Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tick, tick, tick,tick.....almost time 1/12/15

Lots of new things going on for me in this new year. Started my 2 week (starvation) liquid diet on 12/29, not as bad as I thought it would be. I do see food EVERYWHERE and it isn't easy cooking for my husband and 7 year old. They try not to tempt me, but it doesn't take much to do so. My two older ones are helping mom out by doing the liquid fast with me, which is so cool. We keep each other in line! Now if I could just get this next week over and get to surgery I'll really be doing something!

Oh yes....So I had my EGD today. I totally psyched myself up that this was going to be an awful experience, and that it was just a pre-cursor to my sleeve experience being the same. However, much to my surprise it was pleasant, easy, and I didn't have any issues at all. Anesthesia didn't cause any problems and I woke right up. I'm now ready to conquer my fears and get this surgery out the way so I can discover my new body. There are so many things I could be nervous about, but I'm trying my best to be positive and optimistic about my not so far off future. I guess I'm still just a mixed bag of emotions!

Let you EGD be the example. Your surgery can be a breeze! Mine was. I had no pain, gas or any other complication you can name or imagine. I didn't even need pain meds while I was in the hospital. Tell yourself that's how you will be and keep telling yourself that until you believe it. Take that positive attitude into the hospital with you. Also high five your older kids for being awesome!

I had my EGD on the 2nd also. Not sure when I'll get to start my diet. But felt the same going through mine. Good luck and it is so awesome the support your getting from your family.

How was your surgery? I just had mine on the 9th...

It went well. I've got to get over being gassy before I can go home, other than that it went well. I've been trying to walk to get over it, but it's not working.

I've been home since Sunday...I had the same issues. This morning I feel better for sure. It is crazy how much pain that can cause though!

It went well. I've got to get over being gassy before I can go home, other than that it went well. I've been trying to walk to get over it, but it's not working.

have you tried Gas-X strips? I was told they work well...

I've been home since Sunday...I had the same issues. This morning I feel better for sure. It is crazy how much pain that can cause though!

how was your surgery how do you feel?

I feel pretty good...still sore of course...like when I get up. I did expect that though. I have been having the left shoulder pain that others talk about too. I tried weighing myself already...lol. It is hilarious. I know it is a ton of Water weight...but I have already lost 23 pounds...since FRIDAY!