Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let me ask you guys something....I don't have much of an appetite and I know I am anemic and low in Iron but once I get Vit B12 shot, my appetite increases tremendously. I have more energy but I end up eating more too. Does this happen to anyone here? Please let me know. Thnks!

I take Bariatric Advantage Multi Vitamins with Iron at lunch time and Calcium citrate in the morning and evening. Every other day I take a B-12 Vitamin (from Trader Joe's) under my tongue. I haven't had any problems with my Vitamin levels or how I feel.

Thnks but I am talking specifically about B12 shots not pills or sublingual. The shots are high doses of b12.

@@RNBSN786 I didn't notice that..I get B-12 shots from my Surgeon, I also take B-12 sublingual and a b-complex.

Thnks that's interesting. I am reading about it online and when we are deficient and are anemic are appetite is low. When we get the B12 shot, our energy levels go up as well as our metabolism and the appetite also goes up. But it doesn't stay like this for a long time. Everytime I get the shot, my appetite goes up, I work out better and I get my period.

Edited by RNBSN786

I've been getting B-12 injections for years before my surgery because I have pernicious anemia. Personally, I've never noticed an increase in energy or appetite from them.

I took B12 shots for about a year (one each month). I never noticed a decrease of energy levels as I approached the end of the month. Sometimes I took the shots several days late and I still did not notice any loss in energy levels.

I just had my blood work done for the 3 month checkup. My B12 level came back >1500 and was flagged as high. I was taking a sublingual, but now I am no longer advised to take it. It is interesting how everyone is different with how their bodies respond to the sleeve.

I just had my blood work done for the 3 month checkup. My B12 level came back >1500 and was flagged as high. I was taking a sublingual, but now I am no longer advised to take it. It is interesting how everyone is different with how their bodies respond to the sleeve.

Yep I was taking it sublingual as well and my levels were high. I've been instructed to only take it once a week now.

As to OP - your experience doesn't sound unusual. I know women who get monthly B2 shots to regulate their menstrual cycle.

@ Mine also got high but on NO supplement. Suggest you have that followed as that *can* remotely be a sign of a blood cancer. As long as it goes down while off, good but otherwise ...

I remember this because when mine was high, my doc at the time ignored it. Yes, the chance is remote but cancer of the skin, brain, kidney, prostate, spleen/pancreas, with masses of unknown origin and the like has been found in my family.

Thank you for the warning. Last year I had a cancer scare. They thought it was Lymphoma. But after numerous tests, an inconclusive fine needle biopsy and finally removing a lymph node in my neck, it came back negative. It turns out that after I took a heavy duty medication, it messed up my lymph system and it wasn't draining fluids properly. The doctor told my that in all his years of practice, that he has never seen one as large as that one was and have it come back as benign. It was one of the most scary times in my life.

I brought my tests to the attention of my primary care doctor as well. She didn't seem to be concerned about the results even though over the last year and a half, they have gone from 380 to 1026 and now >1500 (they didn't put down a specific #). She thinks it is all because of my diet. Could be, but I don't exactly know. I will talk to Dr. Billings as well about these results and see what he thinks as well. I would rather be safe than sorry.

Edited by Jodi_S

Didn't read previous replies sorry if I am duplicating. BUT if you are doing more because youhave more energy then you are burning calories and need to eat more. It sounds straightforward? Especially when we eat so little now, kwim?

I have been taking Vitamin B 12 sublingual for years. I have never noticed such complications while taking it. I think, you should try vita4life’s products, because I think the cause of the problem might be the supplement you are currently taking.

There are two types of sublingual Vitamin B12. The correct one to take is methylcobalamin.