Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ah! Penny! Why?!?!?(My 600 lb life)

It is frustrating to see someone get so much help only to throw it away but remember, no matter what, the person has to be willing and able to accept help.

Breaking Bad inspired me to get my s*#% together. I saw mannnnny parallels in that show, which, btw, imo is thee best drama series I have ever watched. Lol

"Food" is a helluva drug.

Addiction is demon. I know for me, if it wasn't food, it would've been something else.

It comes on TLC . This month they have been doing a marathon of where are they now episodes. I go up and down about this. I couldn't stand Penny but I liked Olivia. Some people on it don't want to exercise or eat right or just want to lay in bed. I cant stand that. Some of these people were so huge they had not left there home in years. I have hated so many of the changes and complications I have had from this surgery, but I didn't go thru all this to just lay in bed and wait for death. Part of the agreement these people have with the network filming them is that the surgery is paid for by TLC. So they really don't have to worry about any insurance covering it. Same with the skin removal, so they shouldn't take it for granted. But several of them just want to continue to eat like before.

So I just watched the where are they now for penny...she is so delusional!!! I feel for her.

Wow, So sad to see someone waste the chance to get their life back. Even sadder is the effect all the family dysfunction is having on the son. My heart breaks for the boy.

Her story just proves that this surgery doesn't fix the brain. She must have pushed through the pain to still be able to eat enough to gain weight. She should have pushed through the pain to try to get up every day, or do arm exercises while in bed, or something!

Saw that last night and I am a horrible person who kept thinking she just needs to pass.

I am horrible. She frustrates me.

I mean why is she like this? It's beyond food addiction.

They need to take away her kid and her husband needs to leave

I have not seen the update but by your reactions, it's obviously not a success.

Take her away from her enabler and see how much she loses ;)

Another thing - Penny - by sitting in bed with your laptop in front of you, you are reading all of the comments people are making about you, not only here but on the page for the show. How sad.

Maybe we should try and encourage her. I am not as obese as she is but I'm not perfect either. I hope she finds what she needs to move forward, her son needs her and wants her to succeed. The husband it between a rock and a hard spot, I feel bad for him.

Her son is a real sweetheart and really loves his mom. She needs to learn some self-love and turn things around. Or she won't be around to see him grow up. :(

Maybe we should try and encourage her. I am not as obese as she is but I'm not perfect either. I hope she finds what she needs to move forward, her son needs her and wants her to succeed. The husband it between a rock and a hard spot, I feel bad for him.

You know, you are right. Why condemn someone for something all of us commenting are guilty of (or we wouldn't be posting here!) - giving in to our eating addiction? Did fat shaming help any of us lose weight? It didn't for me! I mean yeah, she was given a powerful tool and didn't use it to its fullest extent, but she can still turn it around! I hope she keeps visiting that psychiatrist...the whole family should visit one! I'm trying to reach out to her on twitter...I am fascinated by her story and I really want to know what makes her tick. In a way, she is inspiring me to try harder.

Her husband bears some responsibility! He is the one giving her all of the food. If he loved her, he would give her the right proportions of the right food!

Her husband bears some responsibility! He is the one giving her all of the food. If he loved her, he would give her the right proportions of the right food!

Exactly! It's not like she goes shopping and buys the groceries and carries them into the house - that would mean she would have to get out of bed! Can't have that, can we?