Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Absolutely no desire to eat or drink...

So I'm almost two months out, surgery was 11/14/14 and I have lost around 30 pounds. The weight loss has slowed up a bit. I go to the gym about 3-4 times a week and also go to the park and walk with my sauna suit.

The problem is, I have no desire to eat at all. Eating is not enjoyable for me anymore...I guess that's a good thing. But for the past two weeks or so, I've only been eating one "meal" a day and a few slices of deli turkey when at night. I have no desire to drink anything but I do so I can stay hydrated. I'm just really bored eating the same thing. This coming Saturday will be my "week 8 and beyond" mark and I can basically eat anything that I can tolerate, except steak.

Any suggestions?!

Be careful with that sauna suit. It doesn't burn fat & can cause you to get dehydrated. I know the limited diet gets boring but you have to make sure you are getting your Protein & fluids in even if you aren't that interested in food. Not doing so may not only hinder your weight loss but could also cause deficiencies that can result in hair loss and other damage.

@@yungshi I'm the same way. I make myself eat. My surgeon was not thrilled that I was only consuming 600 calls a day so he want me to get at least 1000 or else weight loss will more than likely stop (due to starvation mode) Keep working on it!

Ya gotta eat!

So eat!

:)

Your appetite will very, very likely return. Enjoy this time of no temptation. But in the meantime also be sure you get enough good nutrition (Protein, veggies, fruits, as you can tolerate them).

Great comment! I feel the same way! No desire to eat or drink. Eating is not an ejoyable experience at all! Thank you for posting this!

Edited by KristenLee

Elode is right.... too few calories and you wont lose either. The body thinks it is starving and goes into a conservation mode. Have you tried Protein shakes? Premier chocolate is my fav... half and half with skim milk tastes just like chocolate milk and you get a great Protein boost!

Be careful u have to sip! sip! sip...i know the feeling but i forced myself to drink..The last place u want to end up is in the ER....Good luck!!!

Definitely aim to well-hydrate. Try to eat, remind yourself that, yes, you have to get in some Protein, etc. But don't worry...you'll soon be able to eat more.

I hated that I couldn't even drink--guzzle--Water for a good while. I still can't guzzle, but I can drink good swallows. That improves, as does your ability to eat and actually, later, even needing to remind yourself to stop eating or to eat slowly.

Again, do what you can, but for now, enjoy the lack of hunger (as long as you get in much of what you must).

Thanks yall!

I definitely don't get in all my Protein. That's also a big problem for me. I'm supposed to be at 70-80 grams a day and on some days I may get 1 gram.

I have Premier Protein but my no desire to drink really just doesn't help.

I'm gonna get back on it though bc I don't want to be bald!

How are you only getting in 1 gram of Protein? Have a boiled egg for breakfast...7grams. Have a glass of skin milk....8grams. Ounce of cheese..approx 7 to 8 grams. Small amount of tuna....13grams. Greek yogurts. ..some 12grams. You just have to eat the food.< /p>

O, add a scoop of Protein Powder to the skim milk.....21 plus 8.....29grams.

How are you only getting in 1 gram of Protein? Have a boiled egg for breakfast...7grams. Have a glass of skin milk....8grams. Ounce of cheese..approx 7 to 8 grams. Small amount of tuna....13grams. Greek yogurts. ..some 12grams. You just have to eat the food.< /p>

Well obviously I just have to eat the food. If you would've read the post, I said I have no desire to eat.

@@yungshi ...uh...don't start the year being snippy. geez.

@@finediva is saying you might not have the DESIRE to eat, but just DO it, because you need to. PLUS, she was VERY kind to give you nice Protein amounts for easy foods to get in.

So, yung...did you really need to give attitude and be so aggresive and snarky? Obviously you NEED to eat something, because you're already unnecessarily cranky. Just sayin'. An apology to FD might be a nice thing for you to do, imho.

Edited by Dr-Patient

Well obviously I just have to eat the food. If you would've read the post, I said I have no desire to eat.

LOL!

Seriously, you do have to figure this out. Because if you continue eating no Protein you're going to have worse problems than feeling bitchy.

Like losing a LOT of hair (and more than other WLS patients). And losing muscle mass, despite how much you're working out. Or having your weight loss completely stall because your body goes into starvation mode.

So welcome to WLS post-op and doing what's good for you -- not just what you feel like doing. I know it might be hard to eat and drink now (and oddly so for those of us who've always liked to eat pre-op). But when you agreed to this surgery you sort of agreed to do what went along with it. And that includes eating what you need to eat to be healthy WHILE you're losing weight.

Very best wishes to you.

I too have no desire to eat or drink. This is weird. Its like my hunger button got turned off. I kinda love it. But then I don't.