Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got My Date! January 6. Anyone else on or around that date?

I know what everyone is going thru i had surgery on 6 jan i dont remember doing my swallowing test that same day as of surgery i was eating chicken broth i hate it sugar free popsicles are too sweet crystal light too sweet also my favorite is cream of potatoe Soup blended in food processor and strained in metal sifter i love my decaffeinated coffee and tea ive been doing 3 to 4 laps in my house to get rid of the gas my poor husband and kids suffering severely lol something i found helpful i take half of my liquid pain meds before i eat then i take the other half when im done no nausea medication is needed

@@Fallinstar i have alot of gurgling and the sounds from my stomach are awful and embarrassing my husband is making jokes talking kids watch out your mom is ready to blow lol as much as i would enjoy the laugh i wouldn't dear do it due to the tenderness

@ - I couldn't imagine going shopping now especially for 4 hours. I don't have staples, he used glue to close me up. And cottage cheese is off limits for two more weeks for me....does anyone have the gurgling feeling in their esophagus and stomach every time they eat or drink anything? It is so getting on my nerves.

My doctor approved liquids, plain yogurt, cottage cheese, and hummus. I hear everything that goes into my mouth...I hope this changes over time.

My incision sites hurt worse than the tenderness in my belly. Once I get up, I feel fine. Once I sit down, I feel fine. But the transition up and down feels like a knife cutting my stitches. Getting out of the house for the first time today. Hoping this helps speed up the healing process!

My incision sites hurt worse than the tenderness in my belly. Once I get up, I feel fine. Once I sit down, I feel fine. But the transition up and down feels like a knife cutting my stitches. Getting out of the house for the first time today. Hoping this helps speed up the healing process!

How was your first day out i went out today also my first day out i went to the grocery store i was a little worn out after stomach just feels like i did a million sit ups

Spent a few hours just wandering the mall and finally gave up due to sheer exhaustion. Still very sore. Have my first follow up this morning. Tired of Clear Liquids so I'm hoping I get to add some creamed Soups and Protein Shakes today.

I seem to be the only one that is having a very hard time with this. Yesterday was my first day out of the house and it took all I had just to go to church. My back and right side is very painful when I stand just for a few minutes. I have not been able to get even half my intake in due to every sip is painful. This morning has seem to go a tad better with the sipping. I also have my first follow up this afternoon. Mixed feeling about it. There wasn't much communication and interaction with my surgeon before surgery. His nurses and staff took care of everything. I think I found out why. The way he talks down to his patients like they are idiots and have gone into this like they know nothing, was very hurtful when I made a call into him Saturday evening. He talked to me like I was a 2 year old and trying to stuff a double cheeseburger down my throat. I called him because I was concerned that I couldn't get down any Protein, had only been able to get about 30 oz of Water in since Wednesday, and felt a huge knot above my large right incision. I told him I had tried to take about 5 one half teaspoons of broth in in about 10 minutes and every half teaspoon hurt. He said well 5 teaspoons is too much. I said, I didn't say full teaspoons, I said half teaspoons. He still didn't hear me. He said you need to take 4 or 5 teaspoons and then wait 10 minutes more so and do it again. His lack of not listening to what his patients are saying scares me. He has a great success rate. I don't doubt his abilities as a surgeon but his bedside manners SUCK! Not sure how I am going to handle our visit today. Part of me tells me to just go in, let him check me out and then leave. The other part wants to express how I feel about him. He hasn't personally had this surgery, so he can't possibly imagine how any of us feel and what feels normal and what doesn't. All of his words are based on textbooks. I am not the least bite sorry I had this surgery but am somewhat regretful it was with him. Not seeing him the 6 months throughout the wait should have thrown caution lights I guess. Some people can tolerate a bad attitude and I can too to a degree but DO NOT treat me like I am an idiot and went into this surgery blindsided and act like I am not "playing by the rules". I have worked hard to get to where I am this very day. All his nurses said they wished all their patients were as organized and a go getter like I was. Please don't think I am bragging on myself. I just did as I was told or asked. They made the statements. Anyone have any of the same problems or ideas on how to handle it? I am glad all seem to be doing well and God bless you all as you continue on with your journey, those still recovering and those yet to have their surgery.

Edited by Fallinstar

Aww, hope its ok!

Are your incisions still that red? Are you on an antibiotic?

@ Fallinstar, I'm sorry you aren't feeling very well. Please remember we will all recover at our own speed and unfortunately you might not recover as quickly as some others. I am in that same boat right next to you!

My incision sites don't hurt but the staples are itching and I don't have a follow-up till Wednesday. LOTS of pain every time I try to stand up, sit down, lay down. I thought about leaving the house and it is super freaking cold here in Kansas City and it makes my entire abdomen hurt so I haven't left the house yet and probably won't until my follow-up on Wednesday.

As far as food goes, I'm just today starting to have a few teaspoons of creamed Soup and it gave me such bad gas, might be going back to Protein shakes for a few more days. I just keep telling myself that this will all be worth it in the end, just need to be patient and remember my health will be better for this. Hang in there! :-)

@@Fallinstar I'm so sorry you're dealing with all that drama with the surgeon! Rapport with the surgeon is so important to being successful in this process. I'm so blessed with an amazing surgeon and office staff. But if you do get along with his staff, definitely stay in contact with them. They can help be the go between you and him....how did the follow up appt go today?

Had my follow up today. I've lost 8 pounds since surgery, 13 since starting pre op. But who wouldn't when you're not able to ingest anything other than Water and broth. lol!

Was able to start back on shakes and creamy thin Soups. Been able to have several spoonfulls and then DONE! Not supposed to drink for 30 minutes after eating...an hour later, still trying to sip on some Water and having difficulty.

I can't eat. I won't eat. But I have to say the desire to just stuff my face is not gone. I still fight that at every turn!

Third day in hospital and am hoping to go home this afternoon. Had some pretty painful moments yesterday and there were tears as I questioned why i did this to myself! It'll all be worth it, right?!

I asked myself the same thing the day after surgery. ... but now I'm almost 1 week out and I feel good and i have lost 15lbs since surgety!

My follow-up isn't until Friday...can't wait to get these staples out...can't stand them. I'm hoping for a big loss. I didn't weigh at home the morning of surgery so I don't have good data...I went back to work Monday (one week post op). Monday wasnt bad, Tuesday I was exhausted. Today was good, I even went walking for thirty minutes after I got home. I've been able to get 1/2 c of creamed Soup down...seems like a lot.

I couldn't imagine going back to work a week after my surgery! You are a very strong woman! Kudos to you!

What stage of foods are y'all on? I'm full liquids: shakes, cream Soups, pudding, etc. I have to say I'm so excited about getting to purees! I've found several ideas on Pinterest and just ready for something that tastes like real food!

Hello ladies, I am on Day 2 post op (surgery was Wed morning) and I am in horrible pain! Standing up and sitting down my body just screams...is this normal? I'm assuming after a major surgery iris but want some reassurance. Thanks!

Was normal for me! I'm almost 2 weeks out and just now feeling back to myself.