Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

24 minutes ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

I've never had the skinny vanilla latte. Is it really good? I always worry because there's no actual sweetener in them. Is the sugar free vanilla Syrup sweet tasting at all? I don't really have a sweet tooth at all, but certain things taste better with a little sweet taste to them. Also, are the egg white bites good? I'm not a big fan of egg whites normally, but I'm trying to branch out more these days.

The skinny vanilla latte taste ALMOST the same as a full sugar latte to me (it is slightly less sweet than the real thing). A few times I have been “tricked” into a full sugar one when someone else orders for me and I couldnt tell at first. I only found out when I started to feel like crap. I don’t dump….. but I do feel sick to my stomach if I have too much sugar.
i have since obviously learned to check the label, a few times Starbucks has screwed up and legit put the wrong one…. But I have it often enough to where I now know the difference. 🤷🏼‍♀️
the egg white bites are my favorites to order. I don’t really like the other ones there. Kale and mushroom was okay…. But the bacon one was bleh. That might have to do with my aversion to pork since surgery though (I don’t know why, but Pork is a nono for me. I’ve tried pork loin several times and I get about two bites in before it wants to come back up and bacon is hardly any better).

That said…..i fully admit: I tried the new coconut lime bar and it was amazing. Definitely not something to eat by yourself (I shared it with my kids and mom, we each had one bite) . The calorie count and nutritional facts are terrible for such a tiny thing though 😬

My diet might be looser than yours though….I am in the “maintenance” phase of my journey. I am fifteen months post op and now down to 158 pounds.

If you're on instagram, follow themacrobarista - he comes up with great low calorie/carb starbucks (and home coffee) concoctions. He always has the macros listed for those following macros. I've gotten several great order ideas from him!

Dragon drink with coconut milk

On 7/3/2022 at 6:35 PM, Supafly82 said:

Why is everyone ordering Decaf? I thought you can have caffeine after 3 months post op no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That depends on your surgeon. I could have caffeine after four weeks. Some people get served coffee right after surgery.

But some people believe that caffeine is dehydrating, even though more recent research shows that that's a myth.

And some people have bad reactions to caffeine, for lots of reasons not at all related to surgery.

On 6/23/2022 at 12:12 AM, SleeveDiva2022 said:

I've never had the skinny vanilla latte. Is it really good? I always worry because there's no actual sweetener in them. Is the sugar free vanilla Syrup sweet tasting at all? I don't really have a sweet tooth at all, but certain things taste better with a little sweet taste to them. Also, are the egg white bites good? I'm not a big fan of egg whites normally, but I'm trying to branch out more these days.

sugar free syrups are very sweet. They are made with artificial sweeteners. I agree that coffee and tea need sweetness!

For any fellow pre-sleevers, there are two or three teas that Starbucks has, that are zero (0) calories, just add stevia. I personally get the passion tango tea, with stevia. Definitely something to quench my thirst, tastes great, and I can drink it during my pre-op diet phase.

FOOD
Egg Bites

DRINKS
a) iced or hot Tazo Passion tea, no sugar
b) iced Americano with steamed non-fat milk + 1/2 pump of caramel, vanilla, or cinnamon dolce sugar-free syrup