Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Illegal aliens

My fiance got out of jury duty when the lawyer asked him if the defendants legal status would sway is opinion and he said "yes, if they're here illegally, I have no issue believing they would do something else illegal".

I fully agree with this. If they would come here illegally then they have already demonstrated that they have no regard for the laws in this country.

Your fiance is correct IMHO.

its not the act of them paying taxes, it is the act of that person being here illegally. that is what is against the law, and needs to be called on.

And there are laws against employers hiring illegals. it is just not enforced. We do not need more laws or more rules. We need to enforce the ones we have.

I fully agree with this. If they would come here illegally then they have already demonstrated that they have no regard for the laws in this country.

Your fiance is correct IMHO.

I also agree completely. Every time someone breaks a law, no matter how small it seems to them, it makes it easier for them to break another law in the future. Illegal aliens have no respect for our law the moment they step onto this soil without going through the proper channels.

Doesn't it make you wonder where all that American cash goes that is flowing into the country every single day? Huge tourist money. Puerta Vallarta, Cozumel, Alcapulco, etc. I guess we all know that the government is corrupt and it is a very sad state of affairs for the lower class. They at least have a chance here of making enough money to have a decent living even if they are illegals. Beats the heck out of what they have in Mexico.

And there are laws against employers hiring illegals. it is just not enforced. We do not need more laws or more rules. We need to enforce the ones we have.

If you work in HR or any position where you are responsible for hiring people, you have to fill out an Employment Eligibility Verification form and keep it in their personnel file. They have to have:

one List A document—establishes both identity and

work authorization

OR

one List B document—to establish identity

AND

one List C document— to establish work eligibility

I always made copies of the documents and put them in with the I9.

Why do we need to clean up the mess that their govt has created? I feel bad for them, yes, but they lose all sympathy from me the moment they break the law to come here. there are so many ways for them to come here legally. Why start off your new life here in america by breaking the law? If you do it legally things are so much easier. No ducking out or hiding from the law, you can get a job anywhere, health care, education, etc. its actually a more difficult life if you start out illegally.

If you work in HR or any position where you are responsible for hiring people, you have to fill out an Employment Eligibility Verification form and keep it in their personnel file. They have to have:

one List A document—establishes both identity and

work authorization

OR

one List B document—to establish identity

AND

one List C document— to establish work eligibility

I always made copies of the documents and put them in with the I9.

I am not sure how this is a response to my comment. It is against the law to hire an illegal alien. If you hire one then you can be fined, or worse, go to jail.

While it's illegal for undocumented immigrants to work in the United States, they are allowed to file federal taxes with an Individual Tax Payer Identification number (ITIN), instead of a Social Security number, provided by the Internal Revenue Service.

You have a system for the workers to pay taxes, but you also have a system where employers who hire them are breaking the law.

In 2005, 1.6 million ITIN applications, along with 1.4 million tax filings, were submitted to the Internal Revenue Service.

The number of returns tied to ITINs is up 40 percent since 2004, according to a testimony earlier this year by IRS commissioner Mark W. Everson before the House Ways and Means Committee.

If you do it legally things are so much easier. No ducking out or hiding from the law, you can get a job anywhere, health care, education, etc. its actually a more difficult life if you start out illegally.

It's actually very difficult, and a long, time-consuming, expensive process to obtain the coveted "green card". And the fewer your assets, the less likely you are to be granted legal status, either to work or visit.

I am not sure how this is a response to my comment. It is against the law to hire an illegal alien. If you hire one then you can be fined, or worse, go to jail.

I should have been more specific, I guess. I was underscoring your statement, and pointing out that the employer is responsible for making sure all employees have acceptable documentation. "I thought he was legal" is not a defense.

Speaking of aliens....this is pretty scary:

WASHINGTON - One in four younger U.S. Muslims say suicide bombings to defend their religion are acceptable at least in some circumstances, though most Muslim Americans overwhelmingly reject the tactic and are critical of Islamic extremism and al-Qaida, a poll says.

The survey by the Pew Research Center, one of the most exhaustive ever of the country’s Muslims, revealed a community that in many ways blends comfortably into society. Its largely mainstream members express nearly as much happiness with their lives and communities as the general public does, show a broad willingness to adopt American customs, and have income and education levels similar to others in the U.S.

Even so, the survey revealed noteworthy pockets of discontent.

While nearly 80 percent of U.S. Muslims say suicide bombings of civilians to defend Islam can not be justified, 13 percent say they can be, at least rarely.

That sentiment is strongest among those younger than 30. Two percent of them say it can often be justified, 13 percent say sometimes and 11 percent say rarely.

“It is a hair-raising number,” said Radwan Masmoudi, president of the Washington-based Center for the Study of Islam and Democracy, which promotes the compatibility of Islam with democracy.

ah now i see what you mean. well it is true, the govt has put in special situations for people who are here illegally, and that needs to stop. If they are here legally they should work and pay taxes like normal. the moment their visa runs out, then need to be out of here.

We need to no longer put emplyers in a position where they can have an illegal alien working for them by giving these people tax id numbers. We need to take away tax id numbers from the people who are here illegally, and we need to kick them all out. we need to shut down our borders and start really cracking down on the laws we have in place. this issue needs to stop. No other country is as relaxed about their borders as we are. And look at how many terrorists have studied us from within our country.

It's actually very difficult, and a long, time-consuming, expensive process to obtain the coveted "green card". And the fewer your assets, the less likely you are to be granted legal status, either to work or visit.

Well yes and no. Basically because they have to pay for all of the people doing things illegally. I have known a number of people who were legal aliens from working at microsoft. They were respectful, took the time to do it, and when they were done they said it was worth every penny and moment of their time. Those are the people I welcome into this country with open arms.

If you do not have the time, or the commitment, to become naturalized, then you do not need to be here taking up the space that someone more deserving can occupy.

My mother had a very dear friend who passed away recently. She was originally from Japan. She went through all the normal channels to obtain citizenship years ago. She was very proud of her American citizenship. She and her husband were not wealthy just average working folks. They were also law-abiding citizens. I think that is the difference.

Doesn't it make you wonder where all that American cash goes that is flowing into the country every single day? Huge tourist money. Puerta Vallarta, Cozumel, Alcapulco, etc. I guess we all know that the government is corrupt and it is a very sad state of affairs for the lower class. They at least have a chance here of making enough money to have a decent living even if they are illegals. Beats the heck out of what they have in Mexico.

I have no more sympathy, honestly I ran out a long time ago. Perhaps that is because I live on a border state.

The problem I have is that many times they will pay someone many thousands of dollars to sneak them across the border. Do you know how much money many thousands of dollars is in pesos? It would be a heck of a good start on the application process for coming here legally.

Then we have the issue of anchor babies. These are people that can't even afford to feed themselves but they work *very* hard at getting preggers so they can get instant welfare, instant freebie everything. At some point a little common sense has to kick in.

The first five years I lived in a border state I kinda felt sorry for illegals and didn't fight to have them "removed" from a country that is not theirs. The 2nd 5 year period of time I was getting kinda tired of it but thought I was not being a tolerant person. The 3rd five year block of time I was getting angry at the problem and realized we have a huge problem. The last five years, I just want someone to haul their asses the hell out of here and send them back to where they belong. Their OWN home. We can't afford another 50,000,000 illegals. The US is not a bottomless pit of dollars to take care of the whole entire world. There has to be an end. I don't see an end in sight.

There will be a time when the people take it in their own hands and I'm not 100% sure I won't be out there with them.