Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For the people actively Losing weight that track food...

@@tamg26k Also, congratulations to you too! 100 lbs in 6 months is fantastic!

Edited by Elode

@@Elode I've always lost a lot of hair. Thank God my hair is really thick. I lose a fair amount, nothing too drastic. I do lose quite a bit when I color my hair once a month. It is more than what I was my normal Hair loss.< /p>

I do keep up with my Vitamins which helps and I don't think increasing the Protein hurts either.

Edited by tamg26k

@@tamg26k Ok I was just curious. I've kept my Protein at 90+ grams since a week after surgery, get all my Water, take all my Vitamins, so I guess we shall see what happens!

I almost 10 weeks out and use MFP. I average around 850 calories per day, 23g(or less) net carbs and 30g fat. I sometimes increase the calorie intake or fat intake but learned the hard way about keeping the carbs under 30g.

As far as losing more while having more calories, I wonder if the body then has more to burn (since we put so little in to begin with) as opposed to having too little to burn (perhaps the body goes into self-preservation, thus hoards the calories to prevent it from losing too much). IT'S ALL SCIENCE TO ME....! And as far as the half and half plate thing, NUT suggested to eat the Protein as the priority, but try to eat it all. My program is very slow to advance; I had my surgery on Dec. 3rd, and I won't be on regular food until Jan. 27th. I guess they want to make sure we heal perfectly. The only thing I have with that is it seems my sleeve isn't stretching or enlarging, but staying as it was created. All my portions stay under 2 ounces. Is this unusual to any of you?

Not unusual for as far out as you are. It's all I could eat till about six months out

I average anywhere from 600 - 800 calories per day, depending on whether I have any oatmeal or fruit - sometimes I track that many but leave remnants on the plate so it's probably not that much. Also average about 40 carbs total, but not sure how many are offset. I'll be 6 weeks on Tuesday, and last time I checked, I was down 34 pounds :).

@@tamg26k Ok I was just curious. I've kept my Protein at 90+ grams since a week after surgery, get all my Water, take all my Vitamins, so I guess we shall see what happens!

Hey!! We were sleeved around the same time, can you give me a breakdown of your day?

I am having the worst time with getting everything in! Some days I do really well and others I barley get 500 calories and 40 oz Water in! Lol

It's tough... I'm just not hungry and food kinda repulses me lol

Any MFP users wanna share their name? just for ideas? Thanks so much ♡

Sheena :-)

@@Dreamingofhealth this is a screen shot of my lose it app for yesterday. Give me a second and I will tell you what I ate

post-237766-0-82089800-1420426937_thumb.jpg

Edited by Elode

Ok this is what I ate

post-237766-0-67370400-1420427094_thumb.jpg

Edited by Elode

@@Dreamingofhealth So that's just one example. You see my carbs are really low. It says 19 but the real net carbs is only about 9. A typical day is a shake for Breakfast or 2 egg whites, 1/4 cup crumble turkey sausage, 1/4 Avacado on the side. lunch is either a Quest bar, shrimp, grilled chicken slices, and Another Protein like 1/2 a boiled egg, dinner is usually something close to that. Snacks are another Protein Shake, tea, quest bar.... Try to drink at least 3 bottles of Water a day.

Edited by Elode

Thank you very much for doing that for me. It's nice to get an idea of what and how much people are eating.

Everyone seems to be keeping their carbs very low and my surgeon and NUT pushes for 80G Protein, 1000 Calories a day and minimum 60 Oz of Water but no mention of carbs.

By staying very low in carbs does it speed up the fat burning process? And what ballpark should I aim for?

Thanks again!

@@Dreamingofhealth You're welcome! Lowering your carbs forces your body to burn fat instead for carbs for fuel, thus you melt more fat off your body (that's the short of it) everyone is different but the Atkins Diet worked really well for me BUT I was still over eating and hungry even on it. When I had the surgery I knew that it was going to be somewhat comparative to my old Atkins diet but with out the over eating all the time. I treat it as such. As far as How many carbs you need it depends. I don't know all your history but you can always ask your Nutritionist or Google it. I'm assuming my diet will change over time but as of right now I'm doing the high Protein and when you do that with meats your carb intake is going to be low because most meats are either 0 or low carb. Same with cheese. I cut out all table sugar. I don't really care for fake sugar but I do use it in some of my teas. I'm trying to eat as clean as possible with what little food I do eat. Most of my nutrition still comes from my shakes and Quest bars as you can see.