Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sick, hungry, headache

I am on my 3rd day in the liquid diet with very little to eat. Veggies and some fruit. I'm so sick to my stomach and have headache since I started and am hungry also. Is anyone experiencing the same thing or did you? 1/5/2015 surgery date. Not sure I'm gonna make it. I keep thinking there has to be another way,

This is only the beginning of your jouirney. You will learn to love your stomach after you have your surgery. Its not a easy journey but it is one that well worth the process that you will have to go through. Personally I was only required to do a liquid diet 24 hours prior to surgery. But I was required to stop drink soft drinks and increase my Water in take. I was told to stop the fried foods but was able to have anything baked. What all are you allowed to eat at this point? besides veggies and fruit?

Yep, headache, fatigue and very crabby during my 16 day preop. The headaches got better after 3 days, but I stayed hungry and grumpy the whole time. Day 14 was my worst.

But now it's all a distant memory and well worth every single minute. Just a measly 2 weeks out of your entire life! Time to suck it up... No one said it was easy.

msreiana, only veggies and som fruit and Protein Drink. Haven't had soda in 6 months, no fast food or fried foods for 6 months. My prep is for 10 tens. I'm 3 days in

Kindle- I hear ya, but the headaches and hunger are killing me. I have read on here where there was no pre op diet. I'm amazed at that.

Exact same feeling! My surgery is also jan 5! I have been on liquid diet since last Monday! I have hardly lost anything which makes it more upsetting! I have not had a coffee since last Sunday and I was getting headaches but I think it was lack of caffeine! It will get better (headache)! Just want the next week to go by fast!

Exact same feeling! My surgery is also jan 5! I have been on liquid diet since last Monday! I have hardly lost anything which makes it more upsetting! I have not had a coffee since last Sunday and I was getting headaches but I think it was lack of caffeine! It will get better (headache)! Just want the next week to go by fast!

Your date will be here before you know it and it will be the best choice and worth all the headache and hunger pains.

Sammie's,On my way! Did the headaches go away!

Is there actually anyone who didn't cheat on a 14 day preop liquid diet? I am getting nervous that I will screw up.

I had the same problems when I started my pre op diet. I felt so crappy I almost called out sick for work and then when I got there almost left early. I woke up with a headache everyday for the first 3 days but it gradually subsided as my body started getting used to the low calories. I don't know exactly what you're eating but I do 4 Protein shakes, a palm sized piece of chicken and a cup of veg daily. I don't get hungry and sometimes have to force that 4th Protein shake because by the end of the night I feel a little nauseous and will have a nasty taste in my mouth. It will get better for you in a few days. I started my diet 12/22 so it's been 6 or so days and I feel pretty good. My energy is a roller coaster but it's much better than the first couple days.

Try some Vitamin Water Zero or G2, the electrolytes will help with the headaches.

@@FaeChan I have 2 Protein Drinks a day, I'm allowed veggies, fruit, sugar free Jello and sugar free Popsicles, broth and I think that's it. It's hard, very hard. My 3rd day in. 7 more to go!

Propel?

Is there actually anyone who didn't cheat on a 14 day preop liquid diet? I am getting nervous that I will screw up.

I never cheated on pre or post op. Followed orders to a T. Which meant a total of 34 days on liquids. WLS is much more of a mental game than a physical one. If you let yourself cheat once, it's just going to be easier to cheat the next time. And in the end, I feel just as good about winning the daily head games as I do about losing the pounds. Stay strong....

Edited by Kindle