Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wednesday, Jan. 9 Accountability

I placed mom in a nursing home yesterday. This CRISIS lasted through the holidays. I am stress eating. I am not weighing in January but I WILL get back on track

Sending cyber hugs to you.

This is great ! I need to get my band mojo back. Was unfilled and had to start over .....this time around is much slower for me. I want 2015 to be a successful year ????. I need to get back to my gym routine, and practice better eating habits .

I placed mom in a nursing home yesterday. This CRISIS lasted through the holidays. I am stress eating. I am not weighing in January but I WILL get back on track

Been there, done that. We moved my mother into assisted living a few months ago. Thankfully, she is happy and enjoying her lack of responsibility.

What can you do TODAY for the stress eating? Not tomorrow, just today...Give us one thing you'll do today.

This is great ! I need to get my band mojo back. Was unfilled and had to start over .....this time around is much slower for me. I want 2015 to be a successful year . I need to get back to my gym routine, and practice better eating habits .

Glad you joined us!!

Glad you got the mall walking in. My life yesterday was "the best laid plans of mice and men" gone awry. Woke up to having to bring my 90 year old mother to ER (all is now good), to witnessing my 84 yr old mother-in-law trip and fall on a curb and running back to the same hospital ER for 20 stitches to her forehead, 30 minutes after my mom was released. So, I did not: 1. Exercise, 2. Have one planned meal or even a back up plan. Called my husband to bring a Protein bar, only to find out that the college son left with them all that morning. Today is another day..... I just went to the gym and did my hour of cardio and I just made a POT of three bean beef taco Soup. Lots of Protein in that pot, and lots of meals!!!!!! I have not gotten on the scale for three days now. Hopefully, I will continue to get back to weighing just once a month (which works best for ME). I will also have a Protein shake today. Did make one poor decision today...... Went to the grocery store after Church, and I was HUNGRY. I try to not do this, but couldn't avoid the timing today. Didn't buy any crappy food items, but fought head demons the entire shopping trip. Yes, it was a victory, but I try to not put myself in the position of having to win that war when shopping.

MarieM. And. JWMe.

Thanks for your posts. We have burdens. But not so much insulation, huh?

JWM. It is a real growth opportunity to travel. Maybe study foreign language? But moms are programmed to worry. I Just surrounded mine with love and light. I tried this when he went to Brazil ....really looked forward to texts and face time⏰worried A lot

Marie. Lots of crisis with elder parents ...seem very stressful... My Dad has been bed bound for almost 5 years and new problems happen

Guess life has its own issues.

I am thinking of my cyber gal pals with thoughtfulness????

Sorry healthy

Just saw your post. You have a LOT also going on. Please take care of yourself like today!!! Sending you a easier week????

SO HAPPY I found this TOPIC! YES, I need that little GOOD angel on my should holding me accoutnable - her and the fat-devil on the other shoulder have a daily debate over WHAT I put in my mouth. With this being said I plan on heading to the mall at lunch and walking on my lunch hour. NO MORE SUGAR and daily walking/exercise.

Kodos on keeping your body moving! Do the math if your body mass moves you will become smaller by sheer muscle tightening. That is where I am at. I lose a pound or so on occasion but the jeans are fitting better in the areas that they had the sag and also where they were snug.

I have a call into the Center today with a question to see if I am at the edge of the red zone. I am struggling with acid reflux at night and also some issues occasionally with solid food. I have tried being on liquids to shakes for 2 days and did well. As soon as I do chewable food... reflux and some nausea. Opinion welcome? I am 5 years post surgery and this is my real first episode like this!

Hey there!! Glad to see everybody's making it happen today!!

My food is logged and on track, Water is almost all consumed, and I will try to get some exercise in today. My daughter has a dentist appointment and then a basketball game, so we'll just have to see.

Have a wonderful afternoon!!

How are we doing???

Water, check. food as planned, check. No exercise, hectic day. I'll get it in tomorrow.

Let me hear from you!!

Had small adjustment in band as Dr. and I agreed I had slipped into the red zone. I did not struggle with reflux in bed last night. Today will be a back to normal food plan I hope. Not terribly hungry yet. Fluids are going down well and vit. and min. are on target. Making chili for dinner tonight. lunch out with friends. Ordering fish and not sure what else. My wt. is exactly at goal . Accountability is important! Thanks all for sharing and helping keep me there. Building our storage system in the garage and just off to a good start. Getting a good walk in later today. Raining right now. Grand daughter is having her wisdom teeth out so say a prayer for Anna! Thanks!