Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9months and weight stall

I started my journey March 18,2014 and it's been a great one best decisions I ever made. I stated at 280 and I'm now at 165. This is the first month I haven't lost any weight. My question is does it look like or sound like something that's happen to any of you? Is this he end of my weight loss? Overall I'm very happy and wouldn't bother me. But just thought I'd ask:)

Edited by ArixS

Congratulations!

Is this he end of my height loss?

Height loss? Gosh I hope not! :blink:

Height loss? Gosh I hope not! :blink:

Hey, some of us aren't getting any younger...we do shrink as we get older, you know ;)

Hey, some of us aren't getting any younger...we do shrink as we get older, you know ;)

Haha I accidentally wrote hight instead of weight

Edited by ArixS

Hey, my surgery was the day after yours!! I started at 341 (313 day of surgery) and am 212 today so i can't complain! I have experienced much less weight loss the past month or two but I have also noticed I've let a few bad habits slip back in. I've slacked a bit on counting my calories, gone to several holiday gatherings full of junk food and I'm not as good about waiting for long enough to drink after I eat although I'm not drinking nearly the amount of Water I should. If I pick the good habits back up I have no doubt the weight loss will start again although still slowly after such a rapid loss. I wonder if it is about this time post surgery that people start feeling invincible and like they'll lose weight no matter what.

@@ArixS I'm 10 months out today and from last month to this month I've only lost 4 pounds at least it's still coming off I think it's slowing down because I'm 30lbs away from goal just keep doing what you have been it'll come off!

Hey, my surgery was the day after yours!! I started at 341 (313 day of surgery) and am 212 today so i can't complain! I have experienced much less weight loss the past month or two but I have also noticed I've let a few bad habits slip back in. I've slacked a bit on counting my calories, gone to several holiday gatherings full of junk food and I'm not as good about waiting for long enough to drink after I eat although I'm not drinking nearly the amount of Water I should. If I pick the good habits back up I have no doubt the weight loss will start again although still slowly after such a rapid loss. I wonder if it is about this time post surgery that people start feeling invincible and like they'll lose weight no matter what.

You know some thing happen to me with thanksgiving and all. And yes I've let bad habits creep up i been really starting to watch what I eat. I'm about to start my period too so maybe that's it. I have a bad habit of drinking water with my food I always been the type to drink with food every bite idk how to stop that. Ty for sharing

@@ArixS I'm 10 months out today and from last month to this month I've only lost 4 pounds at least it's still coming off I think it's slowing down because I'm 30lbs away from goal just keep doing what you have been it'll come off!

Yea past months I've lost 6 pounds it's slowed down. I'm 10 pounds away from goal. Like I said I'd be happy at 165 but my goal was 155 so I feel like I need to get there. Hope that makes sense ????

You know some thing happen to me with thanksgiving and all. And yes I've let bad habits creep up i been really starting to watch what I eat. I'm about to start my period too so maybe that's it. I have a bad habit of drinking Water with my food I always been the type to drink with food every bite idk how to stop that. Ty for sharing

Congrats on your success - I was sleeved a month or so later. I also had a terrible and long stall at about 6 months. Of course it makes us frustrated and so i was less vigilant about getting enough Water and staying away from chocolate once that stall hit three weeks! Then back on track and started losing again, though more slowly now too.

As for water and food - STOP! If you can anyway. It makes a huge difference for many of us. Be sure not to have a glass at your place, or if in a restaurant have the waiter take it away. I know it's more pleasant, but try try to shift away. I find drinking a big glass before my mean (and waiting 5 minutes or so) helps me be less desperately thirsty during the meal too.

Good luck - and i hope those last pounds come off soon!

Congrats on your success - I was sleeved a month or so later. I also had a terrible and long stall at about 6 months. Of course it makes us frustrated and so i was less vigilant about getting enough Water and staying away from chocolate once that stall hit three weeks! Then back on track and started losing again, though more slowly now too.

As for Water and food - STOP! If you can anyway. It makes a huge difference for many of us. Be sure not to have a glass at your place, or if in a restaurant have the waiter take it away. I know it's more pleasant, but try try to shift away. I find drinking a big glass before my mean (and waiting 5 minutes or so) helps me be less desperately thirsty during the meal too.

Good luck - and i hope those last pounds come off soon!

Thank you for sharing???? I'm going to try to break my drinking with meal habit, the glass of water before makes sense I'll try it out ???? thank you

Hi I had my sleeve done on 8/3/14 I was at 425 I am now at 294 but I have a question I'm still only able to literally eat 3 small bites before I get sick do any of u experience this

Depending on what it is yes sometimes that happens. More so when it's something heavy or grease.

Hi I had my sleeve done on 8/3/14 I was at 425 I am now at 294 but I have a question I'm still only able to literally eat 3 small bites before I get sick do any of u experience this

Ow, I have never gotten sick since my sleeve. At 4 months out like you are, I was able to eat 1-2 oz meat and a few bites of veggies. I ate every 3 hours. Maybe you are taking too big of bites, not chewing well or eating too fast? Otherwise I would think maybe a stricture in the sleeve because that is not enough food for someone your size and I'm not sure why you would be getting sick. Don't settle for feeling like garbage just to get thin. Figure out what's going wrong so it can be fixed and you can feel semi-normal. I feel for you!!

Yea past months I've lost 6 pounds it's slowed down. I'm 10 pounds away from goal. Like I said I'd be happy at 165 but my goal was 155 so I feel like I need to get there. Hope that makes sense ????

it's awesome that you can say you're 10 pounds away!! Congrats. I guess being that close will help you to keep eating healthy and exercise and if nothing else maintaining all your work