Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to Sleeve in 2015

My main point is long term success with the sleeve is related to "restriction" but it is more accurate to say it is that you get "satiated" faster. In the first year, it is fairly restrictive for most, but becomes less so over time. You need to retrain your brain...

Does anyone have any good self help books related to over eating, emotional eating, etc. I have the The Big Gastric Sleeve Book...but looking for more of a psych type book too. food addiction, etc??

My revision went great!! I have no pain, am up walking and feel some much better than after lap band. The hardest part was the IV. Eight sticks. Eight. Oye. I am glad to be on the other side !!!

@@Jlkhollins, My story is very much like yours. Banded in Dec 2008, the most I lost was 50 lbs, then gained it, then lost it, now gained it again. My band completely "broke" in September, 2014 - I realized I had lost all restriction when I gained 19 lbs in 10 days. I did OODLES of research, found a new doctor, and I've now been back through the insurance denial and appeal process, and learned last week they have approved my revision surgery, which is scheduled for Feb 16, 2015. I am so excited I am beside myself (!!!!!), but don't want to tell anyone about it.... I have carried such shame and embarrassment for the past six years around those who knew I had a LapBand because of my failure with it. Only five people know I'm having a revision (three of which are immediate family members), but thought this could be a great venue for me to shout it from the mountaintops! :D

I give the band credit for keeping me from gaining weight (when it was working) - but it also created in me a "medical-device bulimic". With it no longer providing any restriction, I've gained 49 lbs (grrr), and my metabolism is shot.

I have high hopes that my experience and failure will keep me focused and successful in my new, "last chance", journey. Wish me luck!!!!!

@@CowgirlJane, I wanna be like you! :D

@jlkhollins- So glad you're surgery went good. Hang in there and keep us posted.

I am so excited to revise in 13 days. I lost 100 lb with the band to bmi 21 but regained 50lb due to slippage And pregnancies. I feel that I lost the weight first time round in a really unhealthy way basically because it was so hard to eat Protein and veggies! In the last two years I have really educated myself on fitness and nutrition but like all of us I just can't lose the weight (portion control is non existent!) I feel like the sleeve will give me the right appetite for the kind of life I want to live with the added benefit of no sliming, pb'ing restricted foods, fills and getting stuck.

@@CowgirlJane thanks for the post. Just got my VSG after having band x 8 yrs. Have seen a bunch of discouraging posts from some Band>VSGrs and was looking for some inspirational stories like yours.

Thank .you ladies for mentioning me. I sound like a bragging snot but I scream my success from the rooftop so that others know what might be possible.

Fight for your health and lifestyle by reaching a healthy Weight.

Thank .you ladies for mentioning me. I sound like a bragging snot but I scream my success from the rooftop so that others know what might be possible.

Fight for your health and lifestyle by reaching a healthy Weight.

You would be perfect to run a support group. I also find your posts very encouraging.

I received my band in 2009 and after struggling with constant indigestion and losing weight and gaining weight, I will get a revision on Thursday March 26! Insurance won't pay so that leaves it up to us, to pay out of pocket. I am on my liquid diet and struggling but trying to stick with it. Here's to another new beginning.

I am so excited to revise in 13 days. I lost 100 lb with the band to bmi 21 but regained 50lb due to slippage And pregnancies. I feel that I lost the weight first time round in a really unhealthy way basically because it was so hard to eat Protein and veggies! In the last two years I have really educated myself on fitness and nutrition but like all of us I just can't lose the weight (portion control is non existent!) I feel like the sleeve will give me the right appetite for the kind of life I want to live with the added benefit of no sliming, pb'ing restricted foods, fills and getting stuck.

I agree with the life you want with the sleeve and appetite. I was banned in 07 and never reached the"sweet spot"or whatever they call it. LoL. I do get stuck often, but with odd foods, like yogurt and if I drink milk or Water too quickly, are two big ones for me. I am looking forward to the sleeve, and eating with the family without them worrying. I get stuck when we eat out because I have to eat so slowly, and we are out, I think I get nervous and its almost s given I will get stuck. :'(

I had my band removed and the VSG done on Tuesday morning. I spent two nights in the hospital and came home yesterday. My biggest issue right now is the pain from gas. It seems to settle in my chest and it is almost unbearable, but it is diminishing. The pain in my abdomen is not too bad. I am strictly sticking to crystal light every 15 minutes, and begin the full liquid diet tomorrow. I will be happy to reach the solid food phase. Any advice for a newly sleeved person?

@@gresau1 I am 7 days out and can say that the GasX chewables + lots of walking seemed to really help. Gas pain was most significant for me day 1-3. Now on day 7 just some incisional tenderness. Good luck!