Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery soon!♡♥♡♥♡

I'm having surgery in exactly Five days, two hrs, 34 mins and 25 seconds as I am typing this. I am very nervous. I'm also nervous about my last supper thoughts. I want sushi. Lol. Ugh the cravings are killing me. Somebody help me. ...

I went and motored through a huge prime rib 5 days before my surgery! I survived. I absolutely can't imagine ever doing it again,..but that's OK. I haven't regretted the surgery for a minute. Now three months out, I have turned a corner and don't feel as nautious after eating as I did for the first 12 weeks. I am so grateful. 50% down on my medications. That was my goal, no more meds!!

Ugh I can't wait. This is something that I truly feel is a big blessing. I go to support groups and they're all awesome ppl!

Enjoy your sushi if that's what your after .. I was going to do steak at one point then it was Chinese, I changed my mind so much that the last day before my 2week liquid diet started... I decide that I would let my family decide what was for dinner. Needless to say it wasn't steak, Chinese, or any of the things I'd mentioned .... It was pulled pork bbq, lol.. Wasn't as good as my husbands but Damn it was nice & my family TRUELY enjoyed it .. Keep us posted on how you are!! & relax I'm 6 week post op & yes I've had a few low point but keep your goals in mind & Remember why your taking this step .... It'll be worth it when it's all over & done !!

I had to do a 2 week liquid diet before surgery as well so the week before surgery I had last meals of things I absolutely wanted. If you're craving something, definitely go for it! I'm almost 2 months out and I don't regret making that decision at all.

Zedqueen - my Doctors office required a 2 week liquid diet before surgery in order to shrink the "fatty liver" .. This is required for all his rny & gastric sleeve patients. As bad as it sounds the first 3 to 4 days are the hardest..????lol..but worth it . Once your past those days it's really pretty simple. I would mix up 4 to 5 Protein Shakes the night before so the next day my meals were ready. Can't complain cause I lost weight doing it. Plus it really got me ready for the week clear liquid diet following my surgery (as so required by Doctor). The hardest thing right now is after 2 weeks of Protein shakes the last thing I want is another one lol... But I do my best .. I have to take care of me!! In order to take care of my family

I had my rny bypass .. It was funny cause it the first Thanksgiving I've never wanted to eat lol.. My surgery went well I went into surgery @ 1:40pm 11/25/14discharged from the hospital 11/26/14 @ 11:20 am...I was up & walking the halls before 8pm the night of the surgery. They will have you up & in those halls as soon as your awake good lol.... But trust it's a good thing the sooner your moving the sooner you'll feel like yourself

Edited by MisR

Oh wow! That's awesome. I can't wait for next week. I'm so ready. I'm kind of happy I have a bit of a break before going back to school

I am on day 5 of my two week high Protein liquid liver shrink diet..its hard and I swear im swimming in Protein Shakes but knowing those shakes are only temporary it makes it a little easier to drink them.. and I have lost 11 pounds since Monday. Surgery is jan 19 @ 7:30..im looking forward to being "normal" size again. Haven't been thin for over 35 yrs .good luck everyone

Today I just started my 2 weeks liquid diet and my surgery is April 23rd. Question? My friend had bypass done in February and she told me that was ate hard boiled egg whites (no yolk) throughout the 2 week liquid diet. She said her surgery was fine and the doctor said everything looked good. Has anyone else tried egg whites or other alternatives?