Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

5 1/2 weeks out, down 20lbs. 6 week postop appointment today. Transitioning to normal diet. next appointment until May...has me worried, I thought I'd be monitored more.

I was sleeed 1/13. Down 23 lbs (includes dropping 10 pre-op) i lost 10 lbs in the first 5 days after surgery and. Then nothing till this past weekned i lost 3lbs. Holding steady since Monday. Not sure why it is happening so slow :( i have no issues getting in my liquid or Protein. My menu today is

Pure protein plus shake, light and fit greek yougurt, six small shrimo chopped, .25 avacado mased, salmon flaked well with fresh salsa pureed, and another pure protein. Totals for the day calories 570, carbs 31, fat 19, protein 77, sodium 656, sugar 11. Can anyone let me know what they think aout what i am eating?

My weight loss stopped kind of abruptly this week. Not sure why. Finding getting the Protein in hard, but with no sugar and the calories I should be dropping. Seems like a lot of us are in the same boat. Perhaps it is the body adjusting? Shock? I'm going to bump up the exercise to try to shake things up a bit and get more protein in. I'll let you know if it works!

Can you believe it I FINALLY lost a pound. Oh thank you sweet good day. It is only a pound but by joe I will take it!

@@Eurogirl10 Dreaded three week stall...FINALLY broke mine today. It is sooo brutal but just keep doing your thing. I was moaning and groaning all week long driving people insane. I hope you break yours soon. I had to go back to liquids only for a couple of days to break mine and really get my Water intake going.

The human body is so interesting.

The way our bodies respond to a pretty serious surgery and a tiny stomach and how fast everyone recovers from surgery is so individual. So is the weight loss.

I try to remember this is an individual journey before my crazy human mind jumps in and tells me I'm not doing it right, I'm bad, I'm never gonna get it, and then I get on the downward spiral of depression. It's going to take some time and my journey is most likely going to be different than anyone else's.

Seems I can get as crazy eating 4000 calories a day as I can 400 calories. LOL I NEVER in my life thought I'd only eat 400-500 calories a day and not be hungry AND NOT LOSE WEIGHT.

I do think I am getting some muscle back. I was pretty much a sleeping or sitting for the 1st 3 weeks after surgery. Muscle weighs more than fat so I just figure I'm getting muscle. Clothes are getting looser. Even got a ring on my pinkie that I haven't been able to wear for 20 years.

Best wishes to you all and I know we can all do this. It's just gonna take some time and patience.

Uploaded my one month post op pic. I still look yucky but hey I'll get to my goal when I'm suppose to. I wish you lovely ppl would load some up too...don't be shy!

Uploaded my one month post op pic. I still look yucky but hey I'll get to my goal when I'm suppose to. I wish you lovely ppl would load some up too...don't be shy!

where oh where do I see those fabulous pics?

So I finally did it! Yesterday I went to the gym and lifted weights. I even did crunches and survived! Cardio is all well and good but muscle burns calories. I get my 10,000 steps/day just walking around campus, but I need my strength back.

Sleeved 1/7 down 45lbs ,those of you know ive been super nausea n sick the last few weeks, well I got my gallbladder removed yesterday n holy crapola this hurts but I have not been nauseated once :))

Edited by Aprilhoffman78

Updated face pic

post-245589-14238325704829_thumb.jpg

@@Aprilhoffman78 - your looking FAB!! Congrats on your loss and hope your feeling better SOON. It's not fun to feel yuck all the time.

@@Aprilhoffman78 Wow I can completely see the difference in your face. Thats AWESOME! @@Zzzombrie I have my pic in my profile. Every month on the 12th I will post a pic I like seeing the difference in pics. I hate how I look but it was better then almost 40lbs ago!

When you guys are talking about weight loss, are you talking since the surgery date or are you including pre-op too? I was just curious. Pre-op definitely counts. That was super hard

Well I include my pre op. Its hard to be on a liquid diet for two weeks so def including in mine. Although I only lost 13lbs before surgery and have lost 20 something pounds since surgery!