Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Walking shoes? Help

I usually buy whatever is on sale at Shoe Carnival or Famous Footwear! lol Usually they are last year's release. I have a very wide foot and sometimes have a hard time finding shoes that feel good on my foot. I stick with running shoes and go through the really quickly. I've had several pair of Adidas but it seems as though the company is phasing out their women's running shoes. I also love New Balance. They fit my foot really well. Now, I have a pair of Nike Women's Kaishi Run that I really love. They are so light!

Just a FYI, right now shoes are buy one get one 1/2 off at shoe carnival and shoecarnival.com

@@deedadumble where do you buy your outdated running shoes? A particular online store, or do you buy in meatspace? I am going to be looking for running shoes soon (I promised myself a pair when I get halfway through my 5K app, one more week to go!) and I would like to get decent shoes without breaking the bank.

I just do a google search. This last pair came from DSW, the pair before that I found on Amazon. The first pair of Pure Cadence I bought in a store after being fitted. I have knee issues and a friend of mine that's a trainer recommended that I switch to zero drop, or a more minimal heal shoe. Best advice ever!

I Love, Love, Love FitFlops. They do not come in widths, but my foot is on the wide side (usually a W, not WW) and they fit me if I go up a half size (I'm 10.5W and wear 11's a lot of the time anyway). You'll want to try a pair on in the store first if you can find some. Then, once you have your size, you can buy them cheaper on eBay or look for sales at online retailers. I usually try to buy them off-season for the next season at half off.

I currently have four pair of their flip flop styles, one pair of boots, and one pair of Mary Jane style shoes. If I could wear only this brand every day, I would.

Do I consider flip flops from FitFlop a walking shoe? I sure do! I used to wear my athletic shoes everywhere I went whenever there was walking involved. If I didn't, I'd have aching feet for days afterward. With my FitFlops, I have no issues. I used to be a barefoot around the house sort of person, and now I prefer my FitFlops. They are so fabulous. I sing their praises to anyone who will listen. I was converted to them from a friend who feels the same way. We have a third friend who unfortunately has "ping-pong-paddle" feet (her words) and cannot wear them as her feet are too wide.

Seriously, though, give them a try.

New balance has my vote. Funny thing is, I have now changed from wide to medium! All my darn shoes are sloppy on my feet. It is pretty funny but also expensive.

Well I ordered three different shoes on 6pm.com, thanks who gave me that site, and decided on the Ryka's. Second was Asics which I also purchased. They both gave me plenty of room in the front of the shoe and were true to the size. I wasn't impressed so much with Brooks. Maybe when these wear out I will go to an actual shoe store to be fit.

Thanks everyone for their input.

I have wide feet and Brooks have been the best! I love them and don't want any other tennis shoe

When I asked the same question, my physical therapist recommended A.C.I.C.S.

They're fabulous!

Expensive, but you can get last year's model at deep discounts.

My suggestion:

Go to a sporting goods store and try on a few different brands and see which are best for YOUR feet,

and are at your price-point.

You can ask the sales rep when (whatever brand you like) usually goes on sale.

I love New Balance shoes, and sketchers go walkers but when you wear out the go walkers and you walk on gravel you can feel the gravel but they are so light but also not great for winter so more of a summer shoe or treadmill.

I like Asics too but if you're really having issues go get professionally fitted at a running store. You'll probably pay a bit more but it will be worth it.

I have New Balance walking shoes and running shoes and both styles are comfortable and relatively inexpensive.

Brooks here as well

I love fit flops too!!! I don't wear them to work out. But do for everything else including long days at Disneyland walking all over and stuff like that! Great for days where you are just on your feet all day.

For running I love Mizuno's and Hoka's. I have a wide toe box but a narrow heel. Definitely recommend getting fitted by the pros at a running store.

Make sure when you get sized for new shoes you do so after you've been walking around for a while and not after being sedentary. Getting shoes that fit feet that have been "worked out" for a while (read: long walk through the mall) will be a better fit and will avoid them being too tight when you do workout.

I love New Balance shoes for walking or running. My podiatrist recommends them too, because they have wide and extra wide widths, and don't cost a fortune either! Skechers has a pretty nice shoe too. Adidas, most Nike shoes and Puma are way too narrow. Another hint the doctor gave me: On workout shoes, buy them a half-size bigger than you usually wear. Your feet will swell during exercise which tends to pinch your toes. Save the workout shoes for workouts and switch back to your regular shoes (& change socks) after you leave the gym. It also allows your shoes to air out. I don't know about you, but my feet sweat and my socks get damp. Otherwise I get blisters and smelly feet.