Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've lost 45 pounds but.......

I'm in the same boat you're in. The way I see it, I'm still fat. At least, to most people. But that doesn't mean I can't enjoy how far I've come. What works for me is trying on old clothes in smaller sizes and seeing how they fit. I can wear all my 16s now, and most of my 14s. Very inspiring!

It'll probably take awhile for your head to catch up, but we are looking better! Be kind to yourself.

I with you guys too.

I've gone from a size 20 to 12 and I feel so big. Maybe it's the aching joints and flabby bod. Not sure. I just want to keep working to get the rest off.

I also pick up a pair of pants or shirt and pause to think if they'll fit because they look like they're not mine.

Weird how our minds work ...or don't work. Lol.

Same here I am down 40 and cant tell the only way is my close fit better and are loose. Im thinking another 20 lbs I will notice. Your not alone Im just affraid that at goal I still will see myself fat in the mirror.. I have to pay close attention to that because I dont want to have body morphing issues on top of it all.

Hello everyone's I'm about 10 weeks post open and I've lost a total of 45 pounds but how come I still see the fat girl in the mirror....I go to the gym every other day and spend an hour doing cardio and weight training on the areas I need worked on...

Yes I'm losing inches (I'm a sized 16 from 18) but still look in the mirror and I see no change...what do you do to keep being motivated... I'm starting to slack on my eating habits with grazing on pistachios and walnuts. I need some help

Don't buy what you can't eat w/o binging. If you can't stop yourself from bingeing on nuts only buy single serving packs when you need them.

I'm nearly 50lbs down and I only notice small changes. My shirts all got weird because my boobs are shrinking and my seatbelt in the car feels loser. I started at 414 so I think it will just take a little longer to see the difference.

If the scale isn't cooperating, focus on your clothing. Do NOT start slacking; that will only sabotage your program. Occasional nuts are okay, but I find that when I start eating them I have a hard time stopping, and it slows down my progress. We all tend to look in the mirror, and what looks back at us is the weight we still need to lose. You're so early in the process. Before too long, you should start seeing real changes. Look forward to the new you, not backward. If you keep making the right choices, it will come off - promise!

Some days I feel like I look amazing, some I feel like a busted can o biscuits. Body image is a funny thing. As for the grazing on nuts, etc. I'll put them in a dish which helps, or store then at home and bring only one serving to work as my snack so I can't over do it. If I still find I don't have control, I'll give up a particular snack for a while and find a new fav. One that comes in a single serve package so I'm not tempted to graze.

Yes I'm losing inches (I'm a sized 16 from 18) but still look in the mirror and I see no change...what do you do to keep being motivated... I'm starting to slack on my eating habits with grazing on pistachios and walnuts. I need some help

One of the differences I first noticed was sitting in a booth. I was a lot farther from the table than the 1/16th of an inch I had been before, lol. Also, when I am sitting and look down, I now have a lap and not a gut. One by one, you will start noticing all these differences.

I won't allow certain foods in the house because I know that I will start eating them mindlessly. Nuts are on the list. Get rid of all the things on your list.

The drop on the scale keeps me motivated, even during stalls. I know it's going to keep going down.

I totally get it. I am 8 weeks out and down a total of 38 lbs and although others see a big difference, I just don't see it. I've had some pretty awesome NSV's (being able to cross my legs, fitting into clothing that I haven't worn in over a year) but a previous poster had mentioned looking in the mirror and seeing the weight that still needs to be lost. That describes my outlook perfectly. It's hard not to compare yourself to others, whether on this board or IRL. I just try to internalize what the more experienced sleevers post over and over.....be patient, make sure to get in my Protein and Water, follow my program, and move my body. I'm not allowed to have nuts yet but I had some veggie chip( 1 freaking oz) and it was like I fed the beast. So...no more veggie chips.< /p>

The heavier you are, the more it takes to be noticeable to others, and the more it takes to go down clothing sizes. I lost about 50-60 pounds before anyone really noticed. I could tell almost right away, because I was looking for it. Yet, that same brain could never, and still really can't used to the change. It's the strangest thing - on one hand I can see that I'm thin, and on the other hand, I think I must be seeing it wrong. It's almost like somewhere in my mind I think it's too good to be true.

Once you hit a certain point, people will start noticing and you'll need new clothes more often than you can even believe. It's a good problem to have ;)