Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wednesday, Jan. 9 Accountability

I used to participate in a boot-camp mentality board for weight watchers folks. Obviously, I can't post there anymore, but miss the daily interaction and accountability. I'd like to start that here if there's anyone out there willing to participate. It's a new year with lots of new possibilities. I got off track over the holidays and could use a little tough love! I can get us started each morning and then we can post our eating strategy for the day and anything else we need to post to be held accountable. No excuses, no justification, and no whining...boot camp attitudes. We can Celebrate successes, share ideas, and hold one another accountable. I'd love to do it with some of you here, those of us who have been banded for a while. Anybody want to try it?

Day 3 of back on track. Breakfast and lunch were Protein shakes. I mix two scoops of Syntrax Matrix with 16 oz of Water. I make the shakes the night before and let them sit in the refrigerator, they taste better that way. For dinner, I'm grilling a pork tenderloin that I marinated in lime, basil, & garlic. I'll have a side of green Beans and a bite or two of red potato that I grill in a pouch with a little olive oil and seasoning. I've had PLENTY of Water today and that's never really a problem. I have a large tervis tumbler and I drink one before Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.< /span>

I am not sure what I weigh today. I found myself letting the scale dictate my moods, so I'm using my clothes as a gauge for now. That's actually more incentive for me than the number on the scale. Right now, my dress pants are so tight that they scream when I wear them. I'd guess I am up at least 10 pounds. I learned in support groups over the years to not go a size higher in clothes, so I have not. I'm having to literally stuff myself into my size 10s and 12s, leaving me looking and feeling like a sausage. It's now either lose back to goal or not have anything to wear. I choose to get back to goal.

I've got to get back to regular exercise as well. I stopped exercising about two weeks ago and I can tell. Not only does it help with weight loss, but I just feel better in general. Tonight I will do an exercise video. Hold me to it!!

Anybody else want to share?

I'm not sure if this is quite what you had in mind, but a colleague just offered me some chocolate candy that one of his vendors sent for the holidays and I thanked him very much, said I'd love some but no thanks. I didn't hesitate...and more importantly, I didn't feel badly over being 'deprived'. Rather, I felt empowered for making a good decision.

I consider that accountability....and I'm two years out from lb surgery so technically, I'm a veteran though I won't really feel like one till I'm several years out...and still maintaining my weigh loss.

I'm not sure if this is quite what you had in mind, but a colleague just offered me some chocolate candy that one of his vendors sent for the holidays and I thanked him very much, said I'd love some but no thanks. I didn't hesitate...and more importantly, I didn't feel badly over being 'deprived'. Rather, I felt empowered for making a good decision.

I consider that accountability....and I'm two years out from lb surgery so technically, I'm a veteran though I won't really feel like one till I'm several years out...and still maintaining my weigh loss.

VICTORY!!! I love the empowered feeling. Congrats!

I have committed to go to the gym 6 days a week, and I have for a year and a half now. My gym commitment that I need to be held accountable to is to do strength training and not just cardio. My next commitment is to not eat sugar again for a while. Had a few too many Desserts during the holidays, and the cravings crept back into my life. I'm committing to: 1. Putting the scale back on the shelf for the rest of January (I've let the crappy habit of weighing daily creep back into my life too). 2. Not eat any refined carbohydrates for the rest of January. 3. Replace one meal a day with a Protein shake, three times a week.

@@s_suther ..... DID YOU DO YOUR EXERCISE VIDEO? IF NOT..........DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!

Edited by HealthyNewMe

Amen! this sounds good I'm going to do better also commit myself hold myself Accountable.

@HealthyNewMe 6 days a week! Wow! The sugar is what got me over the holidays too. I'm tracking on my fitness pal to watch carbs and sugar. I keep Protein over 100gm a day, which is easy with the Protein shakes.

Thank you for holding me accountable for the exercise. No excuses, I didn't do it. However, I am going first thing this morning to walk laps around the mall. It's too cold outside and I need/want to get out of the house, so the mall is where I'm headed. I'll check back in when it's done. I've got food planned for the day and will get all of my Water. What's your plan for staying away from sugar today? Do you plan meals ahead of time?

@maryjaja What's your plan for today? Are you exercising? Eating the right foods? How can we help?

Oh, ladies, I'm excited! I'm glad we can share our journeys! How should we do our posts? One long topic or daily topic? I know! Let's do a weekly topic and we can post under that. Maybe others will jump on with us. We'll stay here for today and I'll start a new thread/topic tomorrow and we'll use that one for the week. Sound like a plan?

I'm going to eat breakfasat and head to the mall. My husband and daughter have decided they want to go walk too! Yeah! Have an awesome day!!

Edited by s_suther

Please post a link if you change topics.

I hesitated to jump in but I need accountability too.

Today I'm going to get through a hugely emotional day saying goodbye to my daughter who's studying abroad, and keep my calories under 1800.

Walking at the mall..

Please post a link if you change topics.

I hesitated to jump in but I need accountability too.

Today I'm going to get through a hugely emotional day saying goodbye to my daughter who's studying abroad, and keep my calories under 1800.

I'm glad you decided to jump in; the more, the merrier! Sounds like you have a plan for today. Check back and let me know how you did. Where's your daughter going? What an opportunity for her and a tough thing for you. I have a daughter who is 10 and I can't imagine.

@@HealthyNewMe Walking at the mall...CHECK!

Edited by s_suther

I really don't have nothing planned just walk around the house and try and eat right.

Today is a good day to get on track. I struggled the last 4 days with some upchucking issues. Last evening I was surprised to see a piece of pecan and a capsule come up. This is the 3rd time I have had something stuck and glad it is done! OK now that is over and I am good to do my routine. I am 5 + years out and at 140 lb. My BMI was 40 in the beginning and now things are great in that respect. I can do 2 miles 3 times a week on the elliptical and that keeps my heart healthy. I seem to have lost my control on foods that don't work well. That is past... enough said. Today I had 1/2 C rice Krispies and milk for Breakfast. Gummy Vitamin and Minerals. Green tea (decaf). lunch of Broccoli cheese Soup about 3/4 C and a tablespoon of pumpkin ice cream shared with little grandson. Now checking recipes for rutabaga?? A new food for me so I can increase my vegi's. I must keep my head in the game and chew chew chew! Feeling great today and enjoying watching the birds on this cold blustery day.

I'm lurking too.

I'm lurking too.

Jump in with us!!

Ok so much for accountability for me. Totally blew right through my calorie goal. Aagghh! Ok, tomorrow is a new day. My daughter left for Madrid, and now I wait for a message after she lands. My other daughter leaves for her college tomorrow.

I placed mom in a nursing home yesterday. This CRISIS lasted through the holidays. I am stress eating. I am not weighing in January but I WILL get back on track