Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why don't more people use Genepro?

Seems like... the more I read, the more people are having a HARD time getting in enough protien right after having WLS. Why don't people just add a tablespoon of GENEPRO protien into their broth etc? Seems easy enough to me. Am I missing something here? Do people not know about GENEPRO? Hitting your Protein target seems easy this way. So why don't more people do it? Is it a cost thing?? I am still 4 months away from surgery, so I am trying to get this all figured out... :)

I'm not sure why more people don't use GENEPRO, but I love it. I've been using it since after surgery and so far so good. It may be because you have to order it online and some folks don't want to wait. I've seen skeptics and downright haters of this particular product because it seems unbelievable to them that it could do what it claims to do. Kinda like my grandmother the first time she saw me with a cell phone.

I didn't find out about it until I was about a month out on this forum. I wish I had know as I really like it. I hope it does have exactly what it claims. I don't like the taste and texture with powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury.

~LA

Before I ordered it online I asked my nutritionist about it and if it was okay and she gave me the green light. I ordered some and I probably won't use anything else.

I like it because it doesn't have an overwhelming taste and literally mixes into everything quite well. I put in tea, sweet potatoes, Soups, yogurts, milk etc. Literally anything I need to to bump up my Protein.

I purchase 2 at a time, and yes it's pricy but the way I see it is it all evens out because I'm not spending a lot on food anymore. And if it will help me make those Protein goals with ease it's worth it!

Good luck,

Sheena :-)

I had never heard of it when I was in my early stages but I never really had a problem with meeting Protein goals. Un jury unflavored and dozens of other Protein powders and shakes worked just fine for me. That being said, the company's claims do seem to be scientifically questionable, so like Rocky1, I'd like to see independent analysis, including absorption rate and bioavailability. Is it a complete protein profile, containing all essential amino acids? I can't find any of the usual data that would clarify this.

The company itself seems less than legitimate to me once I looked at the other products they sell....all "fad" supplements that claim to boost libido, burn fat, build muscle, increase testosterone, enhance male performance, etc. And of course, they all include the statement "these claims have not been evaluated by the FDA" . Here's the description of one of their products called "Kranked"....kind of hard to take them seriously.

post-182221-0-47294600-1419716416_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kindle

Well I didn't hear about till I joined here. I'm waiting on my first order to come in. Since my stomach can't handle the shakes anymore I need the extra help. So I can only hope and pray it is what they say it is. Right now I use the Unjury unflavored but I'm still not eating enough to reach my goals. Yesterday was the first day I completed meals and still only got 38g of Protein.< /p>

I have been using since after surgery. I use it every morning. I put a scoop in my 32oz of Decaf tea for my Breakfast. I get in my Protein and my liquid at the same time.

I feel great, have energy and have been losing consistently since surgery, My doc has me doing two shakes and one small meal. I do my Protein tea in the morning, a RTD premiere Protein shake for lunch and the I eat my protein for dinner with my family. My doc also has me doing no Snacks and so far I'm not hungry between meals (maybe cause I am drinking my water).

It mixes so nicely into everything. I love it!!!!

I have used it since I started the pre-op diet. I hope it isn't crap because it is working well for me.

My nut said the Protein in it is supposed to be absorbed in the stomach, not the lower digestive track, therefore with our tiny stomachs we will not get the full effect of it and it isn't backed by any proven science, it isn't recommended.