Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Without Aftercare

Are you eligible for Medicare in your state? A subsidy?

I understand the budget issue but hope you explore all your options.

Also, see if the surgeon you choose has insurance for complications (like Blis).

I truly hope everything goes well for you. I wish you all the best.

Surfer Girl, no I am not eligible for medicare and that price is with the subsidy. But all went well with surgery almost 8 weeks out. I'm very happy with my sleeve. For me it was a great decision. I wish you all the best as well.

Surfer Girl, I know you have good intentions but I for one have checked insurance prices. for me it is $628 per month with a 12600 deductible. Where in the world would I get an extra $20,000 a year? It may not be much to some people but that is almost half my yearly pay? so just saying for some people insurance isn't an option. I chose to save $5000 and just get it done and over.

Boy, I thought MY policy options sucked! At least I was able to find something with a $5000 deductible, which really only makes my policy good for major catastrophes (if the insurance company decides they want to cover it...they wouldn't pay for my WLS or my fecal transplant). So despite paying $3600 in premiums for insurance, I still ended up forking out another $10,000 in the last 12 months. What a great healthcare system we have!

Sounds like we're both in that working class zone that got screwed by Obamacare.... We make too much to qualify for free healthcare, but not enough to afford the outrageous premiums for a decent policy. I had much better coverage, lower deductible and lower premium before healthcare became so "affordable".

Sorry for the rant, but this is a major pet peeve of mine. Glad all went well with your surgery!

Edited by Kindle

Boy, I thought MY policy options sucked! At least I was able to find something with a $5000 deductible, which really only makes my policy good for major catastrophes (if the insurance company decides they want to cover it...they wouldn't pay for my WLS or my fecal transplant). So despite paying $3600 in premiums for insurance, I still ended up forking out another $10,000 in the last 12 months. What a great healthcare system we have!

Sounds like we're both in that working class zone that got screwed by Obamacare.... We make too much to qualify for free healthcare, but not enough to afford the outrageous premiums for a decent policy. I had much better coverage, lower deductible and lower premium before healthcare became so "affordable".

Sorry for the rant, but this is a major pet peeve of mine. Glad all went well with your surgery!

Kindle yes me too about the pet peeve I was trying to keep my mouth quiet about Obamacare. LOL You said it very correctly and without words I would have used. yes I did have great healthcare but now none at all. It really helped those that it was meant to help.... the insurance companies.

I am so happy to hear that it is possible to get through the post-op without all the extra visits. My surgery is on January 8th in Cancun.

I had surgery in Mexico October 30th and everything went great. I followed up once with my PCP when I got back. I did choose to see a nutritionist with the local bariatric surgery program and have found it to be very helpful. It is worth the cost to me. Since this is my new life a hundred dollars every 6-8 weeks on top of the surgery cost is well worth it, especially since I am saving way more than that on the cost of food.< /p>