Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Psychiatric Evaluation

What was yours like?

I just left mine and I'm really thinking about seeing someone else. I feel like he was over thinking it. And wth do I need to go back for???

Psychiatric Evaluation

@@laurenella82

my doc was nice :)

he gave me some paperwork

questions to circle a response to

after that we "chatted" for awhile

talked about how i felt about the surgery

he "reminded" me

"this is not easy, its hard work" etc etc

"what were my expectations??"

all went well :)

i was told i needed to make an additional appt

he told me it was just routine

i guess they figured i wasn't crazy ;)

boy did i fool them :D :D

please don't worry - THAT will drive you nuts :(

good luck :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

@@laurenella82

my doc was nice :)

he gave me some paperwork

questions to circle a response to

after that we "chatted" for awhile

talked about how i felt about the surgery

he "reminded" me

"this is not easy, its hard work" etc etc

"what were my expectations??"

i was told i needed to make an additional appt

he told me it was just routine

i guess they figured i wasn't crazy ;)

boy did i fool them :D :D

please don't worry - THAT will drive you nuts :(

good luck :)

kathy

i think many people worry about the psych exam

Lol! I love reading your posts. They always make me laugh! Thank you for that!

I wasn't really worried until I left lol. But I see now that it should be fine just like everything else.

Edited by laurenella82

I had to have 2 appointments as well. He made me take a test that asked some crazy questions. But he said it was standard and he makes all his patients do it :) don't worry! It's just precautions

I did one over the phone. I'll have to look up the name of it. I scheduled a time for them to call online, paid my copay, and she asked me about 15-20 questions. Didn't have to take anytime off work for it! It was easy peasy. I almost feel like I didn't get my 40 bucks worth, but I'm glad I wasn't stressing about passing it or not!

I did one over the phone. I'll have to look up the name of it. I scheduled a time for them to call online, paid my copay, and she asked me about 15-20 questions. Didn't have to take anytime off work for it! It was easy peasy. I almost feel like I didn't get my 40 bucks worth, but I'm glad I wasn't stressing about passing it or not!

Lucky you!!! I wish mine could have been over the phone!

Mine was a huge questionnaire like a personality test, then the psych had follow up questions. Helped me to realize I have a food addiction and the sleeve wouldn't be effective long term unless I deal with the addiction.

I felt like this guy asked me too much about my family. Their health/mental health issues I understand but where they work! What difference does that make and why do you need me to be more specific than the government...and why do you need their names??? Very strange!

I had a woman do mine she asked me a ton of questions from early childhood up until the day I went to see her. I had no other appointments after. She asked me to answer some quiz questions. Other than that it was simple. However I did tell her I couldn't remember what I did 20 minutes ago let alone 20 years ago. So I guess she didn't think I was too crazy or maybe she did and was said to herself get this crazy lady out of my office I don't want anymore visits with her. They just like to make sure your confident in making the decision to change your life. I went through lots of hurdles and that one was the most boring 3 hours of my journey.

Mine was a half hour, no paperwork, just some questions you might expect .."how do you see the surgery improving your life", "what do you think the biggest challenges will be", "tell me about your support network", etc. He was really funny and we ended up talking about his family, mine, laughing. 2nd appointment with him was the same way. Really liked him and wouldn't mind seeing him on a regular basis!

My evaluation was about 45 minutes long. She had me fill out a questionnaire to determine if there was depression. Then asked me many wierd questions and wanted me to explain the surgery. I think she wanted to get an idea of if I knew that this was only a tool and that after surgery it still takes work. I passed the eval.

Edited by BeautifullyCreated1982

I felt like this guy asked me too much about my family. Their health/mental health issues I understand but where they work! What difference does that make and why do you need me to be more specific than the government...and why do you need their names??? Very strange!

Sounds like he was being nosy. Most therapist are nosy by nature. Lol. Either that or he really liked you. Lol