Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my surgery on August 5th, lost about 20 pounds with diet before and 2 weeks after surgery. Since then I have maintained but thats it. I can eat anything I want and how much. I dont get it. I have had 2 adjustments and still haven't started losing. Is it more mind then anything? What makes the band loosen up, is it if I eat to much or swallow to much to fast? The only thing this has done for me is get rid of heart burn. I am thankful for that but damn I was hoping to be 40lbs lighter by now.

It took me 4 fills to get to the green zone, but I lost weight steadily from the beginning. I just followed my Dr.s rules of protien 1st, fruits and vegetables 2nd, carbs last. Limit your sweets, exercise minimum 3x a week, lots of Water, no soda or fast food. Thats it, and it worked ! I averaged about loss of 1 lb a week, I was0 Try putting your food and exercises into MFP ( My Fitness Pal), you may be eating more calories than you think ! If you're still not losing in a month, go see your Dr. for help ! Good luck !

I agree too :) You need to keep a food, Water and exercise log to keep yourself accountable. All of these can be tracked on my fitness pal AND it is free. Over time you will realize that your band is a tool and not magic. Everyday I wake up and I have no idea what my band may bring. It could be so tight I can barely keep liquids down or so loose I feel I could just eat the house down. Just remember the band restricts food going into your stomach and not the thoughts that go into your brain. I have had my band for 9 years and it took about 2 years for me to recognize that the food was not at fault.... I was. It was the choices, quality and quantity of these foods I put into my body. Do not get frustrated with yourself or the band. Every banded person has there own journey so do not compare yours to anyone else. A twenty pound loss is exactly that a twenty pound loss.... congratulations :) Keep everything in your life as positive as you can, look forward and not backward and you will be amazed at how strong, powerful and awesome you truly are. You got this!!!

Also, what I have noticed is I will have restriction and as I lose more weight, my restriction wanes and I have to have an adjustment. I've been at goal for 4 or 5 months and am seeing that I need an adjustment now. Just have to find time to get to my surgeons office. Holidays are rough at work too.