Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need some grounding help at the moment. I stopped at on the border on my way home from work. I got the chicken empanadas appetizer and got home and ate 2 (took me an hour but had 2) and now I feel incredibly guilty. I had been craving Mexican food so bad. I don't want to screw this up or stretch my pouch. One time eating too much won't permanently stretch it will it? Ugh this is hard stuff.

@@ShannonbKSU No not one time. Try to keep it in check though. Everyone slips up every once in awhile. Your ok.

Hun I don't know 100% the answer to that but I doubt it. It's not a good idea to put it. But what's most important is that u get back on the right track

I know... It was a terrible plan. And my stomach hurts now. My head and stomach really need to get on the same page

@@ShannonbKSU,

Mexican food is my weakness. Just a suggestion... try making you're favorite bariatric portioned meals in advance. I always make extra chicken fajitas so I have left overs to freeze for later meals on the run. I also have found at qudoba Mexican grill I order a Childs meal bowl. I fill it with spicy chicken, peppers black Beans onion avocado Tomato and salsa. I don't get a tortilla or rice. Perfect potion and great price.

My one an only thought on this.

YOUR SURGEON DID SURGERY ON YOUR STOMACH, NOT YOUR BRAIN.

It is up to you to keep yourself in check. I know it is hard, but if you are able to go back to the dietitian for some advise..........I would start NOW..

Annamarie

No one time won't help but it would be better to plan a nutritious meal you can make that will give you that Mexican flavor without sabotaging yourself. Try layering re-fried Beans with a bit of shredded cheese. To that add a tsp of 0% greek yogurt, it will taste similar to sour cream with less calories/fat and more Protein. Add a ½tbsp of salsa if you are at the soft food stage, leave out if you are not. Add some shredded or even pureed chicken. Top with a bit of diced avocado or smash the avocado into guac if you are still on purees. Viola! Mexican flavors, full of Protein.< /p>

People can and do regain after WLS surgery. The physical work has been done, you now have to do the mental work. It's not about depriving yourself it's about finding healthier alternatives. Do not tell yourself "No", ask yourself "what can I do instead?"

Edited by BLERDgirl

Blerdgirl's suggestion looks do-able. I like Mexican food but did not know what an empanada was, so I had to go to images to see. Looks like it has a fried dough around it maybe even corn, depending on ingredients.

At 3 1/2 weeks your new tummy is not healed enough to process that stuff, and you really don't have the calorie real estate to be getting your limited calories from stuff like that.

The reason your tummy hurts now is because it is the boss of you, and you have to pay attention to what it's telling you. If I eat something Miss Tummy does not like, she either gives it back or makes me miserable for at least four hours.

Indiscretions are hard lessons to learn, but easy to remember the unpleasantness it brings. This is not the last time that your taste buds will try to overule your brain. Go for the substitute like Blerdgirl mentioned, and stay strong.

You may not have done damage this time, but if you talk to anyone who has had a leak or complications and they will tell you to respect your new tummy and give it time to heal. Recovery is hard because we have soooooo many adjustments to make. Therapy is not a bad word.

The surgeon removed the part of your tummy that is the stretchiest. The issue is less about that, and more about where your calories come from. You need to be focused on Protein, and Water. You will be able to eat food soon enough. Try not to fall into bad habits now. I imagine it is really tough, but you can do it!!

Nope. You are fine. Don't stress. This is a long term solution and you will find what works for you.

If you're craving Mexican, try ordering caldo de pollo, minus the rice. The broth is fabulous and tastes like liquid Mexican food.