Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I tried to use GENEPRO in my coffee this morning but it got lumpy and then I found a lot at the bottom when I was done. Anyone have a trick for me to get it to blend smoothly?

My coffee mug is probably 1.5 cups

I virtually live on GENEPRO and Quest bars. I find it best to add it to things that are not too hot. I know some Protein powders explicitly state on the label they can't be used at 140 degrees or higher. I don't believe GENEPRO has that warning but it works better if the liquid isn't too hot and you add it very slowly, stirring as you add and allowing it to disolve.

I use Genepro and Quest bars because they are so darned convenient for me. Fast food for WLS I guess you could say.

Congratulations on your surgery.

Blessings,

Kathleen

Edited by Katcloudshepherd

I, too, use GENEPRO ALOT. I have noticed that even when I mix it in crystal light some of it seems to settle in the bottom. I just give it shake whenever I take a drink. However, I can see whee that wouldn't work too well in a cup of coffee. I guess I would just keep a spoon handy and give it a stir every so often.

I also use it in my sugar-free pudding. SF Caramel pudding in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, mix in my Genepro, put Tbsp of cool whip on top--- YUM! Get my "sweet" snack and Protein too!

Their website states that some sediment will end up at the bottom but that it isn't Protein and shouldn't be expected to all blend in. I have seen tips for the hot food - take your Gen and dissolve it in the smallest amount of cool liquid first and then add it to your hot liquid, but not over 140°

I use the GENEPRO every morning in my hot Decaf tea. I put a scoop in my cup add a little bit of the hot tea, stir it really good then add the rest of the tea, my Creamer and splenda. I add it to 32oz of liquid. This way I am getting in my Protein and half my liquid for the day.

Thanks everyone. Seems like maybe the Water is too hot. I will try it with cooler water.

I got mine at Amazon too

I also use it in hot Decaf and never worry about the temperature. I just mix it well then add a little shake to my cup every now and then to keep it from settling (i use an insulated cup with a lid).

I snorted and laughed out loud at your coffee comment truly lol

I, too, use GENEPRO ALOT. I have noticed that even when I mix it in crystal light some of it seems to settle in the bottom. I just give it shake whenever I take a drink. However, I can see whee that wouldn't work too well in a cup of coffee. I guess I would just keep a spoon handy and give it a stir every so often.
I also use it in my sugar-free pudding. SF Caramel pudding in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, mix in my Genepro, put Tbsp of cool whip on top--- YUM! Get my "sweet" snack and Protein too!

I just ordered some GENEPRO and have been reading on some weight loss sites that they do not think it works or there doctors told them not to use it. has anyone had any trouble with it at all?

Briefs1 put the gene pro in first and then pour your coffee into the cup. I use it still every morning in my tea. I brew my tea into a small glass measuring cup and then pour it into my Tervis cup with my gene pro already in there mixes great. But if I brew my tea into my Tervis cup with the gene pro in there it doesn't mix well. Weirdest thing. I have been doing this for 21 months now.