Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So good to hear from you! It really does feel good when people notice. Can you believe you are almost two weeks post-op?! I will be 3 weeks tomorrow. Crazy how fast it seems to be going.

Interesting about the Iron. I had a similar reaction to B12. My energy spiked.

I still struggle with puréed foods. I find I have very little desire to eat, and I'm relying on the shakes probably more than I should. Let me know if you find something particularly yummy.

Thanks for checking Onward...I am 36 hours away from surgery and I am surprisingly good. I agree, pre-op is definitely a mental prep! I am craving foods like crazy but I haven't cheated once (which is rare for me during diets!) I'm not a big Water drinker so that has been difficult but trying my best. I feel I've got a good grip on nerves going into surgery, some anxiety and worry I don't want to go through with it but I quickly remind myself of why I started this journey to begin with. I am counting down the days until I can have solid foods again! Everyone else doing okay?

@ Mariah13 hang in there. The post op is very difficult. I understand you're feelings of possibly not going through with it. I was the same way. The day of surgery I posted that I wanted to change my mind. In the end I am so glad I did it. You will do excellent. I look forward to hearing about you're progress were all here rooting for you!!!!!!

@@Mariah13 we are all going to be post-op together soon! Pulling for you! Keep us in the loop and if you want to talk about ANYTHING, don't hesitate.

Hi guys! SO HAPPY to hear that all of you are doing so well! Keep the posts coming - including the good, bad, and the ugly - let's be in this together!

My surgery is one month away. I'm anxious and excited to get it done, but the extra time is giving me more time to get prepared.

I've been having some serious freak outs lately. The most recent and probably biggest freak out came after hearing about two people who gained most, if not all, of their weight back after surgery. This scared the you know what out of me. You know why these stories are so scary for us.. Because we've already failed every single other time we've tried to lose weight. Gaining back at least some of the weight is a realistic fear.

So I've been thinking about it a lot. Here's what I've realized. I will, for certain, lose weight and keep it off for at least a few years because I'm committed to working hard and making this surgery work for me. If I gain some of it back over the years, let's say 50% of it over 5-8 years, I will still be much lighter than I currently am.

Also, without the surgery, I would probably be gaining over the next few years rather than losing, so by having the surgery, I believe that even if the worst happens and I end up gaining, I will still be less than I would have been - hopefully by a significant amount.

I just had to work through all of this. Of course my commitment is to a life change, but I'm dealing with a 40 year old addiction and that still scares me.

After the freak out subsided, I once again realized how grateful I am for this opportunity. This is going to help me change my life in such a positive and significant way. I know I will do the hard work because that's what I do - now, though, I will have a super tool to help support me with my efforts.

I remember coming to that exact mindset. Because of it, when I began the pre op diet, I started a week early during the Thanksgiving holiday, and yet, it was clear that something had changed for me. I was more faithful and determined than ever before. 35 lbs later, I know that this is a gift...the second chance I prayed for is really and truly here. I'm embracing and respecting it.

Everything now is up to me, and I like and trust me. I have a few challenges, but this is doable like never before! I want this for everyone who wants this for themselves. It was worth every challenge and any I still may face.

You know what I want to do with this new group of ours, folks who recently had the surgery? I want us to list non-scale victories. Almost every day, some cool new thing happens for me that is related to the weight loss. I want us to share those with each other as we discover them!

Scheduled for surgery jan 12 .....the preop diet has me turned into a wind bag ... I feel so bloated and I have a hard time with getting In the Water along with the Liquid Protein .....glaaaaaaaaa I'm drowning !

How are you coming along? You must be doing all liquids now, right.? Keep us in the loop. Cheering you on!

Overwhelmingly frustrated...was at the surgery center this morning ready to be called back when they told me surgery was cancelled because the surgeon was sick. All the prep- mentally and physically- just to be sent home. Waiting for a reschedule date. Sad. :(

@@Mariah13 Aw man that sucks! So sorry that you had to go through that. Hopefully they get you rescheduled soon.

@@Mariah13 hang in there it will happen. At least the surgon had enough Sense not to come to work. If he was sick and did the surgery you could have come down with what he had.

About two weeks before my procedure I went to Minnisota. While I was there I went into a Sears and bought a belt. When I got the belt back to the hotel to put it on it was too small. However as of today the belt fits. What a good feeling!!!!!!!!

My biggest surprise after surgery was not being able to lay down flat on my bed. I pretty much stayed on my recliner couch for about 6 weeks. Also the first day I went back to work after about 10 days post surgery...I hurt so bad sitting up in my chair all day. It was so different from sitting in my recliner at home! It helped a lot to wear a body shaper - just having the extra support did wonders for my comfort

I had surgery Oct 18. At that time I was wearing a size 22/24 pants. Walking through the parking lot today I felt my underwear sliding down inside my pants! I have a belt for my pants but clearly I need new underwear! I did go to the store and slipped right into a size 18 which made me very happy.

About two weeks before my procedure I went to Minnisota. While I was there I went into a Sears and bought a belt. When I got the belt back to the hotel to put it on it was too small. However as of today the belt fits. What a good feeling!!!!!!!!

What a terrific NSV for you!

Thinking about you, jbrooks. Let us know how things are going.