Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BMI, attention from men, etc

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've lost a lot of weight before and men hit on me or gave me looks and wasn't use to that. And have to prepare for that.

I've been reading everything.

My biggest issue eating is social situations. I'm not normally an over eater. But when I go out I drink, eat dinner, dessert. That will be my biggest challenge.

That's a social skill. There are people both big and small who are uncomfortable with people giving them compliments. For some it's because they feel more confident in a thinner body and the confidence is attractive to people. Still others who start to care for themselves differently in a smaller body. They wear nicer clothing and just carry themselves in a more positive fashion. Not every person who compliments you on those changes does so in a romantic way. It's just when you put forth the effort to look nice and you personally feel more attractive people notice it. Because for some this is a new thing it takes practice learning to accept compliments.

I'm a bander but my advice would be focus on the hard and real changes you need to make now. Let the effects later come when they will. For now here's what I found useful.

First, pre surgery I gave up tv eating. Permanently and forever. This was much harder than it sounds. But it really helped me stop distracted eating.

Second was to stop drinking with my meals. Practice now to have a glass of Water half an hour before your meal, no liquid with your meal, and no liquids until half an hour after your meal.

Third is chew chew chew your food into tiny pieces. Into mush. This is also harder than it sounds.

Fourth, slow down your eating. If you chew enough it will slow you down, but try to pause even a little between bites. Some folks put their fork down. I found it just as hard to actually swallow one bite before taking another bite. I still do.

Fifth, start walking. Even if it's just around the block or around your workplace office a few times a day. You'll need to walk immediately after your WLS to help the shoulder gas pain and to speed your recovery.

These habit changes can take a lot of work and will be easier to do post op if you start now. I promise you, if you focus on practical steps now, the what-ifs and worries will take a back seat.

Congratulations on choosing good health for yourself. We are all rooting for you.

As far as being a diabetic, I was a diabetic for at least 3 years prior to my surgery (I say at least three years because I believe I was one for much longer, but was not diagnosed earlier). While on my pre-op diet I was told to watch my numbers, and if they went below 100 three times in a row, to go off my Victoza. They did, I did, and haven't been diabetic since! I was sleeved Dec. 3, 2014. This was my main reason for the surgery, as I was starting to go out of control and repercussions of diabetes were rearing their ugly heads. Doing this surgery was the best thing I could've done for yslffor this reason alone. There were other reasons, as well, but diabetes is so horrible, it was worth it! Good luck to you!

That is great about the diabetes!! Hope it works that way for me.

Question..... I'm still on my liquid fast, my surgery is scheduled for January 17. My question is how do I stabilize my blood sugar on a clear liquid's without Protein? I start my group with fees on Sunday and I'm very nervous about that only, nothing else just being diabetic..

Question..... I'm still on my liquid fast, my surgery is scheduled for January 17. My question is how do I stabilize my blood sugar on a clear liquid's without Protein? I start my group with fees on Sunday and I'm very nervous about that only, nothing else just being diabetic..

Speak to your nutritionist. They will help you work out a plan on how to manage your diabetes on the liquid diet.< /p>