Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plain yogurt = *gag*... Help!

I have a ton of allergies and sensitivities. I eat plain greek yogurt because I don't like the fake sugar and artificial dyes in the fruit kind, and I am picky about the type of greek yogurt I buy. I only buy FAGE 0%. I have mixed Protein powder, my own fresh fruit, nuts, oatmeal and even nut butter with the yogurt. It's a great source of Protein.< /p>

However, if you do not like yogurt, don't eat it. I happen to like greek yogurt. I ate it before WLS and continue to do so post-op. Just find other ways to meet your protein requirements. This is a big enough adjustment without punishing ourselves by eating foods we don't like.

In fact here's a handy chart full of alternative protein sources.

protein

Edited by BLERDgirl

I LOVE yogurt!!! Literally love. Any and all except plain. I buy plain in the summer and add berries. Sometimes I use plain yogurt mixed with veggie dip spices and make a healthy dip. I guess there are some sugar free flavored yogurts I am going to get those. I haven't bought anything besides Chobani in a few years so I'm out of the loop. It's just cost effective to buy a big jug of plain yogurt, that's why I asked what I can add :)

Chobani is on my do not buy list because they use GMO's.

Chobani is on my do not buy list because they use GMO's.

Thanks for the info !

I don't know what faze your in but ranch dressing powder mix is great. Also I add to black bean purée. It's like sour cream. Also PB2 with Protein Powder frozen then blended is good. I hate it if not frozen first.. Textures freak me out. My friend makes frozen yogurt dots check Pinterest out too

Cinnamon helps. I have added chocolate Protein powder too but hated the consistency so added some fat free milk to it and that helped

Oh pre op the making ranch dressing trick was awesome I just made raw veggies and dipped them. I so miss that right now

I buy a tub of Greek yogurt thats about 2 cups and add one packet of crystal lite for the individual Water bottles and 2 packets of splenda. Then I eat small servings for a snack. One tub usually lasts me a week. It is less calories and carbs if you make it this way than buying flavored yogurts, and its easier to dish up a small serving that it was eating half a regular container. I try to eat some yogurt every day. I think it helps keep me regular. My go to flavor is the raspberry ice.

Try Torani sugar free syrups......0 sugar 0cals 0 carbs

Another vote for Torani-- I love white chocolate, coconut, and salt caramel. I flavor plain yogurt with vanilla extract, sweetener, and cinnamon. Also a little bit of OJ concentrate, vanilla and sweetener. Not SF but it takes so little to make a Creamsicle flavor. I am pre-surgery, though-- don't know if any of these will appeal post-surgery. Good luck!

Sf jelly is great mixed in with plain yogurt. Not sure if its OK for preop.

Oh pre op the making ranch dressing trick was awesome I just made raw veggies and dipped them. I so miss that right now

No veggies for me :(

Have to keep on the same diet I will follow for 3-4 months post op

I have always only eaten plain Greek Yogurt...the flavored ones always taste too sweet to me. I use Protein powder (vanilla, banana and cake batter are my favorites) or Torani syrups (English toffee, almond and pumpkin pie are great) to flavor it. This way I can control the sweetness.