Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

I rode my bike to work this week, twice. It is 6.5 miles one way. I absolutely loved it and as long as the weather is holding, I am going to continue to ride all summer. I hope to work up to all 5 working days.

I wish you the best.

I wish I could do this. I live 20 miles away from my work!

I'm thinking about doing it once a week anyway, maybe on Friday so I could go home early and get home before dark. I'm definitely going to bike to work on Bike to Work Day though. Who else is going to do that?

I wish I could do this. I live 20 miles away from my work!

I'm thinking about doing it once a week anyway, maybe on Friday so I could go home early and get home before dark. I'm definitely going to bike to work on Bike to Work Day though. Who else is going to do that?

Mac I used to do 12 miles to work when I had a later shift. It was very rewarding. Unfortunately now with my 5am start time, it is just too darn early for me to be out on the bike. I do have a headlight, taillight, and reflective gear but I just feel too unsafe heading out at 4 am. I have done it, but I am queesy the whole time.

I did get out and do 12 miles yesterday with hubby. I am glad the weather is finally breaking. We have had the furnace off for over a week now. It is going to be a little bit chilly the next few nights (40's) but hopefully once the rain clears up we will have some sun again. There is a ride this Sunday that I want to do, weather pending and if I can find someone to take my kids to their religious classes at church.

I got a bike fit today! They moved my seat down and back and adjusted my handle bars and now I am more balanced on the bike and also can go 2 MPH faster with the same amount of effort. I'm stoked!

BG, Alison is going to be doing that ride on Sunday. 65 miles, I think. Look for her if you do it.

Got out and did 10 miles yesterday. I am amazed at the difference in speed when on the road compared to the bike path. On the path I usually average about 12.5mph. On the road it can be anywhere between 16-18mph.

I tried to keep up with the big guys today on my group ride. I got dropped pretty badly when they all got through a light and it turned red for me. That stupid light was FIVE MINUTES long and they were long gone before I was able to get going again. But I took a short cut and caught up to some of them.

hi everyone....

Took off work today because I had a doctors appointment for my 6 month mammogram re check...all is well...no repeat for 12 months....:thumbup:

my husband and I both took the day off and went riding afterward looking for some new roads to ride....had a heck of a head wind, but all in all a real nice ride.

We are expecting rain the rest of the week which stinks...

Hope everyone is doing well...Julie love your new picture......

The winds are terrible right now. I don't know what gives?!

BG, look for a ride around 6/6/09. I'll be up there and we're going to do some mt. biking that weekend too, to get ready for the Muddy Buddy Part II.

I'd love to ride with you. Nothing huge, less than 40.

Traci, Thanks for the compliment. I just got my degree this weekend, that was Zoe hugging the stuffing out of me.

Hey, if any of you guys are in the SF Bay Area, I'm starting a team to do the Bike MS: Waves to Wine event in Sept. We're called Team Altered Reality (because we've all had WLS) and you can read all about it at:

National MS Society - Bike Event: Homepage

If you are interested, let me know and I'll send you a coupon to wave the registration fee.

Hey, if any of you guys are in the SF Bay Area, I'm starting a team to do the Bike MS: Waves to Wine event in Sept. We're called Team Altered Reality (because we've all had WLS) and you can read all about it at:

National MS Society - Bike Event: Homepage

If you are interested, let me know and I'll send you a coupon to wave the registration fee.

I clicked the link. Looks like a good time but you are on the other side of the country! I wish you were closer I'd do it in a minute!

I have to say the name of one of your challenging teams "menstrual cycles" made me laugh out loud.