Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Smooth move is my answer/go to when I feel like I've eat to much

It's a laxative tea. I think I've eat to much today. I won't worry much. One cup of Smooth Move, with two tea bags and I'm sure it's all going to be gone tomorrow.

Does anyone else do this?

I use the Smooth Move tea to help combat the effects of the narcotics I take daily. It is effective and gentle. I never would have believed it if I hadn't tried it for myself.

I have heard of smoothe move tea on this board on another post/thread but what I don't know is where I can buy it. Can anyone offer some help there?

I posted my story, but where is the little scale for the weight lose. I dont think I did that

I guess I would be concerned about using laxative of any sort. I used warm ginger tea for nausea. I have never taken the meds for nausea cuz the tea always worked. I guess because my surgery is still very new. I can eat that much. I feel to uncomfortable.

I ordered mine on line yesterday from Amazon and it was only $5 a box with free shipping. Haven't seen it in the stores here in Edmonton (canada)

Are you using it to lose weight? Smooth Move is a laxative that should only be used for Constipation. Use of laxatives for weight loss does not work and can be considered an eating disorder. food and calories are absorbed in the small intestine. Laxatives eliminate waste in the large intestine. Smooth move also works as a diuretic and can cause low potassium levels.

The laxative properties in Smooth Move Teas are herbal and not chemical like Ex-Lax or Miralax. I am supposed to still be taking stool softeners because of the pain meds I take causing Constipation. The Smooth Move tastes a little like licorice, but I steep the chocolate flavor in a cup of sugar-free cocoa at bedtime if I have not had enough veggies that day.

So, I don't use it to purge a meal, because I was an anorexic teen and don't want the opposite problem with laxative bulemia now. Seems like I use Smooth Move a couple of times a week, though. When constipation was a problem for a while, I did indeed use it every day. I keep it on hand. I got mine from Amazon, too. It shipped quickly.

Smooth Move uses senna, a stimulant laxative, which although it is herbal can make your colon dependent on it. Murilax is an osmotic which means it brings Water into the colon to help you go. It does not cause dependency and can be taken every day with the recommendation of a doctor.

Smooth Move should not be used for more than two weeks.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-652-senna.aspx?activeingredientid=652&activeingredientname=senna

BTW... Ex-lax also uses senna.

Thank you for breaking out the two mechanisms of these laxatives. Here's a question, anyone know how often we should have a BM? I have used Miralax a couple of times with minimal success. I am lucky if I "go" every other day. Also any other cautions if I tried a cup of this tea besides only using it short term?

To the OP, your use of dieter's tea is a form of an eating disorder. As a fellow bulimic, please talk to your nutritionist about your practice. As another poster said, digestion/calorie absorption occurs well before we eliminate waste.

For those of you that are further out in your weight loss adventure and having BM issues, I've found that this smoothie works amazingly well.

1/2 cup papaya

4-5 prunes

1/4 to 1/2 cup aloe Vera juice

1/2 cup spinach

1/4 cranberry juice (or other juice)

Blend well. You may need to add some Water to get it to blend.

Papaya is a great digestive aid and has a lot of natural enzymes. Aloe Vera juice is a natural laxative and does not cause dependency.

Papaya can be purchased and cut up into chunks and frozen.

You can add unflavored Protein to increase your Protein levels.

Thank you for breaking out the two mechanisms of these laxatives. Here's a question, anyone know how often we should have a BM? I have used Miralax a couple of times with minimal success. I am lucky if I "go" every other day. Also any other cautions if I tried a cup of this tea besides only using it short term?

To the OP, your use of dieter's tea is a form of an eating disorder. As a fellow bulimic, please talk to your nutritionist about your practice. As another poster said, digestion/calorie absorption occurs well before we eliminate waste.

I think every other day is great if your still losing weight. In maintenance, once a day would be something to shoot for, but you probably won't get there by concentrating on Protein. Increase Water consumption and add chia seeds to your yogurt and add additional raw foods that have natural digestive enzymes:

Sprouts

Papaya, pineapple, mango, kiwi, and grapes

Avocado

Raw honey

Bee pollen

Extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil

Raw meat and dairy

The laxative properties in Smooth Move Teas are herbal and not chemical like Ex-Lax or Miralax. I am supposed to still be taking stool softeners because of the pain meds I take causing Constipation. The Smooth Move tastes a little like licorice, but I steep the chocolate flavor in a cup of sugar-free cocoa at bedtime if I have not had enough veggies that day.

So, I don't use it to purge a meal, because I was an anorexic teen and don't want the opposite problem with laxative bulemia now. Seems like I use Smooth Move a couple of times a week, though. When constipation was a problem for a while, I did indeed use it every day. I keep it on hand. I got mine from Amazon, too. It shipped quickly.

Smooth Move is not a stool softener, it's a laxative. If you're having to take it twice a week for more than two weeks your colon is probably dependent on it to have a BM.

I don't think I have a dis-order. I hate feeling bloated and this stuff works great. I also enjoy the taste of it. I guess I could add more harm and say... I can quit anytime I want. :D

Its just nice to stay on schedule and know every morning at the same time its gonna happen.

After my surgery I didn't go for a solid five days and it felt weird.

Now to argue on the other point, one could argue that I have an eating disorder. I did have to have surgery to get the weight off.