Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One year, 3 day Surgery Anniversary

Hi all, I contemplated writing my success story because it seems once you pass over to skinny world who needs the website.

However, I wouldn't be a success if I didn't see others stories that paved a way for me, so it's time to give back to help encourage and motivate others as the gastric sleeve has done for me! I'm 5 ft 2, started out 197lbs and I have weighed 121 lbs since 7 months out and yes today I still weigh 121lbs. I've surpassed every goal that was set and even ran in my first 10K before Thanksgiving.

2014 was a year of changes and it gave me confidence that I never had.

I was a heavy depressed size 16 knocking on the doors of size 18 and now I'm a size 2/4. I used to play see saw with my weight, such as even years skinny me and odd years heavy me. Not anymore, I'm dedicated more than ever to keep the weight off and to continue to run 3-4 times a week, plus Zumba and spin cycling.

In 2015, I vow to run a half marathon and push through the odd years. It was tough in the beginninh, but each day it gets easier and easier. I have no regrets and I would do it again in a heartbear! Thank you all and continue to work hard. Remember the sleeve is a tool, don't let it work you, bust your ass to work it!!! And yes my husband got the sleeve as well. He went from 272lbs to 182lbs. Whoop whoop!!!!

post-181455-14202012305344_thumb.jpg

post-181455-14202012501632_thumb.jpg

post-181455-14202012772886_thumb.jpg

post-181455-14202013206854_thumb.jpg

post-181455-14202014738755_thumb.jpg

post-181455-14202015868381_thumb.jpg

post-181455-14202017271245_thumb.jpg

post-181455-14202017654069_thumb.jpg

post-181455-14202021005089_thumb.jpg

That's awesome! You both look great! Congratulations!!!

Congratulations to you both!

Wow, so good to hear success stories. So good to hear about things going right and things working out. I am pre-op and all the stories of complications and negativity during the first month have got me a little frightened, but not enough to stop me. Thank you so much for posting. I was thinking about taking up running too.

wouldn't be a success if I didn't see others stories that paved a way for me,

@@cbwalker79

great transformation pics of you and hubby

you both look cute as the dickins :lol:

thanx for dropping by to remind/tell people how wonderful the sleeve is

its true that many people leave the board shortly after they have reached goal/success

(they are still trying to get rid of me :o :lol: :lol: )

but there are more and more VETS hanging around for advice/help/support :)

great plan to run that 1/2 marathon!! :)

you will do great :)

sounds like you are doing great with maintenance too!!

try and stop by more often

we'll all have a Protein shake :wacko: :lol:

glass of Water sounds better ;)

happy new year :)

kathy

congrats

For people like me who sometimes feel trapped within the long approval process, hearing stories like yours are paramount in keeping the fire alive. Just being reminded now and then that there is indeed light at the end of the tunnel is priceless! Congratulations on your new and healthy life!

Congrats on you & your husbands success! You guys look amazing!

Congrats. What an inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks so much for sharing that and congrats to the both of you. I am researching RNY and SLEEVE right now. I weigh 215 and stand around 5'2" tall. I had the lap band removed. I was thinking RNY due to my diabetes and the fact that my insusrance would not pay for the sleeve. But now they will and that changes things. I'm happy to hear good things about the sleeve and hope that I too can be an inspiration to someone. Thanks so much~

I'm also 5"2' and at my highest was 191. I've been stuck at 149 for a month. Your story has inspired me! I know it can be done! My goal of 125 is reasonable. Time to get with it! Thanks for the kick in the pants!

Congrats to you both . My husband and I are also sleeved. We are working forward towards our goals. Thank you for sharing and being an inspiration.

Help please I've been sleeved since 2013 of September and I've only lost 45 pounds , I'm so mad at my self for one I' live off junk candy my favorite , chips, pop, and that makes me feel whole, but I know I have to end this or else I'm Giong to gain all of the weight I have lost.I need major, major help.What do I do I don't know where theirs any support groups in my city of , KC area

You look do wonderful & so healthy & fit!! Congratulations! So glad you decided to share your story!