Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last night at two in the morning had to make an emergency trip to the pharmacy for milk of magnesia. Ugh.

Got home and thank goodness I pooped. This is the worst. I don't know what to do because I can't get in enough Water and there is no Fiber in the foods I can tolerate, if I can tolerate anything at all. It's gotten to the point that I just don't want to eat anymore. :(

Ask your doctor first but you might consider pro biotics. Yogurt has the right bacteria AND Protein. I haven't had my surgery yet, I'm reading post surgeries issues to learn, so please ask your doctor or correct me if I'm totally wrong.

I've had to take pro biotics for about a year now and am fine but again I haven't had surgery yet

Hi,

I've also found that these Natural Constipation Remedies work well for me:

1. Probiotics and Digestive Enzymes - take these nutrients during meals and also between meals to get Probiotics into the colon.

2. Flaxseed - use 2 tablespoons of raw flaxseeds and add them to your salad. You can ground them up and mix them into salads, Soups after they have cooled off, and into health smoothies.

3. Aloe Vera juice or capsules - use a quarter cup of juice or capsules as directed on the label. You can experiment to see how much you need before you see results.

4. Natural Remedy for chronic constipation: mix 5000 - 7000 mg of ascorbic acid, Vitamin C, powder with 1500 mg of magnesium oxide powder. Mix this into a glass of fresh orange or grapefruit juice. You can use a buffered Vitamin C to reduce stomach upset.

You control how you want to cure your body. No drug or laxative will do the job for you. Give your body the help it needs by using natural constipation remedies and eating the right kinds of food.

P.S. Beware!!! Not all natural constipation remedies are safe to your long digestive health. Find out what they are at http://fullnomore.com

I am 7 days post surgery and have not pooped yet. I started Miralax, Colace caps and dulcelax suppositories. I fart all the time but it stops at that. I hope something happens soon !

I am 7 days post surgery and have not pooped yet. I started miralax, Colace caps and dulcelax suppositories. I fart all the time but it stops at that. I hope something happens soon !

Never, I say Never trust a fart!!! You've got a loaded gun with all that in you!

4 tablespoons of Milk of Magnesia every other day, works like a charm for me.

I take 3Xs the normal dose of Miralax per my docs order! Works well but sometimes hard to swallow.

I used to have a very hard time with swallowing pills. Over time, I think the swelling in my throat subsided, and now it is very easy for me. I swallow the colace capsule. I have learned that Water makes a huge difference.

Smooth Move tea is the best. It's made from senna leaves and natural and you will go to the bathroom

You will find it in the tea section at the grocery store.

Even when I eat Fiber I still have a hard time going. Once I do the tea...well it comes out lol

Also the tea feels good on my new tummy and I am still upping my liquids by drinking the tea. So for me it's a win win

Edited by bluedreams86

Probiotics, yogurt, and Water, water, water.

I'm approximately 6 week post op and Constipation issues are less of an issue than before. During the first 4 weeks it got so bad that I ran to the store at 2:30 in the morning and finally resorted to purchasing an enema and some prune juice. I zapped the prune juice in the microwave for 45 secs and sipped it before it cooled too much. I'm not sure if one of these things worked or both but between the two of them I finally found relief.

After speaking with my nurse about the constipation I took her advice and began a daily regimen of Fiber tablets. I think that they've helped tremendously and I can only assume that once you move past soft foods, your problems with constipation will decrease; that's really when mine did.

Edited by 1NaturalLoser

Smooth Move tea is the best. It's made from senna leaves and natural and you will go to the bathroom

You will find it in the tea section at the grocery store.

Even when I eat fiber I still have a hard time going. Once I do the tea...well it comes out lol

Also the tea feels good on my new tummy and I am still upping my liquids by drinking the tea. So for me it's a win win

I got some! It works. I actually like the taste, and it works! Thanks so much!