 miles a day...I'm burning more then I intake so that's what pushed my stall. During my stall I was only working out once a week and realized that I needed to vamp it up! Good luck and don't worry it will come! Promise. Look into myfitnesspal and get yourself a fit-bit or something. I have both and it helps me achieve my daily goals.

Hello everyone! Heartburn/reflux after eating....what do you all use?

I find popscicles help me. sugar free of course. :)

If you had a hietal hernia fixed during surgery I recommend taking Nexium but if since it take 7 days to really kick in you can take tums until then. It is what most doctors seem to be recommending.

If you had a hietal hernia fixed during surgery I recommend taking Nexium but if since it take 7 days to really kick in you can take tums until then. It is what most doctors seem to be recommending.

Thank you! I did have that repaired during surgery so I appreciate the tip!