Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

16 days post open. Side pain

I had surgery Dec 15. Had some pain first week in lower belly and itresolved with a belly band. Now I have developed a pain on my left side...more inner pain. I can lay down pain free but sitting is painful and walking as well. Any suggestions?

Edited by Angelkeeper4

Since you had your surgery in October I don't think you should be in pain still. Have you called your surgeons office to ask them? I think that's what I would do.

I'm 16 days postop. Surgery in Dec not October

I'm two months out. Still have pain sitting on a stool at work. I'm come home in pain every day. I've lost 60lbs in two months so I'll take the pain, but damn. Surgeon says its because I'm armoring and protecting my tummy.

I experienced pain internally, also on the left side. I was told to go back to pureed and soft foods for a while and it did resolve itself. Go easy on your new pouch and call your surgeon, but don't panic. I believe this is normal as I've heard others have also had left side pain as well. Best of luck.

I'm just beginning pureed this week.

It could be that your pouch isn't ready. Maybe stick to liquids until you can talk with your surgeon. There's no need to rush the process. Slow but sure is better then rushing and getting sick.

The pain isn't near my pouch. Its lower, probably just part of the healing. I need to be patient

I just started soft foods/ pureed. What do you consider slow losing?

Laurarogersclark, I don't know how I lost so fast. My surgeon said its almost scandalous. But I haven't lost any in 10days so I'm definitely at a stall. I also was very sick prior. On steroids on and off for a year, pneumonia that turned into laryngitis that had me down for 5 months until my first surgery this year which was a sinus surgery. Then down again for recovery after that. It was a hellatious year for me. My body maybe just went wtf?!? ;) Don't judge your weight loss to others. I was also 336lbs when I had surgery. The bigger you are the faster you lose. Just trust the process and your instincts. Do what your doctor says and you'll do fantastic we all will!! I also can't stomach much solid food right now. I eat mostly chicken Soup, yogurt, cottage cheese and fudge pops! Lol oh and frozen yogurt pops...yum. So maybe not eating much solid food...I don't know. And oh yeah, left aide pain where the rny is...still hurts... at times, a lot.

I had mine on the 15th also and I have pain in my lower stomach while sitting and laying down at times. My surgeon said that my stomach is still healing and it adjusting to the change in food! I have been losing at a steady pace and am down 22lbs in two weeks.

Edited by leanora27801