Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

my doctor said straws were ok but then again every doctor is different. I don't really use straws but if you are sipping the liquid into your mouth and it is in your mouth before you swallow I don't know how it would expand your sleeve. I'm not a bariatric surgeon though so who knows

I think they tell most sleeved pts not to drink out of straws....but I know a few people who have had the surgery and they drink out of straws they even drink carbonated drinks on occasion...

SO I have not had any problems but today my stomach is feeling sore on my sleeved side. Its a dull ache but it is rather bothersome. Anyone else experiencing this?

SO I have not had any problems but today my stomach is feeling sore on my sleeved side. Its a dull ache but it is rather bothersome. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, I get this often and it downright HURTS! Still healing is what my dr said. Those muscles took a beating. A heating pad is my best friend. Really relaxes the muscles.

I was sleeved on Monday. I'm on full liquids for 4 weeks. When I was making my shakes with milk I was having terrible pains the second I swallowed the smallest sip. Did not have that problem with plain Water. Switched to almond milk and the pain and spasms have subsided. I think I may have issues with lactose. Been getting in about 55 oz of Fluid counting my fluids from the shakes. About 60 g of Protein.< /p>

I was sleeved 1/13, and I haven't lost any weight but gained! I was 193 day of surgery and 195 today! UGH!!!! I am following the diet to a tee. Not getting all the Protein though but averaging at least 50gms! Totally hitting the Water goal as I drink all day long!!!!

I'm the same as you! Haven't lost yet, but I know my body wants to keep hold of its fat!! I'm just being patient it has to happen right? I'm not getting enough protein but getting my 8 cups of water/soup a day ! Walking 20 mins a day

Went to the Doctor today and I'm down 20.5 lbs. I'm so excited. My surgery date was 1/7/15. I get to start pureed foods today. Still not getting in all my Protein but am getting in my liquids.< /p>

I had my postop appointment today, I had my stables removed everything went good. I am under 300 pounds ???????? my surgery was 1/15/2015

HW: 324

SW: 310

Weight when I left hospital: 313

CW: 295

@@mduffield Thanks for the info I just feel like I did alot of side crunches!

@ Veronica Page - I feel your pain!!

Yeah I heard the nutritionist at OCC. Unfortunately, I study health science and there's no evidence that carbonation or using a straw will stretch anything. I don't swallow air. I blow it out of my nose before swallowing. I know they meant well, but it works just fine for me. And I'll be one of those horrible patients that tries carbonation again after 6 months

My surgery was 1/20. I had a ton of issues with nausea immediately post-op and they hit me with Zofran and Ativan. I was pretty much snowed all of Tuesday. I was doing well in the hospital and walking frequently. The nausea had completely subsided. I was sore and pushing fluids. I was exhausted when I got home yesterday because they wake you up so often for vitals and other stuff. So, I crawled into my own bed and slept for 4 hours. Unfortunately, when I awoke I was super nauseated. This was the first bout of nausea since surgery. I tried to drink Water and ended up retching instead. I have been in a lot of pain since. I'm taking Oxycodone and Tylenol for pain, but I'm struggling with exhaustion today. I can't believe how tired I am. I know I'm not getting all my fluids in, but I'm trying. I really want to get active, because I feel like a bum right now! My husband keeps telling me to relax and remember that I just had major surgery! I know he's right, but I don't want to be this tired!!! Here's hoping things improve soon. I'm feeling seriously wiped out.

HW: 228

Pre-op: 222

SW: 207.4

Just need to vent...

Surgery was 1/6. Lost 10 pounds th first week. Since then...NOTHING. I know I wasn't going to lose 50 pounds in the first few weeks, but sheesh! Something to show that what all I just went through was worth it. I just hope one day I wake up and POOF! 10 pounds will have fallen off over night. RIGHT? UGH! I can't be the exception to this surgery...that it just doesn't work for me. It has to work! AGH!!!

Whew...panic attack, over....for now.

Can anyone help me? I had the sleeve 3 weeks ago Jan. 6 2015, At 1 week befor surgery starting on liquids my weight was 242 lbs. Now 3 weeks after surgery I weight 223. But this week I have not loss the expected 2 lbs a week. I am still on soft foods.

It seems to early in my weight loss to stand still at 223 for a week. Has any one done this, this early ?

From what I've been reading yall are going through the dreaded 2-3 week stall...but if u continue to stick to the plan the inches will continue to fall off...I'm only 8 days post otp so I know my time is coming ...stay motivated and focus on the finish line...best of luck