Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heading back to ER again, prayers please

So glad to hear from you we were getting so worried about you I hope you are finally on the way to a resolution to these issues have they figured out the problem yet? Thinking of you and praying all goes well and moves in the right direction for you

Hope you are feeling much better than what I've read so far. I'm due to have a Duodenal Switch In APRIL and I'm scared to death (pardon the expression) .. Anyways, I hope u are better ..

@nprcowboy

you can run but you can't hide ;) :)

hope things are improving one day at a time :)

take care :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I'm praying for you. I can't imagine what you're going through. Your strength is remarkable and encouraging. You will get through this, I have no doubt about it!

Hey folks quick update. Sorry haven't been on. I'm still on tube feed, but weaning myself down a little bit instead of 24/7. Docs orders were 24/7, nothing but Clear Liquids and 3 times as day compazine for the nausea. He will evaluate me this Friday. Problem is, he said if I am doing well, he may pull tube. That's good but every other time I got worse after. I got sick originally when went to soft foods. So how would I know I can nourish myself, not be nauseous, tolerate soft foods etc..... SO...... I decided to wean myself down. Proud to say. 10 days from hospital stay 4, I backed down now to compazine once a day, maybe 16 hours on tube feed today, I have been trying some solids and have been staying down. I feel confident I can have them pull tube on Friday and sustain myself. I will go back to work next week too after 11 weeks. So I am doing well. Energy is coming back. Ty for all the prayers they were needed. Was so bad at Xmas, I cried and wrote a detailed will. I couldn't even tolerate an ounce of Water and felt death knocking. I have a new outlook and appreciate things like ability to drink water as we all take for granted. Now for the not so good news. On my wife's bypass do of discharge they were surprised at well she was doing from surgery, she has done great BTW. but, with these surgeries we all get a random liver biopsy to check for fatty liver, on the day of discharge they told my wife the biopsy tested positive for cancer. She's went last week and this week for nuclear scans and tests to find the tumor. She's a nurse, so knows to much for her own good. Cancer doesn't start in the liver, in mastaticises there and cones from somewhere else. So 2 places with cancer, liver and other tumor location. Day I I have my appt this Friday, she gets results of all the tests and diagnosis from oncologist. Her mom is flying down to be with us when she gets results. We can't catch a break. She went back to work from bypass surgery yesterday and we are probably looking at surgery for her based on cancer treatment plan. Financially is going to be rougher with more time off but health is foremost of course. She's beside herself with this of course and me too. My illness brought us close together. So prayers again please for her and us. Love you bunch of folks.

You won't know until you try. Go Slow. Perhaps 2 shakes a day and one bit of soft food like a soft scrambled egg or cream of wheat.

Here's hoping the best to your wife from an 8 year uterine cancer survivor.

Still praying for you both. Thanks for the update. Even with all the stress and uncertainty, your post reads much more hopeful and optimistic than before.

Praying for both of you. Maybe the silver lining to your illness is the fact that the two of you have grown closer and are better prepared to handle her situation.

Saying prayers for both of you and will be thinking about your wife Friday.

You and your wife certainly have my prayers, @nprcowboy. Much love to you and yours and I specifically pray for Friday.

How are you doing? What was the problem? Please update... Prayers for you

Prayers for you and your wife.