Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've gained weight

Yeah I did, went from 254 to 132 now I'm 147 and that's after losing 13 pounds how did this happen? A new relationship is what happened got to comfortable, not working out, going on dinner dates now I'm paying for it and I'm approaching my two year so I'm bigger now than I was last year this time. Have to admit last summer was the best summer ever I got to wear summer dresses that I never would of put on at 254 and just seeing my man eyes light up when I walked through his door wearing those dresses was priceless. So with that being said I'm going to lose this weight my new goal is 125 to 130 I think that's perfect for a 5ft1 frame.

You are not alone. I'm 3 years out and have gained 50 pounds.. ugh I hate just even typing that out!

The best advice I have read is that we still have our tools, so we need to take advantage of that.

I've been back on track these last 3 days, I went back to the foods I ate when I was losing (chicken, tuna, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, cheese, low carb veggies) I've been eating Protein first, then LC veggies and it seems to be really helping alot!

I've also been drinking a ton of Water and brewed green tea, I never cared for it much before but now I love it.

Good thing you're doing something about it now before it became more. Wishing you the best of luck, you can do this!

Edited by ashleyxx

Faith41 and ahsleyxx thank you both for being so honest about where you are currently at. I am 6 weeks post surgery and from my perspective you both made fantastic progress in your weight loss. Both your posts are reminders however that this journey is lifelong and doesn't just end when we reach our target weight.

Best of luck to both of you and I hope you reach wherever you want to be. xx

In the veterns forum you will find many of us who deal with this. It is part of the process and they key is to nip it in the bud before regain of X or XX turns into XXX...

I am still at goal but I have regained about 15# or so from my lowest and I want to get back there too! I did a restart Monday!

Dating is fattening but being married / living with a partner is even more so because men eat! I had a double whammy of dating someone starting this fall and my 2nd son moved back home....So I went from living alone to sharing meals with two young 20s men or else going out with my date. It is my responsibility, not any of theirs but it's hard!

Hey ladies!

I am getting close to my goal but with partying, drinking, and a ton of other excuses, I am finding it hard to get back to doing what is right.

This journey is NOT easy - this tool is great but the better tool is our mind and that is the hardest to use at the moment.

Thanks for all of the replies you guys, it just sucks to be at goal buy all these nice clothes and now you can't fit them anymore but I did it to myself and I'm doing something about it now and once I reach goal again I'm going to stay there cause I never want to feel this way again. I got a good man he saw the 25 pound weight gain and never complained he's away for six weeks when he gets back I hope to be at least 135 when he first met me wish me luck.

Thanks for all of the replies you guys, it just sucks to be at goal buy all these nice clothes and now you can't fit them anymore but I did it to myself and I'm doing something about it now and once I reach goal again I'm going to stay there cause I never want to feel this way again. I got a good man he saw the 25 pound weight gain and never complained he's away for six weeks when he gets back I hope to be at least 135 when he first met me wish me luck.

Good luck! Reading stories from WLS veterans who made it to goal, then bounced up a bit are a big part of my program. You guys provide the cautionary tales that those of us on the way down need to hear. You may want to look at your Fluid intake to see if you're keeping your sleeve satisfied. Thank you for your honesty. Sounds like you are getting a handle on it. I truly hope you succeed!!!

Put one of last years dresses on the outside of the wardrobe and look at each morning, then vow to make that day good in terms of eating and drinking. We all need something to aim for.

You are not alone. I'm 3 years out and have gained 50 pounds.. ugh I hate just even typing that out!

The best advice I have read is that we still have our tools, so we need to take advantage of that.

I've been back on track these last 3 days, I went back to the foods I ate when I was losing (chicken, tuna, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, cheese, low carb veggies) I've been eating Protein first, then LC veggies and it seems to be really helping alot!

I've also been drinking a ton of Water and brewed green tea, I never cared for it much before but now I love it.

Good thing you're doing something about it now before it became more. Wishing you the best of luck, you can do this!

Hang in there girl, I gained 22 at one point... I did get it of, and a year later I have gained 10... I am getting that off too. Life happens, just dont let it go to long, or its very depressing, and harder to lose as well. saying it out loud is healing and we are here for you.

You did great. You don't have that far to go to get rid of it. I keep procrastinating about joining a gym because its so cold at home right now and I think this post finally made me do it. I'll know by 6pm tonight lol.

Eating out is fun but try to stick to salads and try to avoid alcohol. Maybe once a week is fine but if your doing it each weekend, your going to pay for it. Also try to avoid sugar and starches. We all know what those do to us. grr

And btw @@Faith41 you look amazing.

I made this post a little over a year its been 3 years and 2 months since my sugery and I'm up to 185 pounds and I'm so mad at myself. Two days ago I went back to basic Protein first then veggies and increasing my Water intake and im having a hard time ggettig in my protein and water requirements but I can sure eat a whole lot of fast food and Snacks with no problems I got to get a handle on this or I will be 254 again even my hump on my back came back I have to wear long hair just to hide it. Please any advice or words of encourgment welcomed. Before wls 254, day of wls 234 lowest weight 132 current weight 185 wls 3-12-13

I am currently working on taking off some weight that has come back on recently. I ate a piece of cheesecake over easter break and since then I feel like I've opened pandora's box. I have been eating things I shouldn't and gaining because of it. I make it like a week or a week and a half of doing good and then I eat carbs again. Before this, I had not eaten any refined carbohydrates at all- not a single cracker or piece of bread- nothing. Now it feels like I can't turn it off. It has been a couple of months now that I've been struggling with things. However, I am working on making good decisions meal by meal. I find it much easier to do all shakes, I hate trying to regulate my food intake and make food decisions. However, I don't think that shakes all the time are going to be a great long term solution.