Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whole Food Concentrate Vitamin Reviews?

A week ago I started taking Green Source Vitamins with Whole food Concentrates. And I feel a noticeable difference in my energy and it lasts all day. Previously, I was taking the Sam's Club generic Multivitamin, and never seemed to notice when I didn't take it or skipped a day.

The recommended dosage is 3 tablets a day - and they ain't small either! :o But they do make me feel good all day.

Anyone else have experience using any brand of Whole Food Concentrate vitamins?

post-147109-0-36907800-1417983318_thumb.jpg

post-147109-0-09115500-1417983310_thumb.jpg

post-147109-0-00081600-1417983304_thumb.jpg

post-147109-0-35583500-1417983298_thumb.jpg

post-147109-0-14756000-1417983292_thumb.jpg

I don't have those but I have a similar all natural multi called Kind Organic Women's Multi 40+ formula. Yeah, horse pills. Thankfully I only have to take 2 a day. I like them, but they're a bit pricey.

Edited by BLERDgirl

THanks guys for mentioning this. I know one brand they had at WF, it was pricey also. They were wanting 2 a day. I want to know if my levels are low or if I am having signs/symptoms of low of that Vitamin. I'd rather target it because you can get problems from too much of a Vitamin. I find that by fine tuning the food, I do pretty well.

At least here are more options and I'll share them around.

I'm a big fan of whole food based Vitamins instead of synthesized Vitamins. Always have been...even before surgery. My mom has a number of GI sensitivities and that's all she can take....the non-natural ones wreak havoc on her tummy. I currently take Garden of Life Vitamin Code for Women. The dose is 4 capsules/day but I only take 2. I feel great and my bloodwork is good. Prior to surgery I was taking Source of Life Gold chewables. They were HUGE but tasted really good so I liked taking them. But after surgery, everything tasted way too sweet to me, so I switched to a capsule.

I also take Garden of Life Raw Fiber to help with constipation(lots of insoluble fiber) and they also makes some good Protein supplements that use sprouted seed Protein. No, I'm not a rep, just a fan ????

Thanks for the info guys. I did more research and I'm even more confused than before. I don't mind paying extra for the whole foods based Vitamins - as long as they make me feel this good!

But I watched a video on Youtube and Dr. Robert Jones of http://utahwellnessinstitute.com was explaining that even though SOME of the ingredients in whole food Vitamins are plant based, some of the vitamins are still from synthetic sources.

Below is the video. Your thoughts?

I get a full blood panel at my next follow up on the 19th. I'm hoping to drop some of the supplements then. Really if I could toss the Calcium horsepill, I'd be okay with the rest. Glad to see someone else uses and likes the Garden of Life brand. As for supplements in general, I try to eat as clean as possible however, with the limited amount of food I am currently taking I would rather err on the side of caution and take the supplement.

Edited by BLERDgirl

I get a full blood panel at my next follow up on the 19th. I'm hoping to drop some of the supplements then. Really if I could toss the Calcium horsepill, I'd be okay with the rest. Glad to see someone else uses and likes the Garden of Life brand. As for supplements in general, I try to eat as clean as possible however, with the limited amount of food I am currently taking I would rather err on the side of caution and take the supplement.

My six month labs showed high calcium and high Iron, so I cut out both of those extra supplements. I'm down to 2 multivits daily, Vitamin D 3x weeks and B12 sublingual every other day. My 12 month bloodwork is due towards the end of this month so we'll see how I stand. If you eat a lot of dairy, your calcium may very well be OK.

I eat a lot of Greek yogurt and except for Vitamin D I never had any deficiencies pre-op so I'm thinking I'll be good.

Thanks for the info guys. I did more research and I'm even more confused than before. I don't mind paying extra for the whole foods based Vitamins - as long as they make me feel this good!

But I watched a video on Youtube and Dr. Robert Jones of http://utahwellnessinstitute.com was explaining that even though SOME of the ingredients in whole food Vitamins are plant based, some of the vitamins are still from synthetic sources.

Below is the video. Your thoughts?

http://youtu.be/-aG2RGABQDA%5B/media%5D'>http://youtu.be/-aG2RGABQDA

Actually, he didn't say they all had synthetic sources. He stressed to read the labels to determine if there is a synthetic component to your whole food vitamins. Mine does not have any of those synthetic sources he mentioned in parentheses after the Vitamin C and B vits. ( I see that yours does). In fact, the Vitamin Code ingredient list includes 22 different fruits and vegetables as well as red algae, alfalfa, tocopherols, carotenoids, and yeast. Thats where the vitamins and minerals are coming from. Various enzymes, Probiotics, and Proteins are also listed since they are involved in the cultivation and activation of the nutrients.

Edited by Kindle

post-182221-14179959187413_thumb.jpg

Garden of Life is good. I've done it before.

I think my only question is finding if there is good medical research for what a person is saying. Does it jibe also with known established processes? How/where we absorb different items in the intestinal track is somewhat set out but not all of it. If things don't follow logically with that, that is where you want to question.

I was in groups years ago. People were taken by hocus pocus "treatments". The more you learn that is scientific based, medical based, the less doctors or any one else can take advantage of you. When someone does try to stiff you, you can call them out.