Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did my two weeks and surgery was supposed to be today! After day 5 my cravings went away for the most part! However Monday I received a call that they had to move my surgery to next Friday. Which means 2 more weeks of preop. Needless to say 3 Protein Shakes, 2 jellos, 2 salads and 2 c of chicken broth are my friend- for 4 whole weeks :-(! I am actually to the point that I am not eating the "filler" items. Sticking to the Protein shakes and water! It's not nearly as bad as I thought. Christmas parties have been hard- and mostly avoided. Cheers to 9 more days of protein shakes!!

its kind of funny, since they remove part of our stomach that produces the hunger hormone in surgery.. I've just had a hard time on my pre-op, but keep trying.

Thankfully my pre-op diet is only two days of clear fluids. So that's today and tomorrow, then surgery on Friday morning. I've been drinking Isopure, Water and Powerade Zero. I feel like I will float away from so much Fluid. I'm not really hungry, but I really missed my coffee this morning. Maybe this time of year wasn't the best time to get surgery..lol. We are getting yummy baskets of food almost every day at work.

We pushed our holiday party to yesterday so I could be a part of it, so that was awesome. I am really looking forward to the feeling of being full easily . So excited and nervous.

Have been on the pre-op diet since mid-day Thursday. The only thing I have hated is the Protein powder Soup mix. Blech, it's terrible. I am doing some of the progresso light Soups instead on most nights, but will still have to do the Protein Powder Soup at least two days because I bought two cans of the wrong soup and feel silly going back to the store just for 2 cans of soup. Also, going into the grocery store is basically torture. I keep thinking stuff like "would it be cheating if I ate a pickle?" But I know that if I cheat even once on something as calorie-free as a pickle that it will just be a gateway for more cheating. I'm not HUNGRY, I just want things! I am not even eating bananas even though I'm allowed one a day as an option. Mostly because I'm afraid they will "stop me up" but also because I have told myself I am saving them for when I am "really" hungry and I haven't really gotten truly hungry yet, let alone "really" hungry.

@@heynowkc So did you call and confirm that the light Soup was ok. It was def a life saver for me LoL I didn't even get the soup from the office they were out so I got 4 bags of powder

@@Megan00 I actually went in for my required pre-op nutrition class on Monday and talked to the dietitian at the end of class. She suggested just using the veggie Soup because she was unfamiliar with the other varieties in Progresso's light Soups line. She mentioned that one of the other dietitians recommends more varieties, but she personally didn't know which ones to recommend. So what I did when I went shopping was to compare the nutrition info of those, up against the nutrition info of one serving of Protein Powder soup and the 2 cups of low sodium broth and the small amount of veggies I add to it. There are several varieties that work well as substitutions. Some people I guess mix Water with the soup but the packet says you can use low sodium broth instead so that's what I've been doing. I will still use the soup mix for one or two nights, but the Progresso light soups are much easier to get down, even if they are sort of bland!

Edited by heynowkc

@@Megan00 I forgot to ask, when is your surgery? How long have you been on pre-op? I am amazed at how much I have lost. I want to say I've lost 15 lbs after 6 days on the diet but my scale was being dumb this morning and wouldn't give me a consistent weight so I am being "safe" and saying I've lost 13. 7 more days to go. I'm excited to lose even more before surgery. I was afraid I wouldn't lose anything on the pre-op diet because I've been steadily losing for the past two months already and thought maybe my body would say "haha, are you joking? no way!" but that is not at all what is happening.

@@heynowkc I'm allowed a dill pickle spear a day lol its heavenly

Hi everyone. My surgery is on the 17th and started my pre-op liquids today. It wasn't so bad during the day but since I'm working the graveyard shift, it's been difficult tonight. I'm hungry and want to chew on something. I only have a total of 6 days of full liquids and one of clears. Does it get easier?

hey - I think it does get easier. I'm on day 6 (of 10) and it's WAY better than day 2 or 3. I'm still hungry but I'm getting used to the fact that I won't be getting as much to eat and there's not the huge need to find something to eat.

ShannonbKSU I am finding it to be the same. Real food is so incredibly tasty now. I've lost 6 pounds in 4 days. Cannot wait to be on the other side. Good luck to you. When is your surgery?

@@heynowkc I'm allowed a dill pickle spear a day lol its heavenly

I am so jealous! You have no idea!!

Hi everyone. My surgery is on the 17th and started my pre-op liquids today. It wasn't so bad during the day but since I'm working the graveyard shift, it's been difficult tonight. I'm hungry and want to chew on something. I only have a total of 6 days of full liquids and one of clears. Does it get easier?

I normally don't work nights, but I do "close" our library one day a week and since it is nearing finals week, we are open an hour later (10PM), I knew my night would be really tough, but adding the extra hour was even more difficult. (The worst part is I am doing it again tonight because I asked a co-worker to let me close so I could have my final visit with my surgeon this morning.) I couldn't tell you how to get through them except to maybe sleep longer and spread out your meals more.

HELP!!!! I just received my pre-op diet from BeLiteWeight, my coordinator is Joyce. I don't understand it at all between the pre -op diet and the fatty liver diet. I thought they would at least give an example. Every time I ask her questions she makes me feel like I'm bothering her. The way I feel now is angry and scared, scared because I'm spending this money and not getting all the information I'm asking. Don't know what to do. And I'm suppose to have surgery January 10th

HELP PLEASE !!!

I just had my consult with the surgeon on Tuesday 12/9. He told me high Protein no starch diet until surgery which is Jan 28th. I'm just curious....what kind of diet are you following that makes you say pre-op diet sucks?

Oh and I totally agree with the brownies!! Some one brought a variety of Cookies to work but I told my self no!

@@Dee951 Well your pre-op diet sounds amazing! Haha. Some of us are on very restrictive mostly liquid diets (around) two weeks prior to surgery. My surgeon requires the use of Bariatric Advantage Protein powder (for shakes), bars, and another of their Protein powders for Soups. I'm allowed three 8 oz shakes, 1 bar, and 1 Soup per day. Plus an optional banana and up to 3 servings of sugar free jello/popsicles. So for many folks it's a very restrictive diet (calorie-wise).

@@Dolce_xxv That sounds terrible. I am not familiar with the product but I would try calling your surgeon's office to see if you can get more help. Does your surgeon's office have a dietitian? If they're the ones giving you the brush-off, I would call back (or have someone call for me) and have a very specific list of questions that I insist get answered before I hang up.