Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 15th, 2015 Anyone?

How is everyone feeling since there surgery .... as for me last night was ok I woke up around 230 with a little discomfort and had to take some pain Med and a chewable gas tablet ...on top of that I think I have a upper respiratory infection so I made an appointment for this morning so I can get an antibiotic other than that I'm pretty good...trying to stay hydrated haven't really eaten since I've been home just mostly SF popsicles and some Protein supplement ...

I'm surprisingly feeling good. Walked down the driveway and back with no problems it must have gotten things moving cuz I've released a bunch of gas tmi I know. But I wasn't having gas pains anyway. I'm drinking my first Protein Shake and I've had about 26 oz Water mixed with Powerade zero already. I have a tad bit of pain after I swallow sometimes. But other than that I just can't believe im doing so well. Been thanking the Lord all morning.

@@JenniferO2188

Did I miss post? If so sorry! U home and feeling better I hope..?

@@dar81 I'm home! the gas pains I had are gone for now at least I just have bad pain when I sit up or try to lay down but it's only day 2 and it seems to be normal. Thank you so much for checking up on me! You're awesome. Your day is coming soon! ????

Hi everyone finally sleeved! Came home Friday night. For me it was more pain than I thought there was going to be. I had a low grade fever after my surgery and they was concerned about my blood pressure. I slept the whole surgery night with morphine and right after surgery my oxygen levels kept dropping and they gave me more oxygen to help. I have been walking, still in some pain. Hard to get comfortable. Hurts some when I swallow. Have been sick to my stomach. Glad the surgery is over. Having a hard time consuming things. How is everyone? I hope everyone is well! I said a prayer for everyone. Yay we are sleeved!!! :lol:

Good morning! Here it goes....got to be at hospital in less than a hour.

Thanks for all the support on found in these forums and congrats to all you brand new sleevers!!!

Surgery day for me too today! Up and getting ready to leave...see you on the other side ;)

WELL HOW IS EVERYONE???

Ok. Made it through day zero post op. Felt like I did a bazillion crunches and today maybe just a zillion.

"Gas or belly air" hurt my shoulders worse than my belly I think but still manageable on the pain scale. Would've been nice to be warned of that And I finally peed'd again so I get to go home today!!!

Looking forward to at least being in my own home.

Champagne and any other sleevers this week...best of luck and speedy recovery.

Ok. Made it through day zero post op. Felt like I did a bazillion crunches and today maybe just a zillion.

"Gas or belly air" hurt my shoulders worse than my belly I think but still manageable on the pain scale. Would've been nice to be warned of that And I finally peed'd again so I get to go home today!!!

Looking forward to at least being in my own home.

Champagne and any other sleevers this week...best of luck and speedy recovery.

I never had any shoulder passion, mostly just under my diaphragm. I will say my nurse kinda discouraged pain meds other than the iv Tylenol because it makes people nauseous so I kept holding off and holding off, wish I hasn't done that. I finally had some liquid pain med and felt so much better. Glad to hear you're doing good. Three short walls a day after I got home helped so much.

Walking is helping. Finally farted TMI but made some difference.

Discharged a few hours ago. Coming home to three excited dogs and a family that really wasn't sure how to handle things was rough.

A few pot holes later, some liquid Tylenol and a nice long nap I'm doing much better. Trying some minestrone broth and one oz Isopure non flavored Protein.

I take it thought he Tylenol counts as fluids!!! Didn't realize the restriction yesterday but am today.

Sipping my oz items now.

How's everyone else?

Well everyone, I am home now...sore, but alright. I was feeling really good @ 6pm on the very first day, and I was walking and all, then it quickly changed. All of a sudden I was in pain and horribly nauseous. I vomited a total of 3 times between midnight and 8am. Apparently they thought maybe at first I was just sensitive to meds, then they thought morphine was the culprit, so they gave me delotid(sp?) and as soon as that hit my veins I was sick again. They finally pulled me off all narcotics, and gave me toradol(?), which is a strong iv version of ibuprofen, and phenergen(sp?) for the nausea and that finally worked! I wasn't advanced to liquids until 8pm on day two, and that was just sips of Water. This morning I started Clear Liquids and it's been well tolerated. I don't have much pain, just very sore and the occasional gas pressure. They said I could advance to full liquids, but I think I'm going to take it easy for a couple of days. I am very happy to be home tonight and in my own comfy bed. :)

Edited by champagne301