Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

I hope soon!! I can feel the burn let me tell you lol. I want to get up to doing 12 miles easy so i can ride to work. Save on gas and get my exercising in.

babygirl, you can go to Walmart or academy sports or even buy one online...you can buy a 'big girl seat' by itself and they are very easy to put on. (easier than the gell seat cover) my boys got me one and i dont even use the gel seat cover anymore. Its the same seat they usually put on the one speed cruiser bikes (so comfy too, like riding on a bench).. here is the link to the one i have. target...

Target : Bell GelTech Seat with AirGel pockets

The big seat is nice...In fact I brought me one from Walmart...... (5-29)--I can tell you--my riding is so much better. I rode yesterday and wasn't used to the good grip it had. I rode further--because butt pain didn't exist much...Lee

Find a street--then find a steep hill and ride up that hill--3 to 4 time during your work out. If you fall asleep--I will say--you are about d-e-a-d....I can't see myself going to sleep. Each time I have asked a few people I know to join me riding--I got the craziest statements. From--"Are you crazy? to the "Oh you want Dead? and also--"If I do that--I will have a heart attack"...It makes me wonder--what am I doing so crazy that I have to ride with my kids only? Oh well--I guess I am doomed to ride with the kids until I get to a city bike ride up in "Memphis, Tenn"....

I am a person who get bored easy. I can't even go the same route daily. I make up the routes as I go along most days. I have road 3 trails so far---really my kids wanted me to ride the trails more. But I enjoy riding the streets, the back roads and a few contrry roads. I just ride all I can ride. Today is a day off--I am chilling for another day. Tomorrow will be an easy day. Today was a break-through day. I woke up without any soreness. I know I have reached a goal. Now I can go up the hills I do and not be struggling as I did back 8 weeks ago.

Back to the trails---if we had more trails that was different--I'd go. One of the better rides is the school track. You can keep track of the miles---since 4 rimes around is a mile or 1600 meters.

Ohh thanks Lizrbit. I might have to do that if this pain does not stop.

SO my first ride I did I made it about 1.5 miles and I thought I was going to die. Second time I did maybe 2.5 miles. The third time I did 7 miles but it was split up into a 3 mile ride, 30 minute rest, 2.3 miles, 15 minute rest, 2.3 miles. The 4th time was 6 miles straight. How long do you all think before I can make the 12 miles?

You go babygrl...with the schedule you will be doing 12 miles in NO time flat. I want to ride to school starting fall semester until the snow flies. The university is up on a hill, so I am going to have quite a work out. I need to start mapping out my way now and work at it a little bit at a time until I can make it there with ease. Good luck everyone with there bike riding. I have a schwinn 7 speed around 179.00 from Kmart. I love it though, but already looking for a new bike. I want to do some bike marathons this next summer. Deanna

RIGHT ON BABYGIRL!! woo!

im plugging for ya! i had to build up to mine too. it took me im guessing, about two weeks to build up to the first eight mile ride, riding everyday. Then early in that i had to take days off in between to let my bottom rest (before the biggirl seat), but now i ride it easy, no sweat, even farther if i have places to go. AT the rate you're going, you will get there in no time. Three weeks? i bet its great building it up! You are accomplishing this thing right now that you couldnt do before! Every day you go even a little farther than you did the day before, is a major accomplishment and should be celebrated! Hows your view? what insights do you have while riding? do you have an ipod or something that plays music? I found music a great addition, and you can customize playlists to go along with your ride, leaving one ear open for others.

I had to use mapquest to measure distances. It helped me know what progress i was making.

I dont really want to be one of those hard core bike people, but i cant tell you how much i enjoy riding a nice long trail, or making my way to work each day.

This is so cool!! I usually end up driving my routes to see how far I have gone...this will be so much easier. Thank you babyrl

After I was banded I started cross country skiing, snow shoeing, bought a great off road bike, and a kayak. I do whatever is in season and I've never felt better in my life.

This is so cool!! I usually end up driving my routes to see how far I have gone...this will be so much easier. Thank you babyrl

I know. I was doing that too! Then I remembered seeing a biking site that had trips mapped on there and I wondered if I would be able to find something like that. I came, I googled, I found it. I use that site to map out tons of things. I love it.

After I was banded I started cross country skiing, snow shoeing, bought a great off road bike, and a kayak. I do whatever is in season and I've never felt better in my life.

I definitly want to kayak someday. I go canoeing on the Ausable every summer and every time I go I think about how much fun it would be to kayak.