Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Smooth move tea help

@@Elode, how did your exams go and what are you studying?!

Oh and my exams went beautifully! A's and my kids got to go to pizza Hut and eat pizza, and a cookie pizza to "celebrate" while I drank my hot tea....they sure worked hard for those A's.... : /

Smooth moves tea is the best. I have tried so many other things that really cramp my stomach and still can't use the bathroom. The tea is the only thing that I have found that really works without cramping. Drink lots of Water.

TMI alert:

I hadn't gone in 2.5 weeks,so I thought I would give this a chance. There was no cramping and it come out very solid. There was some bleeding afterwards and I've already contacted my doctor. I don't know if anyone else experienced this, but it was a little scary. I'm taking Miralax now.

@@WL WARRIOR Yep I tried it again after all and it was good. You may need to drink it more often. 2.5 weeks is too long!

Elode,

Yes, the 2.5 weeks was a long time. I tried Benefiber, fibercon, colace, and some other stool softener. I don't care much for the Miralax because it takes many uses to work. I have to get it approved by my bariatric doc since it expands in your stomach. I'm thinking of trying the tea in a few days. My general doctor thought the bleeding was not from the tea, but from the fact that I hadn't gone in so long. So, I'm going to try it again in hopes of becoming regular.

I tried it for the first time yesterday and yes it works like a charm I was very happy... No cramps or discomfort

I keep the chocolate flavor on hand and drop a tea bag in some hot chocolate around bedtime. Usually by morning, all is right with the world.

If you want cramps and misery, eat Haribo sugar free Gummy Bears. The Amazon reviews are hilarious - and if you have people you don't like who are hanging around your work space, put out some of those Haribo sugar free Gummy Bears. Hah! Literally sweet revenge.

Also, for home Constipation preventative, I have prune juice on hand, or might eat 1/2 an apple.

I must report something new I have found. I had to go to urgent care the other day due to aches and pains... they gave me a script for Tylenol 3. I've been taking them and doing much better. Guess what? Constipation alert. So I thought Smooth Move. It didn't touch it. I used two bags in one coffee cup, let it step for 30 minutes and then drank it all and then had another cup, again with two tea bags. nothing. So , I think Tylenol 3 has stood up to smooth move for once. I've been drinking even more Water but I feel like I should be going more and I'm not. I called the doctor and asked about it and she said anything with Seena will do it. I had to laugh because that is the active ingredient in Smooth Move tea and most laxatives.

Pinkbunies,

Taking more than the recommended amount to try to achieve the same effect is a classic sign of addiction. You may have a tolerance issue with the tea instead of experiencing a side effect from Tylenol 3. Well, unless you are taking more than recommended of that too. Be careful!