Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone use Optifast 800 shakes pre-op and/or post/op?

I am on those for Pre-Op

Being post op you're trying to get as much Protein as possible in as little amount Premiere has seem to be the best for me 30g of Protein with only 5g of carbs 160 calories per 11oz. I also enjoy Pure Protein which is a bit thicker, has 23g of protein and 4 g of carbs and 120 calories per 11oz. My doctor wanted something with more than 20g of protein with low carbs and sugar and not too many calories. Not sure what the amount of carbs look like in Optifast but if it's anything significant your doctor will probably advise against it at least post op that is. :)

I'm revising to sleeve from band and my Dr uses them Pre Op and Post Op. I like the taste.

I'm surprised they are approved by your doctor. They have more carbs than Protein. Sugar and corn Syrup solids are 2 of the first 5 ingredients! I read the label and crossed them off my list immediately. There are a lot better choices out there with way more protein and much lower (or no) carbs.

My surgeon requires 2 week of Optifast before my surgery. And advice of the flavors (chocolate, vanilla or strawberry) I should get or any I should avoid.

I'm on my 3 rd day of opti fast. The premix is alot better than the powdered, I have the vanilla and strawberry. First day was rough. Yesterday was a little easier. Lol. My surgery is sch for Jan 12

I'm on my 3 rd day of opti fast. The premix is alot better than the powdered, I have the vanilla and strawberry. First day was rough. Yesterday was a little easier. Lol. My surgery is sch for Jan 12

Mldavis1969, you're in Delaware too? Are you going through Chrias?

Yes Kabby Chick. I live in smyrna and going through Chrias. Dr Peters. Did you have your surgery?

Yes Kabby Chick. I live in smyrna and going through Chrias. Dr Peters. Did you have your surgery?

Dr Peters is my surgeon too. No surgery yet, it's looking like I'll be scheduled in February so you're about a month ahead of me. I have my final Nut class next Wed and they called yesterday and move my clearance appt to next Friday. How long after your clearance appt did you get your surgery date?

costco has the Premier ones on sale - case of 18 for $20. So far I like the taste of the chocolate and strawberry. The vanilla seems bland to me.

My doctor has not said I need to be on a diet pre op ... Except for one day of Clear liquids the day before. But since everything I have read, many do. I thought I would do it anyway. So I'm doing 3 shakes during the day and a small carb free dinner. Is that what most pre op diets follow?

I like all flavors powder and liquid of Optifast. However I just read my Nut instructions and Optifast has too many sugars. I just tried Vitamin shoppes whey isolate and it was good. Going to buy some premier to try and I have Unjury samples that are due to be delivered Monday

After my clearance appt. it was 1 week. the office called and made an appt with the dr. peters. Then once the ins was approved i was called to sch surgery. My ins was approved right before christmas on the 23rd.

After my clearance appt. it was 1 week. the office called and made an appt with the dr. peters. Then once the ins was approved i was called to sch surgery. My ins was approved right before christmas on the 23rd.

Thanks for the info! Hope your pre-op is going well!