Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 15th, 2015 Anyone?

Day 3 and day 4 were horrible for me. Day 5 wasn't so bad at all. Day 6 was even easier.

Awesome that you didn't give in. I do that in the late evenings and know that when I wake up in the morning I will feel better, not have those cravings, and be so glad that I didn't give in. But I have to say that my dr changed my diet from two weeks to one, so technically I don't have to start til this thurs but I ate yesterday and I'm starting over today. Been on it since Jan 1st exception for a couple meals so I know it won't kill me lol

Edited by downsizingdiva

Just got my date today and I am scheduled for January 19th! I haven't been put on any Pre-Op diet yet, but I have my Pre-Op appointment scheduled for this coming Thursday, so I am sure I will find out then what kind of diet it will be, since I will be less than 2 weeks from my surgery date. I'd like to stay in contact with those close to my date as well :)

Hey champagne! That's great! Very excited for you! Keep in touch!

Edited by downsizingdiva

I am so excited and happy, today is a week since I started my preop diet and I have lost 11lbs. ???????????? Surgery is on Thursday, I can not believe its almost here.

That's great! I'm so glad we're on the same date!

So, I had my pre-op appointment, which included instructions on both pre-op and post-op diets, bloodwork and final meeting with my surgeon. Funny that I didn't have any questions for him, lol. I've been researching this forever, or so it seems anyway ;) I don't have to do an all liquid diet, just have to stay under 1000 calories, which isn't that bad at all. He asked me if I was nervous, and I'm not the slight bit as of yet. Anyone here getting nervous yet? How is everyone doing?

Edited by champagne301

I had my time being nervous a few weeks ago. Wrote a "just in case" letter to my family. I don't know why I wrote it but it made me feel better. I'm not nervous much now, just can't wait. Still watching the calendar like a little kid. I haven't had many questions for my surgeon either because I've done so much research. I only had the more technical questions for him. He was surprised by my questions and could tell I had a firm grasp on the situation. I'm doing good, liquid diet, a lot of hunger off and on since I'm still cooking for my family. I'm only a little nervous about catching a cold or flu. I would flip if I had to cancel. But I'm so excited.

Edited by downsizingdiva

My sister asked me if I was nerves or scared and I told her no. I am leaving everything in Gods hands. I have been doing good with my preop diet and I am praying that continues after surgery. I have been stressing about not starting my period because I do not want to be on it during surgery. I was actually excited that I started this morning.

Hi everyone! My surgery is Jan. 15,2015 6 days before my birthday. This is the best birthday present ever! :lol: Good luck to everyone and let's all keep in touch! Is everyone nervous? :)

Hey @@mommyoftwogirls! So excited to have buddies! I'm not nervous...at the moment anyway. I can't believe it's finally so close seems like I've waited an eternity. 10 months is pretty close to eternity in wls world anyway ha.

You guys are about the 5th ppl talking about 2 week clear liquid diet...I didn't have to do that..it may be better in the long run if you do that..good luck guys

Oh gosh I was doing good until my dr decided one week was enough when I had been doing it early anyway, then when he said that I went and ate because I really had 3 days before I really had to start according to him, bad mistake, if I would have just stayed on it I wouldn't have had a hard time the last few days.

Edited by downsizingdiva

Jan 15th. Oh yes I started on Jan 1st, then at my appointment on the 5th he said one week would be fine. Well I went out to eat that day and the next night. So basically I started over wednesday. I had til Thursday but I just wanted to get back on track. Anyway, if i had just stayed on it instead of eating out those two days, even though I was allowed to, I would probably have not had it so hard this time. Saturday night i though I was gonna lose my mind with head hunger and that's not like me. Anyway, evenings are the hardest for me. So I've only got three more to go.