Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ahhh, pre-surgery jitters!

Thank you ALL! Sorry for the late reply- I don't have a computer at home and replying on my Kindle makes me crave Valium because of the touch screen keyboard (HA!).

I am feeling SO much better now. I realize that while I may not have a physical being right next to me- I have this forum and some other Facebook groups I joined this weekend.

I am less and less nervous and time goes by!

ALSO- I went to the doctors office today and saw my favorite Nurse Practitioner just to tell her 'Hey, I am going to MX to have surgery, just a heads up' and also to notify someone here in case I have complications or issues with wound healing. She said she was SO proud of me for taking some steps to get healthy. I had been expecting to hear 'No!! Don't do it!' But nope.

The pre-op diet sucks, btw. But my nerves are evening out! Woot wooooot!

What a relief to know that a medical professional you trust supports your decision! Now we just gotta make it to the day. BOOM.

@@RedSalamander For sure! I am super relieved that she was pretty cool with it. She also ran a ton of blood labs for me (waiting for results) to make sure I am not anemic or anything.

But yeah, I got a pat on the back and nice, supportive feedback.

I was also told not to pick up cigarettes when I am all done. I am/was a smoker. However, I was sick prior to pre-op and didn't smoke until New Years Eve. Then, I had to quit the next day. I am seriously contemplating quitting for good. I mean...why not?

Well, off to go back to work. THE HORROR! :D

Wow...I feel the same as all you guys..it makes me feel im not alone. But on my journey ive akways gone to the appointments alone as no one has really offered. I know its nice to have company..but ive always been alone..always had to rely on myself. Now ive foundcout the friend who saidcwould help me post op..wont even bring the subject up or talk about it. So i guess I be on my own healing. Now also the journey on day of surgery (28th January) will be alone..It really upsets me when people make promises they cant keep. I just wish theyd be honest..as now its messed up my plans..ive never let anyone down..butvwhen I meed a favour in return...not one hand goes up.

I have the jitters so bad!! My appointment is Jan 19th and I can't stop thinking about it! I think I'm stressing myself out because I can't sleep at all. The other night I was so tired but was wide awake until 4:30 am! That has never happened to me. It makes for one grumpy momma when I have to get up with my kids at 7:30. I am so nervous! I am so so happy for the change coming my way but my anxiety is kicking in big time and I'm struggling. Good luck to all of you!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

I am trying to keep my mind off of it by looking at my calendar and keeping my mind on the things that are coming up. Also, paying bills earlier, in case I have a hard time with recovery, getting my house in shape, cleaning up and doing laundry in advance of the day will help keep me occupied.

Not to mention swimming every day.

Although today I am hurting so badly. My back is really bothering me. I have thrown it out again. Just another reason for me to want this surgery. I am so tired of hurting.

Well....I have five days to go and I am starting to feel the jitters and pressure. It doesn't help that my meralgia pasthetica (pain in the thigh) is starting to flare up. I am really looking forward to getting it over with and starting on the path to better eating and habits. I haven't been able to work out much in a formal workout, but I have been super busy like everyone else trying to re-organize things, painting, changing my room around, etc.

Not sure who else has 1/12 as their date, but I will be sure to post how I make out on Monday once I'm stabelized in my room. Best wishes again to everyone and I'm looking forward to all the pictures and updates on your success!

@@GingerDiane I am sorry to hear your support person backed out :( That totally sucks! On the bright side, you have this forum- and there are also a few other Facebook pages that I recently joined that have been SUPER helpful as far as support goes. Just search for 2015 sleevers and January 2015 sleevers. Good luck- and we are all here for you!

@@Jana64 I hope your back feels better soon, too! :( We are almost there, right?! :)

@@shizwiz i'm sorry to hear that you're Möms down with neck surgery, that's no fun.. But on the up and out I will be in Mexico at the same time in the same town and you could borrow my mom if needed! Lol

It's very close now down to the wire.. After being on a liquid diet for 10 days now, I start my clears tomorrow... How have you been doing?? PS, this is really happening!!!

@@staceytapia thank you :)

I am doing quite well actually! My jitters have gone away, I am really calm and just ready for this to happen. Sure, I might be nervous prior to surgery, but that is normal and expected.

How are you doing?

@@staceytapia thank you :)

I am doing quite well actually! My jitters have gone away, I am really calm and just ready for this to happen. Sure, I might be nervous prior to surgery, but that is normal and expected.

How are you doing?

I am glad you are feeling peaceful. I think your surgery is the first.

Staceytapia, when is yours?

Jana

@@Jana64 I hope your back feels better soon, too! :( We are almost there, right?! :)

Thank you, my back is doing much better.

Jana

I am glad you are feeling peaceful. I think your surgery is the first.

Staceytapia, when is yours?

Jana

good morning Jana! I leave for Mexico on the 15th, being from Arizona luckily we were able to drive. My surgery is scheduled for January 17!!! Bringing my mom & sister along for company.. I am going through Trinity Medical... How about you?